IGNORED

Warnock Fired

Redcliffe 78

Let's face it, if those incidents had happened to us with him as our manager you would all love him.

I honestly wouldn't Superjack. For me, the morality of my Manager is important, even more important than the results (for me, it's apersonal thing). I remember when GJ tripped Chopra, many on here were laughing at that, thinking it was brilliant because they did not like Cardiff or Chopra (or that Chopra had just scored against us). As I say, many on here were treating GJ like a hero for doing that, whereas I was, frankly, embarrassed.

I want a manager I can be proud of, not just because of on-field success but because they are decent men (ironically, the ONE thing I respect about Coppell is that, as soon as he realised he couldn't do it any more he left, he didn't just take the money and take the **** like many (no names eh Pulis?).

One of the great things about Del for me is not just that he seems to be a fine manager but he seems (and I'm only going from media interviews, I do not know him or have ever met him), to be a throughly decent man and that (for me) is the number 1 priority, a manager I can be proud to have lead my team, not one I am ashamed of and if Warnock was here, I am sure we would be getting results but I would be a little bit ashamed that he was my manager, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like that.

I think it DOES matter that the manager has a moral compass, I accept I am probably the only one but I would NOT want Alex Ferguson as City manager, for all his success and for all his undoubted ability, I feel he is not a nice man and I think it matters that the boss is a decent person.

I honestly wouldn't Superjack. For me, the morality of my Manager is important, even more important than the results (for me, it's apersonal thing). I remember when GJ tripped Chopra, many on here were laughing at that, thinking it was brilliant because they did not like Cardiff or Chopra (or that Chopra had just scored against us). As I say, many on here were treating GJ like a hero for doing that, whereas I was, frankly, embarrassed.

I want a manager I can be proud of, not just because of on-field success but because they are decent men (ironically, the ONE thing I respect about Coppell is that, as soon as he realised he couldn't do it any more he left, he didn't just take the money and take the **** like many (no names eh Pulis?).

One of the great things about Del for me is not just that he seems to be a fine manager but he seems (and I'm only going from media interviews, I do not know him or have ever met him), to be a throughly decent man and that (for me) is the number 1 priority, a manager I can be proud to have lead my team, not one I am ashamed of and if Warnock was here, I am sure we would be getting results but I would be a little bit ashamed that he was my manager, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like that.

I think it DOES matter that the manager has a moral compass, I accept I am probably the only one but I would NOT want Alex Ferguson as City manager, for all his success and for all his undoubted ability, I feel he is not a nice man and I think it matters that the boss is a decent person.

A well reasoned response, Southport.

Certainly, given a choice between Warnock (who gets results) and a 'nice guy' who gets the same results (which hopefully it will be proved that we have), I would not disagree.

I would though reiterate my point that football would be a lot duller without Warnock and I find it amazing that certain people can hate him with such ferocity. If you are a child at a pantomime it is understandable and of course it is part of the fun when City have just been 'involved' against one of his teams, but if you are an adult on a forum (albeit a football one), the rest of the time I just find it quite sad.

Guest lugger

I'm not sure we ever get to know the REAL man behind the manager. I agree a moral compass is very very important and Colin has demonstrated his is way off but these guys are under enormous pressure to get results at all costs within the confinements of what the FA deem acceptable. Bit harsh to judge them under the usual criteria but agree with the sentiment of this post.

All things considered it seems a bit harsh- putting aside any past issues with us (and he has had past issues with many clubs, according to his wiki page!!)

Anyway, in a climate where Kean seems fireproof, McCarthy has progressed Wolves precisely 0% in his 3rd PL season with them- look at the table from this stage 09/10 they're in pretty much an identical position and some Villa fans may argue being below Swansea and Norwich (who have done great as it goes) is unacceptable- yet of the 4 it is Warnock out first. Hmmm...

You're almost certainly in a distinct minority with that comment. I would have Brad back in a heartbeat.

you and me both,often wished he would fall out of favour there. might have been a hot head but he was passionate about doing his job well

used to see his name on the scoresheet too

clapping.gif

This is supposed to be a BCFC fans forum:-

- freedom of speech - good

- overwhelming praise for an idiot that called our club 'cheats' - close to unforgivable IMHO.

Anyone who thinks Warnock would EVER be allowed through the doors of AG for interview is completely deluded. These people think the majority of fans would accept him.

Trolling of the very worst kind.

. . .It was certainly very entertaining and colourful when we played Palace back then, with his unsubstantiated rants and an orange chairman to boot!

I don't look forward half as much to playing them now

I would suggest that there is indeed a child reading this forum, given your propensity to be outraged by a 'pantomime villain'.

Neil Warnock is a very good manager. I am very happy with McInnes, but in other circumstances would happily have Warnock here. Just because some of his more recent high-profile run-ins have been against City, a large proportion of this forum buy into the Colin '******' theory. Let's face it, if those incidents had happened to us with him as our manager you would all love him.

As a 'pantomime villain' he is pure entertainment. Football would be a lot duller without him - almost as dull as your tiresome rants against him make many threads on this forum.

Likewise, he is also quite funny - far funnier than you, despite your constant attention-seeking efforts.

Spot on, Superjack.

Warnock is the managerial equivalent to Robbie Savage. Both will give their absolute all for the club they represent by 'any means necessary'.

You just cannot take Warnock seriously. If SL had taken his 'cheats' tirade seriously I'd have been more worried about SL's judgement than anything else. Most people in football have the good sense to Warnock for what he is - decent manager willing to say anything to get an edge for his club. He'll be in another job before the end of the season and maybe even before the transfer window closes.

Some people need to get a sense of proportion of what's important and what isn't. Being defined by your loathing of Neil Warnock is truly sad.

Good. The bloke is an idiot! Good championship manager but no more. Fallen short every time in the prem where you need that bit more know how and tactical nouse!

and most importantly money...

Superb manager...one any Championship Club would welcome...doesnt take any shit from anyone especially his own players...hates every other club than the one hes managing...3 years ago his appointment would have us in The Premier League by now... without a doubt...

Why?

Because he's a brilliant defender. He would go a long way to getting our defence back to what it once was.....

I don't think many would want that overrated thug back here.

So over-rated that our defence has been a shambles ever since?

Even with McInnes we can only have one up front because of our poor defence!

Because he's a brilliant defender. He would go a long way to getting our defence back to what it once was.....

So over-rated that our defence has been a shambles ever since?

Even with McInnes we can only have one up front because of our poor defence!

I wouldn't say he's a brilliant defender, very committed and always 100%, very erratic in his distribution and our defence was also able to be crap with him in the side as well. I 'd like us to move on and get better quality to improve.

and most importantly money...

Superb manager...one any Championship Club would welcome...doesnt take any shit from anyone especially his own players...hates every other club than the one hes managing...3 years ago his appointment would have us in The Premier League by now... without a doubt...

It's not so much that he hates every club but the one he's managing, Dave. That's true. It's that he takes it to the extreme of insulting opposing fans, calling fellow professional players cheats - whilst simultaneously seeming to encourage every dodgy practice amongst his own players.

I think he's achieved a lot, but I don't give him any particular plaudits for getting the wealthiest club in the Championship promoted. The money did that....

Who can forget the " Johnson thinks warnock is a .........."

The reason he got that, was that in reality, I think we respect the guy, good manager, passion plentiful.

If he was a "no mark" would he have got that, he got that as we perceived him as a threat to our chances that day, hence why he's a good manager.

Wind up merchant yes, but graceful in defeat that day after taking a wack, which was way out of order

He got that song so resoundingly sung at him because he was, as always, a complete moron following the away leg of the playoffs.

Still one of my favourite memories of that season hearing pretty much all of AG chanting in unison as he walked across the pitch. Oh what a night it was!!

:dance:

I think its sad that people think this way about Warnock. I love the bloke. He is in the same style as Brian Clough and Malcolm Allison and, like those two, not only is he an astute manager but he is witty and entertaining. His comments after the first leg of the play-offs were fantastic, and you could see straight away what he was trying to do. Gary Johnson had a similar streak to him, in terms of his ability to wind up the opposition, and I think we all appreciated that. I'd have had Warnock as manager at City any day, and those who take his comments as seriously as this should lighten up and enjoy a manager with a bit of personality.

Archived