IGNORED

Morris Or Black...

Guest Ricardo 'Livi' Red

Guest Ricardo 'Livi' Red

Seems these two names get continually linked...

Wouldn't be both...

But IMHO, and having got to know more about both up here, to take Morris over Black would be a shock...

Maybe Black isn't even on the radar, and Morris may come in a coaching capacity..?

To me Dixon and Black would bring so much to Championship... Let's hope it's with us...

Well if del is interested in Morris, maybe it is in the McIntyre role. I would be very surprised to see him signed as anything other than a stop gap measure as a player. And I doubt Morris would move all the way down here for a 1year playing contract.

Guest Ricardo 'Livi' Red

Why a joke..?

Morris could be heading West and Black to one of our rivals.. That would worry me..?

Unless as I said Morris would come as coach..

Likewise with Sandaza and Skacel.. Rudi maybe 32, but far more to him than Sandaza..

But could be that we could end up with no Jocks and some European additions..

Neither both aren't good enough for this league

I'm inclined to agree. Morris is crap, a never hasbeen. As for Black, Scotland have never capped him, and they aren't exactly swimming in midfielders. Bearing in mind too that current boss Levein is an ex-Jambo and selects dross like Andy Webster for his squads!!!!! There seems to be an obcession with mediocre SPL players on here since the Del/Doc appointments. There are some great gems in the SPL, but there are also lots of Ivan Sproules and Alan Gows, players with big Caledonian reputations who fail to thrive in England. Have watched all the SPL clubs on Sky this season and to be honest the standard is generally abysmal.

And the "football" we've been watching for the last 3 seasons or so is better ?

Bollux.

Have you watched the likes of Kilmarnock, Dunfirmline. St Mirren, Aberdeen, etc this season?!! Sub-League One quality. Aberdeen full of free transfers from Plymouth ffs.

Your wasting your time mate.

There are a lot of deluded people on here who think the championship is a cut above.

Its shite in the main, with a few exceptions.

But, as I say, a big dollop of delusion and cockiness makes some feel better about things I suppose. I know what I've been watching for a while now - and its crap.

And the likes of Jody Morris and Ian Black are going to improve on that?!! And you call others deluded!!! City have been crap, no arguments from me, but even we have not served up the crap I have watched from the SPL at times this season.

I watched you play Cardiff,and was less than impressed.Del had more fight in his St Johnstone team.The team that just made Europe.And you rave about this Carey guy to.Was wondering why he is not a holding midfielder?He was one off the few players on display,that I could actually see that could pass it and use the ball.More entertainment watching Dundee Utd,and CMS,Ruscell

Because he has no pace.

We also have Cisse who is a great holding midfielder, as well as Skuse.

I watched you play Cardiff,and was less than impressed.Del had more fight in his St Johnstone team.The team that just made Europe.And you rave about this Carey guy to.Was wondering why he is not a holding midfielder?He was one off the few players on display,that I could actually see that could pass it and use the ball.More entertainment watching Dundee Utd,and CMS,Ruscell

Carey would be a creative midfielder in the SPL if Jody Morris is a 'top flight' player.......

Where did I mention Morris or Black improving City ?

But to be fair, they wouldn't be any worse than the underperforming little darlings we currently have.

As for the football served up by City and other teams in this division - in the main its hyped up crap and nowhere near worth the ticket prices. There are a few exceptions and they'll go up by and large.

Ask McInnes if he thinks the championship is better quality than the SPL. He's very diplomatic, but he's of the same opinion - its kick and rush.

The Championship is 'kick and rush'?? You have just demonstrated definitively that you clearly never watch any SPL football, because their technical director must be John Beck!!!

We don't have Cisse, mores the pity.

Skuse should be regardedas a useful squad member, nothing more than that and the fact he's regarded as something more than that is a pointer to why we aren't progressing.

But we did have Cisse and Skuse, can you deny they would make better defensive midfielders than Carey?

Championship football is, in the main, crap.

It is over hyped and over priced.

I can't put it any more definitively than that.

There are a few teams that are the exception but we aint one of them - nowhere near it. And unless we get some decent quality into the squad we will go down this coming season as the squad we currently have is of league one standard, which is well below the SPL.

Have to agree with this cynic. I got to see city more times than I had expected to on TV at the end of last season, I really couldn't believe how bad they had become and this was when they were on an unbeaten end of season run. I dread to think what they were like when losing every week.

Says little for the teams they were playing against either, they were just as bad.

Mind you it's still a lot better than watching the A league.

Without getting into the SPL v Championship argument which has been done to a death, I'll deal with the 'championship is crap' comment.

1. One of the 5 best supported leagues in Europe.

2. Full of international footballers.

3. Full of players with Premier League experience

Of course City have struggled this year, and the football at Ashton Gate has suffered as a result, but to knock the Championship overall is crazy. Anyone who was at Soton 0 City 1 at the end of last year knows what a great league it is.

Full off internationals what a load off pony..Plenty off players in it have never been capped.Also SPL has plenty off internationals playing in it,even outside Glasgow.

Yes like that Welsh collosus who we signed from SPL giants Motherwell, David Partridge.......case rested!!

Have you watched the likes of Kilmarnock, Dunfirmline. St Mirren, Aberdeen, etc this season?!! Sub-League One quality. Aberdeen full of free transfers from Plymouth ffs.

Think your being a bit naive Andy. The SPL is not a fantastic league by any standards, but it is nowhere near as bad as you seem to think. Teams like Kilmarnock and St Mirren have actually played attractive, positive football this season, so Im not sure why you chose those particular names. Motherwell and Dundee Utd have also played nice stuff too and the league is definitely on the up. Ill give you Aberdeen and Dunfermline though, they're both pish :tongue: .

On the Morris/Black debate, I think yous would be better off with Black. Despite having a reputation as a hardman, hes maybe a bit similar to Joey Barton in that hes quite sly, likes to make late, niggling challenges. That said, he won't often shirk and he actually is very good technically. That part of his game is overlooked a bit. Can be creative and is a terrific passer.

Morris is probably the more creative of the two but he wouldn't give the same edge as Black would, and is on the decline.

Think your being a bit naive Andy. The SPL is not a fantastic league by any standards, but it is nowhere near as bad as you seem to think. Teams like Kilmarnock and St Mirren have actually played attractive, positive football this season, so Im not sure why you chose those particular names. Motherwell and Dundee Utd have also played nice stuff too and the league is definitely on the up. Ill give you Aberdeen and Dunfermline though, they're both pish :tongue: .

On the Morris/Black debate, I think yous would be better off with Black. Despite having a reputation as a hardman, hes maybe a bit similar to Joey Barton in that hes quite sly, likes to make late, niggling challenges. That said, he won't often shirk and he actually is very good technically. That part of his game is overlooked a bit. Can be creative and is a terrific passer.

Morris is probably the more creative of the two but he wouldn't give the same edge as Black would, and is on the decline.

I watch the SPL games when they are on and watch all the televised Premier League, Championship, League 1, League 2 and Irish league games, so my opinion is not based on any blind bias. I admit I follow Rangers so take an interest in the Spl on that basis too.In fairness St Mirren have impressed me more than most in the SPL, and I have said elsewhere that young Paul McGowan has always impressed in partuicular. I am not in any way suggesting that all SPL players are sub-standard, that would be ludicrous. I just think the overall standard is at best the lower end of the Championship/top end of League 1 and it's no surprise that many of the touted stars of the SPL, are ex lower league players/championship players like Commons, Hooper, Lafferty, Randolph, and the dregs at Aberdeen, Folly, Fallon Mawene etc.

What Del/Doc achieved at St Johnstone with limited resources is beyond dispute, but Sandaza didn't set the world on fire at Brighton and Jody Morris' last two clubs south of the border were Rotherham and Millwall and Enckelman was hardly a sucess at Villa/Blackburn and Cardiff. I stand by my view that the notion of shopping for freebies in the Scottish market is not neccesarily the best way to improve on last season's mediocrity, but as has been stated elsewhere, I have to believe that Del knows best and will sign players according to his own criteria.

I am not in any way suggesting that all SPL players are sub-standard, that would be ludicrous. I just think the overall standard is at best the lower end of the Championship/top end of League 1 and it's no surprise that many of the touted stars of the SPL, are ex lower league players/championship players like Commons, Hooper, Lafferty, Randolph, and the dregs at Aberdeen, Folly, Fallon Mawene etc.

With regard to that part, Hooper and Lafferty were still fairly young and still developing when they moved up. Hooper has improved a lot as a player over the season and has been linked with moves to the Premier League, with Southampton I think. Lafferty was, in my opinion, an awful player when he first started at Rangers, but again developed and could probably play for a higher Championship/Lower League Prem team, although some would disagree. Commons isn't really regarded as a star either, he has hardly kicked a ball this past year. But yes, Folly, Fallon and Mawene are awful footballers, don't see them lasting long.

As has been said though, this sort of debate has been done to the death on here so theres no point in arguing it really. We see the Scottish leagues as being better than they are given credit for, some think it is just a generally bad league. In my opinion it is underestimated a bit, but not nearly as good as Jock seems to think.

I'll leave it at that though, cos I know how annoying it is to read people constantly debating something you don't have much interest in.

I don't really care if the SPL is better than the Championship or vica versa, all I care about is BCFC. If the Championship is 'kick and rush' or 'over rated' as Cynic says ( please say something positive about the City), I don't give a crap, I would rather watch the Championship than watch League 1, Over hyped? Don't care TBH, all I care about (football wise) is the City.

If St Mirren, Dundee, St Johnstone etc etc, play nice football, then well done to them but if their players are deemed good enough to play down here and Del wants them, that will do me!

I couldn't give 2 sh1ts what people in Scotland think of our league TBH!

I do appreciate Jock's opinion on players we are linked with (thank you) but we are in the English football league and wether St Mirren are better than Wigan or better than Barnet is of absolutely no consequence IMO.

Archived