IGNORED

Forza Revolution

Forza Revolution

Guest Almondsbury_red

Just a thought could the noise from the East End be fed via the PA system, albeit at a reduced level, to the other stands in the ground. Having sat in all areas of the ground prior to getting my EE ST I'd say it's not a lack of singers but lack of leaders. If they had this feed I'm sure many more would lift their voices.

Not a chance in hell. My old man, smell my fingers etc being played through the PA :laugh:

Guest BristolCider9

I sit in the atyeo and cant remember a season where the atmosphere has been so bad! We do need our feel-good factor back, need to make our remaining night games red&white nights :city: City need to help by putting flags around the ground, play the wurzels at the start to get the fans singing and making loads of noise! We have to make Ashton Gate ours again by drowning out the away fans! The fans in the east end are brilliant, it would be good to get more of our fans in there :innocent06: but we need fans from all the ground to contribute to making a good atmosphere! Hopefully then the players will respond to this and score more goals, and we get enough points to keep us up! :banana:

Almondsbury_red, I agree with you in that the people in the east end do sing all game! I am one of them and stand near the slower singers in the middle generally! I can see what they are trying to achieve but people in other stands cannot hear us! I thought we were great in the EE on saturday however my mate in the Dolman said we were silent all game (i was gutted). He also said leeds were really loud but I did not hear a whisper apart from the odd MOT song.

Lets give this a go and see what happens!

Guest Almondsbury_red

Almondsbury_red, I agree with you in that the people in the east end do sing all game! I am one of them and stand near the slower singers in the middle generally! I can see what they are trying to achieve but people in other stands cannot hear us! I thought we were great in the EE on saturday however my mate in the Dolman said we were silent all game (i was gutted). He also said leeds were really loud but I did not hear a whisper apart from the odd MOT song.

Lets give this a go and see what happens!

That's just down to the design of the stand, stadium and lack of our own fans in there. More fans in the Eastend = greater noise that other stands can hear and then join in with. A lot of hard work and money has gone into the Eastend so far all down to fans. The club can help the Eastend by opening it up properly. The rest of the ground need to get off there own asses and stop waiting for the club/the person sat next to them etc to do something. All that has been done with the Eastend in getting Murals done, flags etc has been fan done and shows what can be achieved if people are willing to put there own time and effort into it.

Yes and what has been done in the EE is incredible, no denying it! It puts the club to shame, as it just show how much is being done to create an atmosphere compared to them! If threads like this, emails to the club and generally creating awareness gets things moving again then it has done some good!

Lets wait and see what the club does and hope it inspires our supporters again if nothing else?

What are your thoughts on the purple and green scarves, supporting the removal of restrictions on the EE? :D

FORZA REVOLUTION

Atmosphere hmmmmm it's not the best but it's there at times and better than most championship clubs.

It is a vicious circle as fans can lift players as players lift the fans that can go hand in hand, and that link is not working as well as it should, lets be fair here we have been well below par as a team in recent times and the current team is or will be in transition and we need to crawl to safety this season and let the gaffer sort it out in the summer, it will be squeaky bum time for some and they won't feel like singing (city need results and it won't be pretty) now like it or not (dare i say it) maynard has done damage with trust between fans and so called player heros, that trust needs to return as the fans have been left flat by it all, combined that and a relegation fight it takes it toll, now i know in the 80's and mid 90's it used to be better only by the fact in the 80's fans never had the expectation drafted upon us like after the promotion to the championship then the play off final vs hull, fans suddenly expected to be the dogs b, but since then city have slowly declined in league position and the fans mojo with it.

The players need to help out here and lift fans as much as fans getting behind the players.

On another note the posters in this thread, just out of interest what stand at AG do you go in? ''me the eastend''

Guest Almondsbury_red

Yes and what has been done in the EE is incredible, no denying it! It puts the club to shame, as it just show how much is being done to create an atmosphere compared to them! If threads like this, emails to the club and generally creating awareness gets things moving again then it has done some good!

Lets wait and see what the club does and hope it inspires our supporters again if nothing else?

What are your thoughts on the purple and green scarves, supporting the removal of restrictions on the EE? :D

FORZA REVOLUTION

They won't be popular enough to have any form of effect. Most in the Eastend don't wear replicas and a scarve which ain't our colours won't work. I get the thought though, message banners clearly saying what it is that's wanted is much simpler and more effective.

Guest Scoliver92

So why dont you and a group of people buy flags etc? Its not hard, i dont understand why the club needs to do it. Or why the club needs to pay for it.

Will there be people to wave these flags? Its hard enough to get people to wave the flags in the east end.

The eastend does make noise, you have 100's of people singing in there. Yes it might not travel, but to say there is no noise at all, is just rubbish.

Noise wouldnt travel up to the top of b block etc, the ground isnt designed like that.

I dont see why the club needs to do things, cant people do it themselves?

I would be more than willing to wave a flag in the EE in the build-up to kick off, shame I cant get in there most games due to the stupid restrictions because im only a member

I am an East Ender, previously Dolman Block G? (upper tier near the EE), prior to that Williams block E (with the subbers) and prior to that the Ateyo!

Moved around the ground and have experienced glimpses of atmosphere in every stand.

Is everybody behind getting the East end restrictions lifted and getting behind any attempts to improve atmos? I feel that in order for the club to really get behind our ideas and support us we do need to take into consideration other stands. Yet fully understand some of this is down to the fans!

We don't have long left this season and I feel that the FORZA REVOLUTION combined with the clubs efforts

(which have already begun £10 vs CP) could aid in the club keeping champ status!

Best fans that have been in the East End in recent years. Do you reckon we could generate this type of atmosphere? Or even if any English club could these days what with all the rules and regulations in place in are game that have played a large part in killing the atmosphere at football in this country?

Imagine the East End being like that every week though!

I would be more than willing to wave a flag in the EE in the build-up to kick off, shame I cant get in there most games due to the stupid restrictions because im only a member

And restrictions have me scratching my head

Now the club text message service sent me this today at 5.13pm:

Season ticket holders special: Bring friends to the Crystal palace game next Tuesday 14th feb 7.45pm for just £10 each!

call 01179630600

The above text sounds good, now here is the BUT,,, does it mean that the friend i bring will have to buy a membership for £20

then pay the £10 match ticket turning it in to a £30 match ticket?? now if so this is not such a great deal as they are saying,

the rest of the ground is fine but the eastend?? this is putting off or restricting a willing flag waver from being where they want to be

At ashton gate, the membership may not be ever used again and some won't justify spending £20 and city are losing out on this.

The eastend has to be in line with the rest of the ground on this deal...

Best fans that have been in the East End in recent years. Do you reckon we could generate this type of atmosphere? Or even if any English club could these days what with all the rules and regulations in place in are game that have played a large part in killing the atmosphere at football in this country?

Imagine the East End being like that every week though!

All of that for a pointless friendly in a foreign country. Incredible support.

Super Red, Great Link I have not seen that video before! I have noticed the lads in the middle of the EE like to bounce around a lot during songs but is has not caught on yet!

Is there a leader amongst them who would be willing to go down the front and try and lead chants as they do abroad?

How about the Lads in the middle try standing nearer the netting and showing the younger lads how they feel the tempo of songs should be sung?

Purely out of interest, why don't more of the lads who donated towards the flags not get involved in waving them?

It would be great to hear from those who sit in other stands? I think David L was onto to something when he suggested names for stands to try and encourage?

FORZA REVOLUTION

Guest Almondsbury_red

Super Red, Great Link I have not seen that video before! I have noticed the lads in the middle of the EE like to bounce around a lot during songs but is has not caught on yet!

Is there a leader amongst them who would be willing to go down the front and try and lead chants as they do abroad?

How about the Lads in the middle try standing nearer the netting and showing the younger lads how they feel the tempo of songs should be sung?

Purely out of interest, why don't more of the lads who donated towards the flags not get involved in waving them?

It would be great to hear from those who sit in other stands? I think David L was onto to something when he suggested names for stands to try and encourage?

FORZA REVOLUTION

What block of the Eastend are we talking about here? G block?

I think that has a lot to do with lads still being in the pub at 2 50 and they do take a lot of effort to put up.

All of that for a pointless friendly in a foreign country. Incredible support.

Best set of fans I have EVER seen down the gate in my 35 years of going ..............mind you Im pretty sure even the Williams would be going "mental" if they spent 12 hours sampling the delights of the west country apple juice before a game :banana:

This thread has obviously had a lot of views and replies! If you are reading this and have ideas in your head but you think twice before you post, don't worry! Go for it! Everybody involved wants as many different ideas and suggestions as possible!

I understand that this forum has a bit of a reputation for people criticising others ideas but just do it! Without us all as individuals then there would be no supporters at the ground, let alone an atmosphere!

Any thoughts about what you feel would improve the AG atmosphere, post below! We need as many different contributors as possible!

FORZA REVOLUTION

A quick short term solution for certain games may be to reduce ticket prices for certain evening kick offs substantially, like what Watford did with us earlier this season. Try and get the Gate full and a better atmosphere should be generated. Obviously this isn't going to be a solution, but is alot more feasible immeadiately.

I guess a lot of people dont like to stand in the rain/cold/snow. There are about 4/5 flags that can be waved, yet only 2/3 people willing to wave them.

Would you be willing to help out tuesday? There will be a flag ready if you want. 4 flags will look a lot better than 2 or 3.

What one is that?

Play off final against Hull that was floating above our heads.

Club left me a message last night to say that if I wanted to bring a friend to the palace game next week, they don't need to be a member to get in the EE to sit with me. As it is I don't have anyone to bring, shout if anyone needs me as a season ticket holder to get them the discount though.

FORZA REVOLUTION

Yeah there is a small group of us that try to get the atmosphere going but not everybody seems to want to join in. When we sing it just seems to stay in that block, it doesnt seem to spread to the whole of the east end. It would be good to be right behind the goal, maybe it would create a better atmosphere around the east end and spread to the williams and dolman nearby.

p.s. i get there at 3pm, not 10 to :D

Just to emphasise why this thread and the revolution has begun:

The atmosphere at Ashton Gate needs to improve. I feel a home game match day experience has become stale.

We do not use home games to our advantage and we are far from being fortress Ashton Gate.

I feel more could be done by the club to improve the atmosphere! We need more than just cheerleaders and the same info over the microphone every week! The club can do more and it is up to us to push this to get things done!

As I originally suggested, use this post to suggest ideas to the club regarding how we can improve the atmosphere and therefore give the players a boost! Surfer flag, Chap on the mic winding up fans, ball boys holding onto the ball, 3/4 flags front of each stand, remove seating restrictions, re-instate student membership, Red and white nights? Lets give the club some ideas to work with? They are up for it

The idea is not intended to alienate anyone but bring everyone together! If the East end have advice or tips on how to improve other stands then put them forward as you have already done a superb job! Everybody in the EE moans that the other stands don't sing or make an effort so let's give them some help getting the FORZA REVOLUTION started!

The club has been on a low in recent times due to managerial changes and the loss in the playoffs. We need to lift things again and bring life back to AG. If everyone can get involved then great! For me there would be nothing better than all four stands really starting to get behind the team!

Atleast awareness has now been raised and potentially everybody including the club will start to get behind the team! Lets be honest, it's better than another maynard or hunt thread eh!

FORZA REVOLUTION

FORZA REVOLUTION

Firstly, just wanted to say that the amount of views and replies to this thread and the original is superb! It's great to have positive threads rather than all the negativity over the recent years!

It has been suggested that the £10 per ticket vs palace may be related to everyone on the forum making there feelings known?!

My personal feelings are that the purple and green scarf is a great idea but should represent the Forza Revolution (Bringing atmos back to AG)

As many from the EE have suggested it is important to keep all parties happy! From the Eastend to the Ateyo!

Therefore, how about a proposal of putting all our efforts into the other three stands! Quite a challenge I know, but if it works then it will go down in BCFC history! It seems there are some really keen people who do not sit in the EE so why not use this thread to discuss and potentially get something organised? The club are keen to help it seems, so why nt show the East end how much passion is around the ground? Sure your all up for it?

FORZA REVOLUTION

How does everybody feel about really getting the Ateyo, Dolman and Williams rocking?

Which stand is best suited for a surfer?

Which would benefit from flag bearers at the front? I reckon it would be great in the Dolman so it links up with the EE?

Does the Williams really need song sheets to get on board?

Could we have a singing block in every stand?

Keep the suggestions coming, lets get our PRIDE PASSION AND BELIEF BACK INTO OUR CLUB!

FORZA REVOLUTION

One thing we all could do is.....

All make sure we sing louder? For 90 minutes

That simple really

Signed. I want to buy a season ticket for the EE but not if the club continues to jam home supporters into the corner! If the club give it over to us then I'll be in there like a shot.

How about what FC United fans do in the 5 minutes or so before the teams come out?

Easy to get going if people want it too and would be a good start to the match.

I can remember the days when [insert managers name here] red and white army would last for about 5 minutes and would take in the whole ground. Good times they were.

The 'bounce around the ground' chant was brilliant when it started and I know Del didn't say it but there must be a way of getting it worked in to current times.

How about what FC United fans do in the 5 minutes or so before the teams come out?

Easy to get going if people want it too and would be a good start to the match.

I can remember the days when [insert managers name here] red and white army would last for about 5 minutes and would take in the whole ground. Good times they were.

The 'bounce around the ground' chant was brilliant when it started and I know Del didn't say it but there must be a way of getting it worked in to current times.

Great shout! I've seen this video before and thought we should do it. Did try and get it going a bit too but not many joined in, will try again on tuesday at the back of G block in the EE, feel free to join in.

Go for it! This thread is all about crossing the boundaries and not being afraid to try new songs or suggest ways the club can help us!

Your support for this thread is crucial as I don't want this to just disappear! My views have not changed, it is time to make the williams, dolman and Ateyo a better atmosphere for home fans!

Keep this thread going and let's get Ashton Gate rocking! It will be interesting to see what is discussed in the programme!

FORZA REVOLUTION

"Bring on the city" 5 minutes consistently until kick off is a great shout, its got to keep going, the longer it goes the more people will get involved.

I can understand that it might sound petty to some but if songs are started slower they tend to last longer because naturally they will speed up and eventually peter out (is that how you spell peter?!). That said fast is better that nothing.

Has anyone ever heard I am a cider drinker sang by the whole ground? Its a classic.

I noticed in the video that the FC united fans sing "hello hello we are the busby boys" very quickly (not a bad thing)!

I have heard that the club are not ruling out any ideas we suggest! So lets get any suggestions on this thread! What can the club do for us?

Surfers, 3/4 flags at front of stands, song sheets, music change pre match, announcer to wind up the Ateyo ect, ball boys hold onto the ball? Red and white nights?

Let's make AG a massive advantage!

FORZA REVOLUTION

It really will be interesting to see if the club do anything differently next Tuesday on matchday? Or our enthusiasm is mentioned in the program/ DL's blog?

Early doors I know but I think this has raised awareness! I also feel that we are all finding an identity now. Obviously some had concerns

originally and many wonder if anything will still happen but it is all coming together and all parties from all around the ground seem to be starting

to fight for the same cause! I really want to feel so passion at AG again next week, and I have a feeling I am going to!

FORZA REVOLUTION

Guest lanerr95

It really will be interesting to see if the club do anything differently next Tuesday on matchday?

Hopefully things are improved and the club have done a bit :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Change the guy on the announcer! I just find him very dull. Its Crystal palace and Bristol city zzzzzz( just incase your wondering, this isn't DaveL)

I believe that is Tim Shires, Elfmud of this forum.

I think he's fine and does a good job.

A promising update from Dave L on the EE restrictions:

The Wedlock Stand has traditionally been a hotbed of support at Ashton Gate. In recent years we have felt it necessary to restrict access to that stand, following security problems. The game against Crystal Palace gives us an opportunity to experiment with lifting those restrictions. For this game we are giving Season Card holders in the East End - and in all other parts of the ground - the opportunity to bring as many friends as they like for just £10. Season Card holders in the East End have been telling us for a while that they would like the opportunity to bring a friend to an occasional game without having to pay for a membership, and now they can - and their friends only have to pay a tenner. We will need to know names and addresses for anyone buying a ticket - this will apply to all stands, and not just the Wedlock.

Going forward, we are anxious to remove as many barriers as possible to people buying a ticket to watch Bristol City, but in this case it may well be a case of evolution rather than revolution. We have to meet with the Safety Authorities before we can confirm arrangements for the rest of the season, so for the time being we will look at things on a match by match basis. It's fair to say that the arrangements for the Blackpool and Barnsley games may well be different for those against Cardiff and West Ham. Watch this space for more details.

Reading between the lines, if everything goes well against palace, it will help our case for having the EE restrictions removed...

So, it goes without saying that everyone needs to behave.....

There is also no harm in still putting pressure on the club to remove restrictions - the petition only has 120 signatures at the moment.

If we can get as many signatures on the petition, as well as a successful night against palace - we might get closer to what we want.

please sign

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/forza-revolution/signatures

ps Well done to those working behind the scenes to get these restrictions removed. We are getting there!

I also go on to say:

A vibrant East End can only be good for the atmosphere inside the stadium, but it's one of four stands in the ground, and it's important that other supporters come to the party as well.

The full blog can be read here: http://www.bcfc.co.u...2605499,00.html

indeed the other 3 stands need some love but its hard with results and our current postion

It will be a better atmosphere on Tuesday anyway, it is a night game and they always produce a better atmosphere (Reading - this & last season/Portsmouth - last season etc, etc).

The test will be on a wet & cold saturday against Barnsley or similiar opposition, when we are not playing well.

BCAGFC

"We will need to know names and addresses for anyone buying a ticket - this will apply to all stands, and not just the Wedlock" - from DaveL

How many other clubs do this??

I watched Bournemouth for a year or two whilst living there and no-one cared if I was Jack the Ripper!

I recently went to a Stoke City home game.

Go to office - buy ticket.

No "where do you live and whats your name".

I can't believe that the club still don't see that this is the biggest pain in the buttocks going.

We aren't children, so surely we can buy a ticket without giving our girth measurement.

A lot of people, and I mean a lot, don't go (I'm a Bedminster Down lad) because of the stupid "big brother" crap that goes on.

Its a game of football, not an atomic missile convention.

We have security (To*sers) and Police.

Why the draconian BS?

Its 2012 FFS - even the 3rd world is experiencing democracy and freedom - yet in good ol' Brissle we are treated like its central Mogadishu.

DaveL - over to you - but surely anyone should be able to buy a ticket without the Gestapo interrogation? :englandflag:

Read in the context its written it sounds like they want name and adresses for future sales purposes rather than security.

Also its a shame that the restrictions have to stay in place for our biggest games when we need the best atmosphere.

Also its a shame that the restrictions have to stay in place for our biggest games when we need the best atmosphere.

Agree, but the cynic in me feels thats because the club know those games will sale well regardless of the restrictions imposed.

Crap attendance=poor revenue = drop restrictions, "well done all come to the gate" attitude

Good attendance = good revenue = bring back restrictions and "up yours, Ateyo or tough luck" attitude

Well, we made it onto the BCFC website, SUPERB! Thanks to everyone who has got behind this idea including David Lloyd and has posted positive feedback!David L says that the atmosphere on Tues will be better because it's a night game, but I reckon it will be better because we have all realised that it is time to stand and be counted! I am glad that I bemoaned the match day atmosphere at Ashton Gate last week because it seems to have shaken things up and everyone is thinking about making an effort again!

Firstly, this is a Revolution! We all know that a matchday atmosphere has become stale and we want that to change.

It seems many of us supporters are now at the stage where they want to do something about it! Bristol City supporters are full of pride, passion and belief and the time has come to show our players, everybody at BCFC and anyone who visits the gate, that nobody is as passionate as us! I know David Lloyd says that everybody involved at BCFC form part of one club, but I am sorry, NOBODY loves Bristol City as much as us supporters! In my entire life time as a Bristol City supporter every single game has been an away game for me, whether it be at AG or away from home! We all spend incredible amounts of money & make huge sacrifices for our club and it is time to stand up and show it!

We all spend the week thinking about our club, We all check the website and the forum everyday, We all have our weeks ruined if City lose a match on a Saturday, We all skimp on other parts of our lives to watch our beloved club! Why?... because were Bristol City and we always believe -FORZA REVOLUTION - GET BEHIND OUR TEAM

Whatever happens in the EE the club should NEVER allow away fans to be in the block directly behind the goal.

One of the most prominent positions in the ground where they not only have maximum acoustics and visibility but can abuse our keeper for half the game.

Shove the away fans out of sight into the corner as far as possible and stop giving the opposition the advantage of playing directly towards their own fans.

As well as increasing numbers allowed in, City fans must be allowed to occupy this prime position which was always where the most vocal East Enders traditionally gathered..

Talking about flags, and the match against Hull tomorrow reminded me, whatever happened to our Wembley banner? The one which was 'flown' by the helium balloon thing? If it was flown at Wembley then I can't see why it couldn't be displayed here as it must pass all the regulations.

I do realise our huge surfer flag is restricted by the council not the club, maybe the club could reapply to the council to see if they would lift the restrictions as maybe we haven't asked since we've been a non smoking stadium, which was ages ago? And the flag would melt in on itself not burn anyway as it is made from hot air balloon material.

Talking about flags, and the match against Hull tomorrow reminded me, whatever happened to our Wembley banner? The one which was 'flown' by the helium balloon thing? If it was flown at Wembley then I can't see why it couldn't be displayed here as it must pass all the regulations.

I do realise our huge surfer flag is restricted by the council not the club, maybe the club could reapply to the council to see if they would lift the restrictions as maybe we haven't asked since we've been a non smoking stadium, which was ages ago? And the flag would melt in on itself not burn anyway as it is made from hot air balloon material.

Its hanging in the hirerite building, has been there a while. :)

Guest Cliftonville
absolutely love this, inspirational! i've always loved the east end, but i do feel that this season and last, it has lost its edge. it definitely needs to be opened to all fans, and treated like any other stand. the restricitons set on this stand is unfair when you compare it to other stands. the amount of trouble in the ee is minimal at most, so there really is no reason for them to still be in place the surfer flag sounds like a good idea. the flags at the bottom of the stand look good when the team comes out, but we need something that is going to give the whole day a boost. if it were me, i would have the away fans in the atyeo. imagine looking from the atyeo towards the east end as an away and just seeing just a massive wall of noise glaring back at you. would be so daunting, but hey, will never happen. its what dreams are made of. rip the seats out as well, and we're good to go! my main concern however is this. i always find that when we play the bigger teams with a sold out following, the atmosphere is so much better in the east end. is it because theyve brought so many? or is it actually because they have squashed so much in the corner that we are all together, rather than every other away game when we are ridiculously spread out. what is really ******* frustrating me, and its weird how no one has mentioned it, is this almost division between groups of fans in the east end, which seems to disappear when we are all packed in the corner. youve got the group that goes by the segregation, who apparently sing 'to fast' and youve got a group in the corner at the back who have for no reason started singing much slower than everyone else?! now i might be mistaken, but the last time i checked we were not a ******* choir! and its pathetic when people in the corner are singing 'slow it down'. its almost as though they are singing slower to make some sort of point? we have got to be the only club in the country who argue amongst ourselves about how fast or slow we are singing songs. who gives a ******* shit! the sooner it stops the better because it is breaking up the atmosphere and momentum of the support, and in the end people just wont be bothered to sing. BCFC. EAST END REVOLUTION! :city::englandsmile4wf:
Songs should start off slow mate then build. Thats how you do it. Thats how you allow people to latch onto it. Know or remember AP? He could run a masterclass on how to work a crowd. Huge S-L-O-W exagertated voice at the start to lett all know then bang. Thats the style for decades. Weird thing is kids at other clubs also sing fast, seems to be a new thinng

Songs should start off slow mate then build. Thats how you do it. Thats how you allow people to latch onto it. Know or remember AP? He could run a masterclass on how to work a crowd. Huge S-L-O-W exagertated voice at the start to lett all know then bang. Thats the style for decades. Weird thing is kids at other clubs also sing fast, seems to be a new thinng

So true. It's far more likely to spread if it's going slow. Sometimes drink up thy cider is over in a couple of seconds. Need some loud guys to direct everyone slowly.

I agree, but our other 3 stands are to join in?? i hope.

I really do hope all 4 stands take part on Tuesday, time has come to start the Revolution! We need to make sure we show that this is not just hype! We need to get behind our cub! This will take time, Rome was not built in a day, but lets give them everything we can give them on Tuesday...vocal support!

How about everybody around the round takes a scarf and either waves or hold it up before or during the match?

Won't cost us anything but would look great if all 4 stands do it? Everyone up for this?

FORZA REVOLUTION

Right, lets do this then. If we ask everyone who use's this board (includung the ones who just view it) to throw in a couple of ££'s we could surely make at least a grand?

I've been in conversation with the Community Trust about doing a similar event to the one I did for Help For Heroes where I ran from Ashton Gate to Home Park in 7 days (127 miles). My thoughts over recent days has been, well, why not do something for 2 great causes. If I can do something similar I can split the profits 50/50 between the Community Trust and The Supporters Trust (£8,000 was raised last time I believe) with the understand from the Supporters Trust the the money is used for the surfer flags and projects within the ground!!!

My thought process was, and please throw some ideas at me, that I could think of some challenges and the fans and players could vote on which one I do.

It needs to be do-able, maybe a run from one home game to an away game? At one point I was thinking about kayaking the English Channel, Bristol to London via running and cannoe from a home game in time to make it to an away fixture.......

Let me know your thoughts... I was going to do it again anyway, but If I can help 2 causes then lets do it!!!!!!! I must be mad doing this again.

In the meantime can we not put a link to the Supporters Trust paypal account so we can start donating? Maybe a new thread so it doesnt get lost in this one?

For those of you who missed it last time.... I'm a man of my word and here I am running from Ashton Gate to Home Park (game Gary got sacked) in 7 days...... LETS DO THIS... COYR'S

P.S - Maybe everyone who texts in to Geoff put "Forza Relolutuon" at the end of their texts... surely Geoff will question it...

You are a great person £5 from me all day long.

GREAT WORK BADGER! thank you for getting behind this! Because I thought it would be great to get some instant impact regarding (Forza revolution) show people we are serious. I thought we could try and get everyone at AG vs palace to take scarves and possibly get the club to promote this on the website? Would mean us all emailling David lloyd and the club ect behind it but it may work! Limited internet access this weekend!

Everyone up for it? p.s emailling Geoff T post match and advertising FORZA REVOLUTION is a spuerb idea lets get behind it

FORZA REVOLUTION

Right, lets do this then. If we ask everyone who use's this board (includung the ones who just view it) to throw in a couple of ££'s we could surely make at least a grand?

I've been in conversation with the Community Trust about doing a similar event to the one I did for Help For Heroes where I ran from Ashton Gate to Home Park in 7 days (127 miles). My thoughts over recent days has been, well, why not do something for 2 great causes. If I can do something similar I can split the profits 50/50 between the Community Trust and The Supporters Trust (£8,000 was raised last time I believe) with the understand from the Supporters Trust the the money is used for the surfer flags and projects within the ground!!!

My thought process was, and please throw some ideas at me, that I could think of some challenges and the fans and players could vote on which one I do.

It needs to be do-able, maybe a run from one home game to an away game? At one point I was thinking about kayaking the English Channel, Bristol to London via running and cannoe from a home game in time to make it to an away fixture.......

Let me know your thoughts... I was going to do it again anyway, but If I can help 2 causes then lets do it!!!!!!! I must be mad doing this again.

In the meantime can we not put a link to the Supporters Trust paypal account so we can start donating? Maybe a new thread so it doesnt get lost in this one?

For those of you who missed it last time.... I'm a man of my word and here I am running from Ashton Gate to Home Park (game Gary got sacked) in 7 days...... LETS DO THIS... COYR'S

P.S - Maybe everyone who texts in to Geoff put "Forza Relolutuon" at the end of their texts... surely Geoff will question it...

That is some gesture.

Simpler this.

Its is possible to get from Bristol to Reading using waterways - Avon and Kennet and avon canal. Then onto London.

Just watching Blackpool v Pompey, notice alot of Portsmouth fans in fancy dress having a cracking time. Maybe we could choose a game for fans to come in fancy dress? Would be a good laugh in the EE with inflatables and that! (For the fans that would want to of course)

Obviously we are all down following recent results, we all knew before we started this that we were in a relegation battle!

We are struggling for results but are we going to stop supporting the team? No

I know it is hard to get behind our boys at the moment but I am still proud to be a city fan and will get behind them until the end!

What happened to City till we die? Ashton Gate is our home and will be a fortress!

Keep suggesting ideas and get behind Bristol City football club! Players come and go but us supporters remain!

Lets do our part and hope the club do the same!

FORZA REVOLUTION - CITY TILL WE DIE

Archived