IGNORED

Black V. Davidson.. If They Are On Dels Radar - Then...

Guest Ricardo 'Livi' Red

Guest Ricardo 'Livi' Red

Ian Black it has to be.

Took in the game at Gorgie yesterday and Black stood out.

Top half of SPL is Championship standard and if Black is on Dels list then he will be a great addition.

But I reckon many teams will be looking at him.

Also Skacel looks handy and he may want away..?

Ian Black it has to be.

Top half of SPL is Championship standard and if Black is on Dels list then he will be a great addition.

Skacel is 32 and probably on a decent wage.

The other two - if they're good enough quality, maybe would be more achievable.

Guest Ricardo 'Livi' Red

According to my Jambo pals, Black is the most fouled (on) player in SPL...

And does have a tendency to react..

Very combatative and creative...

But I reckon Del will head back to Saints for Davidson, and while he has potential (Gers wanted him)..

Jody Morris heading to Chelsea as coach..?

Ian Black it has to be.

Top two. Rest is lower league one.

Guest Ricardo 'Livi' Red

Nope, actually Hearts, Dundee Utd and Motherwell could defo hold their own in Champ.

Guest Ricardo 'Livi' Red

Black is a horrible, horrible midfielder. Should be awarded a red card before each game to safe-guard everyone else against his horrendous tackling. Actually not a bad player generally, but he needs to reign himself in a bit to make a meaningful step forward in his career.

He is defo a marked man up here.. Old firm crowds hate him... His tussles with Scott Brown are classics..

Steel in midfield is just what is needed.

He is defo a marked man up here.. Old firm crowds hate him... His tussles with Scott Brown are classics..

Steel in midfield is just what is needed.

Got plenty of steel it is the creativity which is lacking.

Nope, actually Hearts, Dundee Utd and Motherwell could defo hold their own in Champ.

These kind of statements are effectively pointless, they're opinions, fine, but no-body knows for sure. What we do know though is that good players can come from anywhere, so to write someone off because of the league/team they come from is stupid, players should be judged on their ability, not the supposed ability of their league or club.

These kind of statements are effectively pointless, they're opinions, fine, but no-body knows for sure. What we do know though is that good players can come from anywhere, so to write someone off because of the league/team they come from is stupid, players should be judged on their ability, not the supposed ability of their league or club.

Who's writing players off?

It's about getting the right type of player to compliment our other midfielders already on the books.

I will be surprised if we get either Davidson or Black TBH unless some of our contracted players are on their way out?!?!

Davidson looks box to box to me and we've already got both Skuse and Marv for this role.

Likewise Black who simply looks lke another Kilkenny - a deep sitting playmaker. This Black is 27 and yet to pick up his first Scottish cap. From what ive saw of him he's neat & tidy (like Ricky Foster) and not alot else. 2 goals and 4 assists not great at all.

IMO we need a true attacking player like Hoolihan (for example). Maybe Templeton can play in the centre?

Who's writing players off?

I was making the point that to say SPL sides are comparable with championship/League one clubs is impossible, it's like saying ''Valencia are better than Tottenham'' ... Who knows how each would do in the others league.

There have been a lot of posts on here in other threads saying that 'we don't want' certain players because they're Scottish or whatever, not accusing you personally, or anyone, just making the point that a good player can come from anywhere.

Easily.

The "championship" is vastly hyped up.

Lots of money with some clubs and there's the parachute payments etc, but the football is mostly crap with a few exceptions from a few teams - we aint one of them.

I've watched a fair bit of Hearts because of family connections and I disagree.

Scotch football is all in the air, even the top two can't bring the ball out of defence most of the time. It's uniformly hoofed from defence up the line for position and then crossed.

There are direct teams in the Championship make no mistake but they're not the majority and they tend to play direct to a link man on the break, not by default.

Celtic and Rangers would compete in the Championship but the rest IMO would not.

Guest Bugben43

Black is a horrible, horrible midfielder. Should be awarded a red card before each game to safe-guard everyone else against his horrendous tackling. Actually not a bad player generally, but he needs to reign himself in a bit to make a meaningful step forward in his career.

• Admin

Even if the standard is League 1, Adomah was from League 2 (Yala a similar standard - left as his club went down to that level?) so it's quite possible for some unpolished gems to be found up there.

Guest Ricardo 'Livi' Red

Even if the standard is League 1, Adomah was from League 2 (Yala a similar standard - left as his club went down to that level?) so it's quite possible for some unpolished gems to be found up there.

Totally agree.. If Del has his sights set on a few signings from up here, then you are right there are certainly a few gems that will make it South of the border..

Cardiff did it and there will be a few clubs looking to the Scottish Leagues..

Guest Ricardo 'Livi' Red

Totally agree.. If Del has his sights set on a few signings from up here, then you are right there are certainly a few gems that will make it South of the border..

Cardiff did it and there will be a few clubs looking to the Scottish Leagues..

My fear is that many Championship clubs will be looking to offer the likes of Dixon/Black contracts and not sure if we can offer same deals as Derby - Leicester etc..

But we do have Del and Doc..

Guest GersLads32

Morning all!

Thought I'd pop over to my favourite English team's forum! Ha!

Seen this thread and as its Scottish players being talked about i thought id throw my 2 pennies worth in.

Go Davidson!! Hes a class act and is so much more than a box to box midfielder.

But also, you might want to have a look at Fraser Fyvie. Only 19 and next year is the season this kid will shine. Ive seen a lot of kid play at Ibrox, but this kid tops them all! A real talent. and probably available for around 600K to 1M

Morning all!

Thought I'd pop over to my favourite English team's forum! Ha!

Seen this thread and as its Scottish players being talked about i thought id throw my 2 pennies worth in.

Go Davidson!! Hes a class act and is so much more than a box to box midfielder.

But also, you might want to have a look at Fraser Fyvie. Only 19 and next year is the season this kid will shine. Ive seen a lot of kid play at Ibrox, but this kid tops them all! A real talent. and probably available for around 600K to 1M

Sounds fishy to me. I know you've got financial problems, but if he's the best kid you've seen at Rangers, why would you suggest selling him. You never know, someone important might be reading this forum.

Sounds fishy to me. I know you've got financial problems, but if he's the best kid you've seen at Rangers, why would you suggest selling him. You never know, someone important might be reading this forum.

While it isn't clear from his post, Fyvie plays for Aberdeen. I think he's just saying e's looked good when he's played down at Ibrox

Guest Ashton1

The Premier League and champinship is littered with quality Scottish players, SPL teams may struggle down here but doesn't mean to say individuals would!

Elliott can't pass a ball further than 5 yards, full of energy but nothing else. He's one of the ones that should be offloaded - but apparently he's an "important player for us" according to the manager. Anyone who can pass a ball is an improvement for me.

Skuse flatters to deceive. A good end to the season, but I've seen it all before from him - he just doesn't do enough for a player of his undoubted quality.

We need a couple of decent central midfielders as we don't have any of any decent quality and consistency.

I always feel the difference between Managers/coaches and the average fan is that M/C's look for the positive in every player, trying to ascertain how that can be utilised within the squad, while fans focus on the negatives and what players can't do. There are very few players that can do everything required so a team and a squad has to be assembled that can cover all requirements. When D.Mc says that Elliott is a vital member of the squad I am sure he is thinking of those games on a soggy pitch on a wet Tuesday night when 100% effort, fitness and determination will be more valuable than a quick one two or a slide rule pass. I would hope the latter is on the shopping list for the games where those attributes are required.

As for Skuse I think it's interesting, as others have pointed out elsewhere, that his game has appeared to have developed under another (ex)midfield player who knows what he wants to see from the player and can get him to play that way. Lets see what CS looks like in the first 10 games next season then make a judgment.

Guest GersLads32

I do apoligise. I didn't explain he plays for Aberdeen. I know a number of clubs have been looking at him, and it seems Aberdeen are willing to cash in for the right price.

I do apoligise. I didn't explain he plays for Aberdeen. I know a number of clubs have been looking at him, and it seems Aberdeen are willing to cash in for the right price.

What's the latest on your lot now mate?? The american guy going to get the ok to buy the club?

Guest GersLads32

What's the latest on your lot now mate?? The american guy going to get the ok to buy the club?

I certainly hope so! Liquidation would be a disaster! I just think its a shite situation all in all. but there you go ha!

I do enjoy popping on here every now and then, and got a little bit of joy when you guys stayed up. Really hope you get playoffs next season. (Not automatic promotion...looks very strong next year with the teams coming up and down.)

I always love the transfer speculation on here too! I don't mind throwing my 2 pennies worth in!

Guest GersLads32

I certainly hope so! Liquidation would be a disaster! I just think its a shite situation all in all. but there you go ha!

I do enjoy popping on here every now and then, and got a little bit of joy when you guys stayed up. Really hope you get playoffs next season. (Not automatic promotion...looks very strong next year with the teams coming up and down.)

I always love the transfer speculation on here too! I don't mind throwing my 2 pennies worth in!

Oh brilliant!! so Mr.Miller pulls out!

Oh brilliant!! so Mr.Miller pulls out!

Just read that on BBC. Seems like your financial problems are worse than the Administrators first said.

I hope for the fans sake the club manages to pull through and not go into liquidation as that would be a shame for a club with such history (or any club for that matter).

name='The Jock' timestamp='1336565926' post='1564845']

Black is a play maker,who can play killer balls.He also has a bit off needle about him.And gets stuck into tackles and wins the ball.Davidson plays box to box,as St Johnstone struggle from goals from midfield.He is strong and athletic and tall,and gets around the pitch.He could be turned into a quality holding midfielder.City would do well to sign him.As I think he might even have Wolves back in for him.Or maybe a bottom half EPL club.Davidson was called into the Scotland squad to face Brazil.And I would have him in again,as Darren Fletcher,s temp replacement.If we mould him into the comative defensive midfield player,that I know he can be.

Jock,

This Ian Black is 27 and not got a Scottish cap to his name. Why’s that?

I don’t think he is the type of creative spark we are looking for. Black looks a neat & tidy sitting playmaker to me (only 4/5 assists this season) where I think City need a more of a Wes Hoolihan type (for example). Some who dribbles with pace and can create further up the field. Someone who can complement our current midfielders at the club. Can Templeton play in the middle?

Murray Davidson im not that keen on neither. We have many box to box type players already contracted to the club. What makes him so special? Again like Black he’s not one who scores or creates that many but it seems like not many know his best position//the type of role he should be playing? That worries me for a start.

Scotland has FLETCHER,ADAM,DORRANS,BANNEN,MORRISON,McARTHUR,MALONEY,McFADDEN,who are all EPL midfield players.So Black was never going to get a look in.And guys like Brown,Commons at Celtic are better than him.And guys like Thompson at Boro and even Robson,and Snodgrass and McCormack at Leeds.Barry Ferguson was not scoring at the age off Davidson.How ever the goals came when he was a little older,and got 17 odd a season.Davidson is not a Barry Ferguson,how ever it would help playing with better players.And this is why Rangers tried to sign him with a derisory bid that rightly so was rejected.Davidson has good teqnical ability for a Brit player.He has a good engine,and has decent passing.Maybe not the range off Black,but good none the less.And can only get better,he is only turned 24 or something.

Good information Jock thanks, it's better to hear from someone who has watched players play rather than reading the stats and making bold leaps in interpreting them.

Archived