IGNORED

City Say 'no', The Gas Say 'yes' To Your Son.

Br 1st ol

Thanks for all the advice yesterday about going to sydney ....i did not go.....

chance of a life time yes, but this now leaves the way clear for a longer trip with the chaps to Portugal next year...planning ahead you see.

So now for todays Daily Dilemma:

Your 16 year old son has trials with City.

City say No.

Your son has trials with the Gas.

The Gas say Yes and offer a 2 year contract.

What do you do?

Irrespective of what your allegiance is you need to do what is best for your son.

Advise him to sign for Rovers and hope that he does so well that City will want sign him at a later date. This means he will also pick up a signing on fee.

Agree that you must advise your son that he must take the oportunity that Rovers are giving him.

My nephew recently got down to the last 18 in trials at Plymouth and they finally chose 8 and he was not one of them. He said he was pleased as he hates Plymouth and after I sat him down and explained that this was not the attitude and he should be disappointed he realised what a big thing he missed.

MM

Does the name Marcus Stewart ring a bell?

Once in a lifetime oppurtunity, but at the end of the day it's up to your son, you can only advise him. I know I wouldn't have to think twice though, even if it is the Gas.

I would let your son make the dicision it is his future and up to him but if he wants to play football although City has a good academy I wouldn't turn down the gas if City said NO. To play professional for anyone has to be fairly good

I would tell him that IF he signed, then he wouldn't be watched by his father and he would have to leave the glorious surroundings of South Bristol and find digs in the desolate spartan land that is north of the river.!!

Hypothetical answer as my lad would never consider becoming a blue nose

My son naturally hates the gas and like me feels their shirt is an abomination.

However, i would suggest to him that he accepts their money for a couple of years in the certain knowledge that he would get the opportunity to ecstatically smash in an own goal to consign the blighters to the Conference. :rolleyes: :how funny:

Archived