IGNORED

Manager Motivation

REBS14

Whilst all the topics and discussions are aimed at players, how good they are how bad they are - but what about the managers ?

what really motivates them, is it the money, is it self esteem, do they get bonuses for completing a task, pride, egos, striving for higher levels

Everyone seems to understand what makes a player tick and we are very good or so we think at working out players but what about the gaffers ?

Not for one minute do I look at Del who's a manager who thrives on his ego or anything along those lines.. Del is clearly a manager who has one ambition; be the best he can be. He clearly loves being on the training ground and wants to manage at the very top.

In my opinion it seems to me he has great man-management skills as he has previously managed to get the best out of players who's career were going only one way which was down.

I think you have to be slightly loopy to be a manager, it can't be for money (although it is good) career prospects are not great for the majority, time in the job is not great for the majority.

They must be in it for the fleeting glory that they can get from it. They can be in it for the long hours mass stress and abuse from the fans, that is for sure.

Not for one minute do I look at Del who's a manager who thrives on his ego or anything along those lines.. Del is clearly a manager who has one ambition; be the best he can be. He clearly loves being on the training ground and wants to manage at the very top.

In my opinion it seems to me he has great man-management skills as he has previously managed to get the best out of players who's career were going only one way which was down.

10/10 agree with Dels aspirations and he has got some what appears to be some great attributes, the topic was a general starter and not aimed at Del - just managers in General

I think you have to be slightly loopy to be a manager, it can't be for money (although it is good) career prospects are not great for the majority, time in the job is not great for the majority.

They must be in it for the fleeting glory that they can get from it. They can be in it for the long hours mass stress and abuse from the fans, that is for sure.

In my opinion being a manager would be the best job in the world, above being a footballer.

Just to have the ability to make those decisions that could be the differance to win you the game. Obviously to be a manager you have to be thick skinned but if you have the players on side and have good tactical knowledge you can go very far.

Oh and also to be a good manager you need to be very lucky.

Archived