IGNORED

Buzsaky / Baldock (+ A Little Bit Of Gerrard) .... Merged

Brizzle Jordan

I don't rate Gerrard. I don't rate Keogh (as said wastly overpaid players). But we NEED a central defender and got no other option than to beat other teams in wasting money as things stand

Tommy , the other day you wanted to pay Heaton 20K per year (or something equally ridiculous) now you want us to beat other teams by outbidding them ?? You do realise Derby paid 800K and are paying him £12K per Week ?

I have been doing a bit of digging on Gerrard, he has, like Keogh, been player of the the season fro two previous seasons! So I am guessing my judgment of him might not be so good, but I have probably seen him about 10 times and only impressed once. I guess he can't be as bad as both you and me think!

Interesting! I did not realise that!

I know it doesn't all of a sudden make him a great player but that's certainly more encouraging. If we sign him then fair enough, but like you every time I have seen him I have been very disappointed. Who knows though, IF we sign him Del might be able to take him on another level and improve him. After all he is only 26, so is yet to hit his prime. Might not be as bad as we think!

Tommy , the other day you wanted to pay Heaton 20K per year (or something equally ridiculous) now you want us to beat other teams by outbidding them ?? You do realise Derby paid 800K and are paying him £12K per Week ?

We are desperate for a central defender but do not need a "third" keeper. I'm exaggerating a bit but this is pub banter. :) What can we do? Our scouting is true shit and the academy will (hopelly) produce in 10 years time although I doubt it very much looking at the list of employees.

****-ter latest

FootieNews2012

@FootieNews20121

Sam Baldock has agreed to sign for Charlton after turning down a move to Bristol City #BCFC#CAFC#WHUFC

Phil Martin@Phillippo84

@Moose_talkSPORT As a friend of Sam baldock... He has spoken and said he turned down bristol city! God I hope he stays!

Good spot Arn, but to be fair the guy could be anyone!

Plenty of other sources 'twitting' saying he'll sign for us.

Interesting! I did not realise that!

I know it doesn't all of a sudden make him a great player but that's certainly more encouraging. If we sign him then fair enough, but like you every time I have seen him I have been very disappointed. Who knows though, IF we sign him Del might be able to take him on another level and improve him. After all he is only 26, so is yet to hit his prime. Might not be as bad as we think!

Well I have just just double checked the facts given to me, and they don't appear correct, i have just had a quick look around and found out he was Player of the season for Walsall in 2007 and for Hull on loan in 2011. Seems he was in and out of the team and getting loaned out a bit while at Cardiff according to the resident Cardiff fan at work!

We are desperate for a central defender but not a "third" keeper. I'm exaggerating a bit but this is pub banter :)

We're not that desperate that we should pay close to £1M for someone plus 600K per year in wages , unless they are a major improvement on what we already have , Keogh is not that , IMO.

We can not start next season with the same players that let in three goals per games for fun last season (Cunningham the exeption)

We can and might. Or are you implying we'll immediately be relegated if we fail to sign a centre back, even though we have 4 professional who can play there in the squad?

This sort of extremist/alarmist approach to issues like this is what wrecks the forum IMHO.

Done with this nonsense.

We can not start next season with the same players that let in three goals per games for fun last season (Cunningham the exeption)

Ithink everyone has perfectly valid points. I will be interested to see Who McInnes eventually signs.

As I said on a previous post; I think we are starting to leave it late to get a decent centre back. He will not have trained and got used to our system, so a good preseason, could blow up in our faces when a new face appears in our backline. This out of all our signings, if at all possible should be the one that should have been tied down early.

+1

No amount of coaching can cure our central defensive problems.....they all need a dominating leader beside them.

Fully expect to concede 3 at Florist in the opening game unless we sign someone......just got to hope we can score 4.

BCAGFC

See my post....it can

It can't, that has been proved over the last 3 seasons.

Carey, Fontaine, Wilson & Nyatanga are all EXTREMELY susceptable to poor positioning/concentration/determination/desire to win the ball in the air, they all need a leader to tell them what to do.

Amougou more or less held our defence together last season and unless we sign a player of his calibre, we will struggle defensively again.

BCAGFC

Well I have just just double checked the facts given to me, and they don't appear correct, i have just had a quick look around and found out he was Player of the season for Walsall in 2007 and for Hull on loan in 2011. Seems he was in and out of the team and getting loaned out a bit while at Cardiff according to the resident Cardiff fan at work!

In that case then, I hope we dont sign him after all :laughcont:

City should be looking at Eddie Oshodi at Forest Green for a Centre Back. IMHO he's as good a defender as I've ever seen at FGR and that includes Leon Cort and Adam Lockwood who went on to play in the Premier League/Championship.

Milwall were rumoured to be after him earlier in the summer.

It can't, that has been proved over the last 3 seasons.

Carey, Fontaine, Wilson & Nyatanga are all EXTREMELY susceptable to poor positioning/concentration/determination/desire to win the ball in the air, they all need a leader to tell them what to do.

Amougou more or less held our defence together last season and unless we sign a player of his calibre, we will struggle defensively again.

BCAGFC

Very much so BCAGFC!

City should be looking at Eddie Oshodi at Forest Green for a Centre Back. IMHO he's as good a defender as I've ever seen at FGR and that includes Leon Cort and Adam Lockwood who went on to play in the Premier League/Championship.

Milwall were rumoured to be after him earlier in the summer.

There are gems in the lower divisions, Alex Baptiste at Blackpool is a perfect example of this, pretty sure they got him from Mansfield.

BCAGFC

I don't rate Gerrard. I don't rate Keogh (as said wastly overpaid players). But we NEED a central defender and got no other option than to beat other teams in wasting money as things stand

This from a bloke who has been banging on about signing cheap lower league players all close season!

Unbelivable Jeff!

Plenty sign a free agent make a bid for a player from another team,

City will have a valuation of a player and quite rightly won't budge on that. There are more then 1 right sided CB playing football these days

so we value quality championship players ( keogh, gerrarrd) at 200k, Thats a shocking bid were not in leauge 2! are bids are insults to club and player! we spend big money on fodder then quality players become available and we wont go over 2000k rediculous!!

We can and might. Or are you implying we'll immediately be relegated if we fail to sign a centre back, even though we have 4 professional who can play there in the squad?

This sort of extremist/alarmist approach to issues like this is what wrecks the forum IMHO.

Done with this nonsense.

so your happy having a 36 year old carey, a shocking nayatanga, and very raw wilson partnering a average fonts you have lost the plot kid!!!!!

Carey is 35 (despite the post repeatedly saying he's 34) however WIlson is 23 now, so how long can we keep calling him "raw"?

We do need another CB but still have 5 on our books so we will need to work with what we have if we cannot attract one worth signing.

so we value quality championship players ( keogh, gerrarrd) at 200k, Thats a shocking bid were not in leauge 2! are bids are insults to club and player! we spend big money on fodder then quality players become available and we wont go over 2000k rediculous!!

Who has Del signed for big money that you class as fodder ?

Archived