IGNORED

Buzsaky / Baldock (+ A Little Bit Of Gerrard) .... Merged

Brizzle Jordan

Didnt Chris Powell say that he had not bid for Baldock ?

from yesterday:August 5, 2012 Charlton Athletic boss Chris Powell says the club have not made an offer for West Ham striker Sam Baldock.The Championship club have been linked with a move for the £1.5million forward, who is deemed surplus to requirements at Upton Park, but Powell insists he has not made an offer.Baldock, 23, is reportedly on the verge of signing for Bristol City and when asked whether Charlton would step in at the eleventh hour and snap him up, Powell said: "I don't know. He is not a player we've bid for."He is a sought after player, he is a goal scorer."Every team wants those but at the moment I have no news on any sort of imminent bid for him."

Didnt Chris Powell say that he had not bid for Baldock ?

Was thinking the same.

I'm a keen twitter user, but unless something is coming DIRECTLY from source (i.e. an official club account or Baldock himself) nothing, and I really mean nothing, can be taken as 'fact' or even 'likely'.

We've gone from being the only valid bidders, to his inevitable destination, to second choice to Charlton and all in about 72 hours.

Let's just wait and see.

Moose from talksport just tweeted

West Ham striker Sam Baldock is expected to sign for Bristol City this week

WestHamTransfers@westhamtransfer

West Ham striker Sam Baldock is expected to sign for Bristol City this week. (Via @Moose_talkSPORT) #coyi

Well, we know that isn't true - someone else on Twitter has already confirmed that he is off to Sign for Charlton.

Are you suggesting that people on Twitter don't actually have a clue what is going on and are making it as they go along....?!

Well, we know that isn't true - someone else on Twitter has already confirmed that he is off to Sign for Charlton.

Are you suggesting that people on Twitter don't actually have a clue what is going on and are making it as they go along....?!

Out of the two rumours i would believe Mooses more as a couple of ex Hammers players work for Talksport so they should be ITK

They of course don't have to be City fans, but they do need to show some passion for the club and the fans that pay their wages, and that is the difference between a lot of players, all to often players don't show any passion at all for the club, and we should know. I suspect Del puts a players character as a an all important detail when it comes to weighing up a player, had enough of journeymen, so I stand by what I said TRL... it is doable.

It is doable to an extent. But it needs the investment and a real show of strength from the Board and staff to show we are hell bent on getting to the prem.

This is not coming across from the club, so why should players show passion when the club doesn't. Just my opinion of course. You need everything galvanised. At this moment in time, all we see is Del doing an effective job (even though it seems his hands are somewhat being tied behind his back with transfer fees). The rest of the club, well, it seems to be going backwards, there seems apathy from the club concerning the stadium, there are redundancies being made. From the outside, it doesn't seem to be the most passionate place to be at the moment.

We used to get raising speeches from the like of Davidson and Lansdown, something to raise spirits for fans and prospective signings. What we get now are suits (who maybe very good at their jobs) but little charisma, nothing to get behind,in fact, now Sexton has gone, what have we even been told about the progression or the aims of this club from the people who run the club? it seems all we see now is Dave L, who does a good job. It doesn't look like a progressive club from a supporters view, so god knows what it looks like from a prospective players view.

I am guessing Del is a very good salesman :)

Quotes from McInnes in the Post today saying that we are no closer to any signings than we were before the weekend.

Well, unless someone has actually picked up a pen and signed, which it's pretty obvious they haven't, yet! Of course we arent any closer than we were last week.

Another non-entity, bull shit piece of journalism from that joke of a paper!

Out of the two rumours i would believe Mooses more as a couple of ex Hammers players work for Talksport so they should be ITK

I would favour believing neither and wait until I hear from someone that does actually know what is happening!

99% of twitter users, followers, etc know precisely nothing and just like to appear as though they do.

Ian 'Moose' Abrahams is the biggest moron going, search for his tweet about David Moyes talking to Spurs and being threatened with legal action by Everton - hilarious.

Just makes up random rumours with no evidence at all

That is funny. That sounded like one quick change of heart.

Ian 'Moose' Abrahams is the biggest moron going, search for his tweet about David Moyes talking to Spurs and being threatened with legal action by Everton - hilarious.

Just makes up random rumours with no evidence at all

Spot on. After we sacked Millen he named about 5 different people that were 'set to be announced as Bristol City's new manager'.

I've also noticed that he posts endless rumours about players West Ham are going to sign and I don't think one of them has happened yet so you could hardly come to the conclusion that he is 'in the know' as to events at Upton Park.

No, I most certainly don't believe twitter! According to some on there, it was a done deal with us last week!

My gut instinct is that he will opt for Charlton because of his preference for stating in the South East, But I will not take anything from twitter as fact. Let's wait for an official announcement!

I for one would be terribly dissapointed if he choose Charlton over us. All the hype then flat back on yer arse.

He is a cracking player and exactly what we want tbh

You cant label everyone on twitter not "know nothings", obviously Moose just makes things up and a lot of the people with ITK's in the names are kids making stuff up - but if you follow people that know their stuff about specific clubs it really is a great source of information.

So all the last dozen or so posts have proved is that some people on twitter think Baldock's coming here, some people on twitter think Baldock's going to Charlton and no one on Twitter knows anything whatsoever about where Sam Baldock is off to!!! :)

Well said that man, you are officially NTTDS' apprentice. ;)

4thOfficial, 12thMan, FootieAgent123456789, FootieNews, theTransferlad etc, etc, the list goes on, they know completely **** ALL!!!.

99.999999999% of Tw @ tter is complete shite.

BCAGFC

Well said that man, you are officially NTTDS' apprentice. ;)

4thOfficial, 12thMan, FootieAgent123456789, FootieNews, theTransferlad etc, etc, the list goes on, they know completely **** ALL!!!.

99.999999999% of Tw @ tter is complete shite.

BCAGFC

Fourth Official is actually reliable a large majority of the time. All the rest are rubbish though, hence why they usually only have around 1000 followers to Fourth Official's 50,000.

Fourth Official is actually reliable a large majority of the time. All the rest are rubbish though, hence why they usually only have around 1000 followers to Fourth Official's 50,000.

Got the Maynard to Leicester one SERIOUSLY wrong, he hasn't got a clue unless it is Everton related.

BCAGFC

Leicester did have a bid acceptted though :)

He said that he was certain that Maynard was going to Leicester, even quoted someone within the Leicester set up that he would sign the next day.....................and where did he end up?.

He knew **** ALL.

BCAGFC

You cant label everyone on twitter not "know nothings", obviously Moose just makes things up and a lot of the people with ITK's in the names are kids making stuff up - but if you follow people that know their stuff about specific clubs it really is a great source of information.

I don't think I did, did I....?!

Archived