IGNORED

Foster

mightyreds89

Thought he looked better going forward than he did defensively, he really shouldn't have let the cross come in so easy for their goal. But it was good to see our full backs pushing on, Skuse crossing for the goal and Foster having a few shots.

Likes to shoot from range...We could really use someone who can work the goalkeeper from distance and give the forwards something to chase down!!!

The boy played at Rangers so we hope he is as good as he promises (Webster not withstanding)

The lad looked class - better in the first half at LB i thought but still very composed and accomplished at RB, what struck me was his ability to beat players and his speed, he had a about three or four cracks at goal - breath of fresh air - Excellent signing - 10/10

Ive just logged on thinking that I would see a 4 page thread on Foster. What a refreshing player he is!!!! I thought he had a fantastic game. He would well with the back line and used the ball very well. He is 2 footed, fast and isn't affraid to have a pop on goal. I've got the feeling that he's going to be a new fans favourite. Well he's mine already.

+1

Thought he looked better going forward than he did defensively, he really shouldn't have let the cross come in so easy for their goal. But it was good to see our full backs pushing on, Skuse crossing for the goal and Foster having a few shots.

Agreed..... a good home debut. spoiled by one lapse of concentration. Give him the benefit of the doubt though!

Agreed..... a good home debut. spoiled by one lapse of concentration. Give him the benefit of the doubt though!

Carey share of the blame was far greater, he was caught ball watching and left Diouf in acres on his own.

Guest Brislingwood Red

Not from where I was sitting...sorry we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

Only saw the goals quickly on the box, but looked to me as if Carey was ball watching and lost his sense of positioning allowing Diouf a free header. Took it well though.

Guest Ashton Great

Not from where I was sitting...sorry we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

Watch it back on tv, Carey got caught under the ball and left Diouf in acres of space. Foster probably should have done a bit more to stop the cross though.

Watch it back on tv, Carey got caught under the ball and left Diouf in acres of space. Foster probably should have done a bit more to stop the cross though.

... and James might have come off his line to deal with the cross.

But basically that lapse was inevitable with the two-man midfield we were playing at that time.

As for Foster - like what I saw. Tidy, very tidy biggrin.gif

when we signed him aberdeen were thanking us for taking the biggest pile of poo (their words) off their hands. was just wondering if anybody has asked them if they have any more poo like him we could have.

In all carey fairness that was about the sum total of 2 fans who came on here and said that and maybe even only one. Strikes me this is not sufficient a straw poll of dons fans to come to the conclusion you have.

In all carey fairness that was about the sum total of 2 fans who came on here and said that and maybe even only one. Strikes me this is not sufficient a straw poll of dons fans to come to the conclusion you have.

There was a fair few on here and many more on there own forum.

I thought Foster was ok. Played at both right and left back during the game, got forward well, got off a couple of shots, one bringing a good save and his pace really showed especially when he raced across to beat Diouf to a through ball in the second half.

Only criticism was that he overlooked players outside him when going forward particularly Bolasie too often imo.

Archived