IGNORED

Dixon Sings For Huddersfield

East end Forever

Opera or pop ?

I'm sure Del knows what he's doing, but I thought Dixon looked a decent player.

tbh I've never heard of him or seen him play as i really don't like Scottish football :laugh: so not bothered about so say losing out on him just saw on Ssn so thought I'd post on here and see wot other people make of it!

If Del was interested, is disappointing to lose out to Huddersfield.

Maybe a case of their wage budget being better than ours now that the club appear to be cutting back.

Let's hope this doesn't lead to Del becoming frustrated with our ability to compete for the quality signings we clearly need to halt the recent decline and progress.

See Lee Wallace is one off the few Rangers players that is not walking away.He is a good young full back,would do well for a championship team.He can play centre half to on the left side.And has plenty off pace,thought he would be away for free.Like so many off the other players.Bocanegra can play left back to.I have not heard that he is leaving for free yet.If it is he is decent,still got a couple off good sesons left in him.And is the captain off the USA.He will probably end up playing back in France though.

:laugh:

For all we know Delboy might have a few players to unveil on the 2nd July, along with Morris.

Window isn't open yet.

Agree with this.

He is 2.5-3 hours closer to home in moving to Huddersfield - something that may have been a factor.

Also we don't know for sure that the agent went to Del to ask if City would better Huddersfield's offer, Del may have decided he's not worth it.

Maybe I'm thinking too positive but I remember following our promotion we got a bit too excited and ended up with a surplus of players.

Better to take time and make sure we get the right one at the right price, there is bound to be other players on Del's radar and there is nothing to say that Dixon ever was.

I've a funny feeling though that the best way for us to get the player we want is to keep it as far away from other club's knowledge as possible, difficult with agents involved.

IF we were in for Dixon, then I would be disappointed. Not just because we hoped Del & Docs good name could be a huge pull to up and coming players north of the border, but as someone stated there has been a few decent LB's g for free if we have been chasing him.

If we are going to spend any cash this window then this is the priority position imo and arguably we need to get two LB's in. Did I see us linked with the Hearts LB somewhere? Maybe he is our main target? ( PS: this isn't an invitation for Jock to give me his inside leg measurements or list why he wouldn't sign for us)

I don't understand how anyone can say "I'm disappointed to have lost out to huddersfield" who are a well established club with a good history and a good manager and that's not even mentioning their facilities and stadium. They like many clubs before them, including us, will have good momentum next season why the hell would he come to us? We are a small club in this league and now donny have been relegated probably the smallest.

I can't see us signing anyone of any significance this summer and well be in for another tough season

We are a small club in this league and now donny have been relegated probably the smallest.

I can't see us signing anyone of any significance this summer and well be in for another tough season

What rubbish. I've always been in the camp that suggests we're a bottom third size club in this division, but are you seriously suggesting we are smaller than any of Peterboro', Millwall, Barnsley or Watford?

If we did want Dixon (and despite rumours only the likes of SL and McInnes will know that) then this doesn't bode well, as Huddersfield are realistic competitors of ours, not an ex Prem club with parachute payments.

Certainly we need 3 more new faces in by the time we go to Scotland to avoid the poor way we've started the last 2 years, let's hope we get them.

I don't understand how anyone can say "I'm disappointed to have lost out to huddersfield" who are a well established club with a good history and a good manager and that's not even mentioning their facilities and stadium. They like many clubs before them, including us, will have good momentum next season why the hell would he come to us? We are a small club in this league and now donny have been relegated probably the smallest.

Pretty negative but true. We are one of the least attractive clubs in the league for new players to sign for.

I was looking at odds the other day and we're third favourites for the drop I think.

That said, let's wait and see what happens in the coming weeks. Plenty of time yet...

Watford are bigger than us, Barnsley could well be but Peterboro are not even close.

It is difficult to accuately determine how one club is bigger than another nowadays. Do you factor turnover, profitability, gate receipts, success, trophies won, length of time in the division, win ratio, stature of players in the squad, size of stadium or a combination of some (or all) of these indicators? Would you say for example Bristol City are a smaller club than Cardiff? Than Wigan? Than Coventry? The debate is a difficult one the accurately assess.

I think that we have been fortunate to be able to compete at this level for the years we have, but if the cutbacks also lead to reductions in the finances available for playing staff, we may struggle to retain even our mediochre Championship club status.

Did I see us linked with the Hearts LB somewhere? Maybe he is our main target? ( PS: this isn't an invitation for Jock to give me his inside leg measurements or list why he wouldn't sign for us)

McGowan is a right back not a left back.So yes I am affraid I do need to correct you.

As much as im aware this is risking getting embroiled in another pointless conversation with you, i asked if we were linked with Hearts LB, not Ryan McGowan. You assumed i meant McGowan.... so therefore i'm afraid (one f) I need to correct you ;-) ..... (cue paragraph of tedious dribble in response)

Having watched McGowan for a full season down at Somerset Park.I think I know what side off the pitch he was playing on thanks.And having watched him play for the jam tarts.McGowan is a good player,and has really good pace.I just hope that he picks Scotland to play for.As both his parents are Scottish.He should have a bright future in the game.How ever he is not a high earner at Hearts.So they will have no rush to get him out the door.Un less a proper bid comes in for him.And not the kind off silly money,that you got Foster for.What was it again £250 000?

Wrong.

He labelled himself as the following.

Main position: Centre Back Secondary positions:

Fullback, left

Fullback, right

Thus I think you need to go watch him for another season.

To further back my claim.

http://www.heartsfc....2241384_2659763

**** off Jock FFS! Can't you take a hint You are as much a city fan as I am a gashead!

EDIT: One of us is leaving as I have asked one of the mods to delete one of us as I have had enough of your anti English, belittling Bristol crap!

If it's this season ticket holder since the '70's, it says volumes for this forum.

Archived