IGNORED

Some Good, Some Not So Good

Robbored

First of all I was surprised to see the line up, not because Maynard was dropped ( about time to ) but because McInnes started with both Albert and Bolasie. I have to admit that I've become used to seeing defensive line up and never saw that coming.

Fact is it worked and City caused Donny endless problem down both flanks all the first half. Pearson looked good in the middle, Kilkenny, playing in a more forward position was influential and Cisse was everywhere and deserved his goal. Wood provided something we haven't had for ages, namely height and movement and scored a good goal. Skuse and Foster both overlapped fantastically. 2-0 at half time was a true reflection of the game.

I expected City to come out second 45 and kill the game with a third goal but for whatever reason Kilkenny started to drop deeper and City lost momentum as he delayed and dithered with the ball at his feet and the slower tempo of game allowed Donny's 10 men more respite and when they scored City had to face a very nervous last 15 mins. I reckon Skuse must have taken a knock because I can't see any other reason he got subbed.

Overall a very good first half but a much poorer second 45.

That said 3 points is just what we needed and now puts City 6 above the dreaded drop zone.

Amazing how a goal changes the game (and Skuse going off).

And also why we are so bad against ten men yet if we have ten men you can bet the other team takes advantage.

Still the only aim this season has to be survival and that is 3 wins from 4 in the league. Can't argue with that.

Guest Scoliver92

Bolasie was fantastic imo, constant menace towards the donny defence. Skuse, foster, kilkenny in 1st half and pearson were all very impressive also. All went wrong when skuse came off and we reverted to 2 up front.

Both were bloody brilliant.

glad for skuse...he was taking some stick in the early match thread posts.....he is a bit like marmite, some people can see what he brings others dont..A few on here argue that for some reason he is undropabble by all our managers, but the managers are the only ones who see what happens on the training pitch during the week and from what i can see he is a good honest pro and has his place

At times but the they goal scored was pretty impressive. City didn't get near them for about 20 passes......

I thought it was more down to our ineptitude at that point in the game, and the appalling defending in the box, free header for Boof, it all happened in slomo from where I was sat.

At times but the they goal scored was pretty impressive. City didn't get near them for about 20 passes......

Would that be the goal where Cisse lost it, they got it out to the left wing and crossed in for an unmarked Diouf to score? I must have missed the other 15+ passes.

Skuse was limping for a little bit after the red card challenge, maybe taking him off during the 2nd half was a result of that. I reckon it might have tactical though, I think Del saw an opportunity for more goals and an improvement to the goal difference. Maybe Del will explain that change at some point.

Guest Bigdave60

First of all I was surprised to see the line up, not because Maynard was dropped ( about time to ) but because McInnes started with both Albert and Bolasie. I have to admit that I've become used to seeing defensive line up and never saw that coming.

Fact is it worked and City caused Donny endless problem down both flanks all the first half. Pearson looked good in the middle, Kilkenny, playing in a more forward position was influential and Cisse was everywhere and deserved his goal. Wood provided something we haven't had for ages, namely height and movement and scored a good goal. Skuse and Foster both overlapped fantastically. 2-0 at half time was a true reflection of the game.

I expected City to come out second 45 and kill the game with a third goal but for whatever reason Kilkenny started to drop deeper and City lost momentum as he delayed and dithered with the ball at his feet and the slower tempo of game allowed Donny's 10 men more respite and when they scored City had to face a very nervous last 15 mins. I reckon Skuse must have taken a knock because I can't see any other reason he got subbed.

That said 3 points is just what we needed and now puts City 6 above the dreaded drop zone.

I just see KILKENNY as a Johnson mark two when he slows the game down.

3 POINTS JUST WHAT WE NEEDED. 3 POINTS IN A TRICKY GAME, WELL DONE CITY.

The whole team played well until we messesd around with the formation....

Yep, soon as we go 442 we let in a soft goal. Del soon changed it back again though. We simply cannot play 442 with the midfielders we currently have.

I thought having a bloke upfront who can hold it up makes a big difference in this formation. Probably for that reason we could play both Albert and Yannick.

Would that be the goal where Cisse lost it, they got it out to the left wing and crossed in for an unmarked Diouf to score? I must have missed the other 15+ passes.

I must of missed these 15+ passes too. Was a soft goal let in that. Apparently radio bristol reported it was a 20 pass goal? I saw it exactly how you did.

Gutted that whinging sewer rat was l left unmarked :grr:

I must of missed these 15+ passes too. Was a soft goal let in that. Apparently radio bristol reported it was a 20 pass goal? I saw it exactly how you did.

Gutted that whinging sewer rat was l left unmarked :grr:

you must really have a low impression of sewer rates to compare them to that a-hole.

We started off strong, with Donny having a few shots at James as well. I did boo Diouf whenever he touched the ball, and did join in on the East End chant of "W*****" when he threw his temper tantrum (That look on his face when he turned to see the East End-should have taken a photo and printed T-shirts) . I think the red card was well deserved, I saw a two footed lunge on Skuse, that has been in recent criticism in the game. Thankfully, the ref made the right decision.

Adomah and Bolasie completely outplayed and outclassed all the defenders that had the unfortunate task of trying to deal with them, and Bolasie also performed a bit of showboating, taunting the Donny number 2 then getting past him effortlessly just like Trundle used to do. It was great to see Wood score on his debut- he looked threatening during the first half- and Foster played well too, moving up to support Bolasie and then dropping back to support the defence is something he could teach Pearson. Pearson had an OK game, but he looked a bit slow compared to Foster. Kilkenny provided support for the wingers, despite dropping back a bit too late on occasions.

If Bolasie was the MOTM, the second best was certainly Cisse. He certainly deserved the goal and looked threatening all game; hopefully he can get games under McInnes after a performance like that.

In my opinion, Pitman was SHOCKING. He even managed to have a shot set up for him, only for him to hit the scoreboard on top of the Wedlock stand, much to the dismay of all the home fans. When he got the ball, there was no sense of confidence that Bolasie, Adomah or even Wood had, so he regularly gave away the ball in crucial positions. I have nothing to say about the Doncaster goal because I didn't see it.

Stead also had a bit of a disappointing game. When the ball was slipped to Donnys penalty area, there was a communication breakdown as Pitman thought Stead would get the ball, and vice versa. The ball was then taken by a Donny defender.

Today was Quid-A-Kid, and I was very pleasantly surprised to hear a high-pitched rendition of "Come on you REDS!". I turned around to see a large group of children singing, with beaming parents sitting around them. This was in the very tense latter part of the game and it really put a smile on my face to see them do a thing like that. Final attendance of 14951, a good one against a little team like Doncaster, who I didn't hear at all, even with the help of the acoustics in the Wedlock.

I didn't actually see the emergency in the Williams Stand. I was told it was a very serious incident, and I can only hope that the instant response from paramedics meant that both managed to receive proper treatment.

Archived