IGNORED

Snow In The Forcast For The Bristol Area,is Saturdays Match Safe?

Never to the dark side

Hopefully the game won't be called off

The ground staff tend to put covers over the pitch nowadays, but it's the freezing temperature that makes the pitch unplayable, not necessarily the snow.

From another angle, there's too many health and safety rules about the crowd getting to and from the ground in snowy conditions, which in my opinion is a load rubbish*

* - I'm pretty sure this subject was done to death last year during the snowfall !!

Guest bywaterred

It looks like Bristol will miss most of the snow tomorrow and what we do get will be so wet it will be slush like and will hopefully be gone by midday tomorrow. Let's hope it dosent get called off. I can't remember who we were playing a couple of years ago when they called it off just as I was parking up as the east end was icey

It looks like Bristol will miss most of the snow tomorrow and what we do get will be so wet it will be slush like and will hopefully be gone by midday tomorrow. Let's hope it dosent get called off. I can't remember who we were playing a couple of years ago when they called it off just as I was parking up as the east end was icey

Cardiff in FA Cup?

Guest bywaterred

Cardiff in FA Cup?

Yeah that was it. I thought Cardiff but thought that was the same season it chucked it down with snow all game but the seccond game would have been fa cup.

Even if the snow isn't an issue, could the volume of rain we've had this week make the pitch unplayable? My lads football training was cancelled last night as the allweather pitch was flooded! Or do the ground staff cover it up when flooding is imminent?

Having been briefly on the pitch at Ashton Gate yesterday in the dark (don't ask!) it wasn't flooded in the least. The bit round the edge where the players warm up was a bit stodgy, but the pitch itself was fine.

No covers on either.

Guest bywaterred

Why does everyone seem to panic about the weather ?

Bemmy area wont be affected by snow and the ground is designed to soak up water and drain away.

Agreed. Best groundsmen in the country they know what there doing. All will be fine

Chilax everyone the game will be fine

Archived