IGNORED

Sweden Vs England Match Thread

Brizzle Jordan

• Admin

A small note that I think has gone unmentioned thus far, England sides of the past have been criticised for not all singing the national anthem & I presume Roy is behind the whole team now singing the words.

• Admin

I was trying to say the better nations would pick the better option like finding a team-mate.

Torres had nobody he could play in.

Welbeck might have been an option running from deep but despite his protestations, the route to Carroll was well covered.

For me, its pleasing that we have created 3 pretty decent opportunities to score so far & if Roy calms us down a little at half time I can see us running out 2 or 3 nil winners tonight.

NB this post is written with one hand knocking on my wooden cabinet!

Two technically poor sides. Ibrahimovic is head and shoulders above everyone else. England (Gerrard in particular) do deliver well into the box though. Not a bad performance for me, but I'll be surprised if we get beyond the next round.

I just find it tragic that the BBC commentary obviously think England's goal is a vindication of the old fashioned lump it in the box to the big no 9 method. It might beat Sweden and other average international sides, but it's the reason England will never win anything.

I really hate hearing Lawrenson and his smart alec prattling.

Welbeck might have been an option running from deep but despite his protestations, the route to Carroll was well covered.

For me, its pleasing that we have created 3 pretty decent opportunities to score so far & if Roy calms us down a little at half time I can see us running out 2 or 3 nil winners tonight.

no what you mean

Two technically poor sides. Ibrahimovic is head and shoulders above everyone else. England (Gerrard in particular) do deliver well into the box though. Not a bad performance for me, but I'll be surprised if we get beyond the next round.

I just find it tragic that the BBC commentary obviously think England's goal is a vindication of the old fashioned lump it in the box to the big no 9 method. It might beat Sweden and other average international sides, but it's the reason England will never win anything.

I really hate hearing Lawrenson and his smart alec prattling.

Depends who we get, if we get Croatia I fancy us. Italy and Spain could really batter us though.

Typical England tournament performance, just like all the other tournaments unfortunately.

Ah well, I expected nothing more so only disappointed that it was so predictable - poor old Roy is no different to all the others in that he can't make a silk purse from a sows ear, but he could set the team up a bit better and not play into Swedens hands in the same way as all the other managers before him.

Worst game so far and probably rivals the opening game in terms of lack of quality. Not really worth watching, so off down the pub for a bite to eat and a couple of pints.

You do know that we are winning?

• Admin

Sigh.

That all came from England trying to force the issue by playing a pass down the flank that was never on when plenty of passes infield where possession would have been retained were :(

• Admin

There's no composure about this England team in attack. There's still plenty of time left in this game, why rush or try to force things that aren't on? Things may improve once Rooney is back but I wish we'd start playing more with our heads.

Archived