IGNORED

Stead's Recent Tweet

kmpowell

Guest bywaterred

I know I'm not one to comment on twitter behaviour... But!

I do think that's a bit of a silly thing to do. Del wouldn't think much of it.

Seemed to give 110% early doors...some superb performances where he just never stopped running, then sadly, very, very average. Looking at his career, seems to be a similar pattern, so IMO no real loss. I personally wont miss him one bit.

Don't see anything wrong with his tweet to be honest.

Not criticising the club or management, just expressing his eagerness in wanting to play and help out the club. Shows his passion.

Of course he's criticising the management, they're the ones keeping him on the bench. Silly tweet considering the position we're in.

Guest chinnock

Don't blame him, Brett Pitman is probably thinking the same... 4-5-1 (Its not 4-3-3) isn't working, clearly, so give two up top a go...

Feel really confused, Del is always saying were too open when we play 442 so what is a 3:0 score line? We are losing regularly playing the more tight 433....

Don't see why we cannot try for a few games if we still loose we have not lost anyway as were losing anyway!!!!

Feel really confused, Del is always saying were too open when we play 442 so what is a 3:0 score line? We are losing regularly playing the more tight 433....

Don't see why we cannot try for a few games if we still loose we have not lost anyway as were losing anyway!!!!

Totally agree.

My view is that if we are going to lose, which we are almost very game at the moment without scoring, we may aswell lose trying to score goals and trying to be positive!!!

I know some are dead set against 4-4-2 but it can't get much worse can it?

Don't blame Stead for his tweet either, he has every right to be frustrated and it wasn't exactly malicious - if you look at his tweets since he goes on to say he will continue to knuckle down and work hard in training.

Guest Red Eyed Monster

The problem with his comments are the line where he says

'my patience running thin'.

So what are you saying Jon? I'm sure Brett feels exactly the same but he isn't going public with his frustrations, or coming out with veiled threats?

Either prove yourself worthy of a place and take the chances as they come along, or respect Dels decisions.

FML? Being paid thousands a week to watch us from the bench. Yeah I'd hate that kind of life. Perhaps he'd like to swap with one of us for a while, see how people in the real world live!

Why not say this to the manager?, no put it on twitter, hope the manager says my office don't sit down and smacks him in the mouth.

Lightweight, lanky streak of piss who doesn't score enough and has flattered to deceive at every club he's been at.

Byyyyeeee

Exactly my thoughts.

For starters cant trap a ball to save his life.! Everytime the ball goes towards him at speed he tries to control the thing which ends up 2-3 yards away from him.

• Admin

But your point has nothing to do with what stead tweeted about. He a professional frustrated not to be playing in a side who can't buy a goal at the moment and I understand where's he's at!

I think it's a good think he's pissed off he's not playing . Beats him just sitting back without a care in the world picking up his wages.

He'd be in my side...

Sorry, I'm happy that he wishes he could do more to help the cause, I'm just saying he could swap with me for a while if he likes :)

Surprised at some of the criticism around Stead's ability. My main issue with him is that he has been too injury prone and not been fit / available often enough. Whenever he has got himself match fit and had a run of games, he has always looked a very good footballer to me. He has never really been an out and out goalscorer, more a support striker really who chips in with a few goals. He has far more quality about him than a lot of our squad, his movement off the ball, willingness to run the channels and ability to bring others into the game is very good.

He came on with Pitman at Coventry after returning from injury and I thought he looked excellent, I fully expected him to be involved a bit more thereafter but much to my surprise he was dropped completely.

Lets be honest here - he can do no worse than the other forwards we have can he. I would like to see him and Pitman starting on Tuesday.

Yet another of the lightweight underperforming, overrated show ponies this club is chock bloody full of, never rated him, hes never set the skies alight CONSISTENTLY at any of his clubs, hope he goes in the summer.

Del boy has such a huge job on his hands a) keeping us up, and b) getting a decent team out of the cows arse it currently is. He'll need all the support he can get with comments like Stead's

IT JUST SHOW'S HE WANT'S TO PLAY AND HELP THE CAUSE,,, WHAT WRONG THAT THE MIND BOGGLES :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

I like Stead he is a good player and I certainly think he likes it here...He must be furious as Pitman is that he is not getting a sniff and now I see Jason Scotland is being touted around..

Yes the manager has a right to be peeved about the tweet but it does show the guy is chomping at the bit to play and we need that right now!

Yet another of the lightweight underperforming, overrated show ponies this club is chock bloody full of, never rated him, hes never set the skies alight CONSISTENTLY at any of his clubs, hope he goes in the summer.

Del boy has such a huge job on his hands a) keeping us up, and b) getting a decent team out of the cows arse it currently is. He'll need all the support he can get with comments like Stead's

I agree with that.

What makes me worry is, if Stead's comfortable sharing these thoughts with everybody whose prepared to read them, what sort of stirring is going on in private.

Someone said earlier, worrying times indeed.

I think there is a fine line between 'chomping at the bit' and being so hacked off you are past giving a damn. It's hard to judge ths from 1 frustrated Tweet made in the heat of the moment.Time will tell...

The poor lads "patience is wearing thin". His wallet isn't.

There's probably a very good reason why he's bench warming at best and I would suggest that he ask the manager what that reason is, rather than whinging on a social networking site like a kid.

He may not like the answer although I would think he already knows it and has probably been told in no uncertain terms.

Wood coming in should be an indicator.

What the **** has it got to do with his wallet? At least he wants to play FFS. Whinging like a kid? Why? Because it's on Twitter? I guess you are old. Get used to it, it's the way the world is and it will clearly only get bigger (social networking etc).

Players couldn't speak as publicly years ago because the format wasn't there and life was much different - i get that but times change.

It wasn't exactly malicious, I've said much worse myself after a shitty day at the office.

I think he is a very good player, makes clever runs., uses the channels well which should make space for others but unfortunatly our midfield get a nosebleed if they enter the box....

He seems a good professional and i would rather hear him moan about not playing than see players such as Nicky Hunt driving around in his bently seemingly happy picking up his wages for doing naff all when he was with us.

He always seems to give 100% when i have seen him play.

I dont think theres a problem - it must be very frustrating.

I dont think what he gets paid is relevant. At least he wants to earn his wage instead of just sitting on the bench.

Right attitude in my opinion.

I see he's apologised for his original tweet.

Says it all really.

Shit, I've only got one slipper on.

He's probabaly been forced to apologise and has been disciplined by the club for making public his frustration.

His frustration is only natural.

Archived