IGNORED

Idea To Help Us Stay Up Del..?

PFree

Just a thought but our shots on target stat is usually alarming low, we aren't great at the back but why keep with 451, let's go for 442 and have Stead as the big man with an other up front whether Pitman or Wood...

We spend far too much time playing football where we don't hurt sides and far too little time in or around their box where it hurts?

New rules..

As soon as we get into the final third, DON'T try and beat two or three players...get the ball into the box, in or around the penalty spot!

When you get sight of goal and if you don't have a good passing option, SHOOT!!!

Sounds pretty basic but when we get into the final third we seldom get a cross in and most'y fail to shoot??

If our shots on target ration increasing multiply, surely we'll score more goals?

We have the worst goal average in the Championship Del, so attack is most certainly the best defence of all??

Thoughts?

Part of our problem has been a shot shy/goal shy midfield. Neither Skuse Ellioitt Pearson Killkenny score anywhere near enough goals and the only one that weighed in with the odd goal from midfield is Albert.

Couple this with we cant get a defender to chip in with a set peice header and our forwards consists of Wood who has scored half as many goals as Pitman since arriving having played 5x the minutes, you can only come to the conclusion we not only dont shoot we almost to a man can't. The stats dont lie!

However the shoot onsite order may not be a bad idea if we can teach players to follow in, as we rarely get goals from loose second ball. Davis could help in this scenario and playing Pitman with Stead in the front with the standing order chase down anything going toward goal we may just be able to find the goal that kick starts our season!

As I said in another post, I have come to terms with relegation and am no longer suffering the gut wrenching stomach churning everytime we walk out on the field, nevertheless I believe kick starting our season is only a scuffy goal away..The BIG but is we are less likely to get that scruffy goal with one up front and to play the game like this WHILE SHIPPING DOZENS of goals is utter madness.

I can see 451 if it makes us solid and hard to score against...But it doesnt it gaurantees the ball is coming back quickly on a mediocre backline with little intervention (bar Cissee) from the midfield!!

But hang on a minute, we are playing an attacking 433!!!!!??!!!! B@llox!!

451 and negative as f£&k.

The biggest thing i wana see is the return of some effort. Chasing teams down, getting stuck in, not giving anyone any time on the ball. This, IMO is our biggest failing in the last month or two. Lazy, going through the motions is what we are seeing.

We are an easy touch. We arent nasty, we basically have a team of slouches, a team who have no desire to make tackles, make blocks, get stuck in.

I know we are goal shy but i truely believe more of all of the above will lead to creating a better atmosphere (cos it will atleast show the fans theyre trying!) which in turn will instantly make us harder to beat.

We are so easy to play against, home or away.

Come on Del, pick 11 players who are going to be up for 12 more battles.

But hang on a minute, we are playing an attacking 433!!!!!??!!!! B@llox!!

451 and negative as f£&k.

The biggest thing i wana see is the return of some effort. Chasing teams down, getting stuck in, not giving anyone any time on the ball. This, IMO is our biggest failing in the last month or two. Lazy, going through the motions is what we are seeing.

We are an easy touch. We arent nasty, we basically have a team of slouches, a team who have no desire to make tackles, make blocks, get stuck in.

I know we are goal shy but i truely believe more of all of the above will lead to creating a better atmosphere (cos it will atleast show the fans theyre trying!) which in turn will instantly make us harder to beat.

We are so easy to play against, home or away.

Come on Del, pick 11 players who are going to be up for 12 more battles.

Couldn't agree more, distinctly remember Joe Royal the then Everton Manager coming up with a "Dogs of War" mantra when they were going through a sticky patch. It really is do or die now and a bit of fight rather than the current effort which resembles a roll over and tickle my belly, is long overdue.

Just a thought but our shots on target stat is usually alarming low, we aren't great at the back but why keep with 451, let's go for 442 and have Stead as the big man with an other up front whether Pitman or Wood...

We spend far too much time playing football where we don't hurt sides and far too little time in or around their box where it hurts?

New rules..

As soon as we get into the final third, DON'T try and beat two or three players...get the ball into the box, in or around the penalty spot!

When you get sight of goal and if you don't have a good passing option, SHOOT!!!

Sounds pretty basic but when we get into the final third we seldom get a cross in and most'y fail to shoot??

If our shots on target ration increasing multiply, surely we'll score more goals?

We have the worst goal average in the Championship Del, so attack is most certainly the best defence of all??

Thoughts?

Agree with what yo're saying,

Mr McInnes said previously that he feels 4-5-1 is the best suited formation for the predicament we are in.

I think he said we were too open and easy to play against when lining up 4-4-2.

Well, recent results suggest otherwise, and, as it stands, we will be relegated, without a whimper.

By playing two up front, we can't do any worse than we are at the moment.

The time to do, or die has arrived.

Archived