IGNORED

Buzsaky / Baldock (+ A Little Bit Of Gerrard) .... Merged

Brizzle Jordan

Carey is 35 (despite the post repeatedly saying he's 34) however WIlson is 23 now, so how long can we keep calling him "raw"?

We do need another CB but still have 5 on our books so we will need to work with what we have if we cannot attract one worth signing.

wilson maby 23 but he has very!! little experience ! that and he is very injury prone, and 36 or 35 we cant rely on carey turning out for us all next season and nyatangs positional awareness is shocking we might aswell blind fold him that and he dont work for the team and he turns like a boat and got the pace of a snell!

Probably not aimed at Del. Styvar springs to mind.

That was 3 years ago , times have changed with the new FFP regs. It's because of the all the money wasted on Styvar , Clarkson , JCR etc. that we need to be more prudent now. I'm glad Del's not panicking and paying over the odds , he'll have a budget to work to and needs to get in more than a CB.

Am I the only person who believes James Wilson can step up to the plate this year. I think as long as he can stay fit, him and Fontaine can become a very strong partnership. Personally I would much rather see him trusted and given a chance rather then throw money at fairly average championship players such as Gerrard, who would be demanding a salary that dwarfs his actual ability.

Am I the only person who believes James Wilson can step up to the plate this year. I think as long as he can stay fit, him and Fontaine can become a very strong partnership. Personally I would much rather see him trusted and given a chance rather then throw money at fairly average championship players such as Gerrard, who would be demanding a salary that dwarfs his actual ability.

Agree completely. He just needs a run in the team.

Couple of mistakes last season i.e. Middlesboro at home but he is good enough IMO.

I will go along with that comment

He looked big and strong at the back Saturday but of course it was only against a stupidly poor side in Rovers

Reckon he could though

We apparently have an offer of £1.5M in for Baldock , so it's clearly more than 200K !! Also we dont need a squad , we need 2 or 3 players , but I' sure you know that.

Well if reports are to be believed, it is 250k-500k minus what is owed for Maynard. Makes you wonder why a swap deal wasn't done or attempted at the time!

ok own up who wrote the smart reply taken from buullshite rumours site.

06 Aug 2012 13:59:47

Bristol City will sign Bradley Wright-Phillips from Charlton in a deal worth 1.75m. Charlton are set to sign City target Sam Baldock after he failed to agree terms.

(3)

(5)

Sam Baldock at press conference at Ashton Gate 11.30 Wednesday morning.

Well if reports are to be believed, it is 250k-500k minus what is owed for Maynard. Makes you wonder why a swap deal wasn't done or attempted at the time!

WHU owe us £1M ,if Baldock signs we wont get that so the bid is £1M + . I can only imagine we didn't attempt swap due to his injury.

Agree completely. He just needs a run in the team.

Couple of mistakes last season i.e. Middlesboro at home but he is good enough IMO.

Glad I'm not the only one! The boy is 6ft 3, has decent pace and is fairly comfortable on the ball. If he can claim a place in the starting line-up at Forest I think his confidence will really grow. I also agree that playing with a good communicator/leader like Morris and possibly Mark Wilson will see his game really develop.

Wilson is a promising player and need to be given the chance beside a leader who can teach him the game. Not a fading player more than happy to blame him for his own shortcomings.

Wilson is 23, so is tango. Wilson is welsh so is tango. Wilson hasn't played for his national team tango has. Wilson hasn't played Premier League football, tango has, Wilson has played very few games through injury and or lack of experience, tango has played over 200 games. Both are prone to mistakes, both can have outstanding games.

Take all that in to consideration, I'd know which I would rather have on the books.

Wilson is 23, so is tango. Wilson is welsh so is tango. Wilson hasn't played for his national team tango has. Wilson hasn't played Premier League football, tango has, Wilson has played very few games through injury and or lack of experience, tango has played over 200 games. Both are prone to mistakes, both can have outstanding games.

Take all that in to consideration, I'd know which I would rather have on the books.

Wilson will be given the chance when 80 years old.

We already know Nyatanga is not good enough.

Wilson will be given the chance when 80 years old.

We already know Nyatanga is not good enough.

They are as good as one another. If you want to save some squad space, get rid of the sick note, or dump them both.

Or you can look at it the other way, Nyatanga has played 200 games and is still looks no better than Wilson. He has played 200 games and still shats himself whenever he gets the ball!!

I should imagine he also takes up a much larger chunk of the wage bill.

Or you can look at it the other way, Nyatanga has played 200 games and is still no better than Wilson. He has played 200 games and still shats himself whenever he gets the ball!!

I kind of agree, hence my 2nd reply. There is no real argument there. Wilson should go, Fontaine, well probably go as well. If he could concentrate for 90 minutes he would be a useful defender, but has proved time and time again he can't. I will say is a much better centre back than a left back.

I kind of agree, hence my 2nd reply.

It's a Shame Wilson hasn't progressed as much as we'd like (As you mention, fitness has been a problem). This is probably his last chance with us, be a shame to see him go the same way as Ribiero. Both looked to have what was required to make it.

Or you can look at it the other way, Nyatanga has played 200 games and is still looks no better than Wilson. He has played 200 games and still shats himself whenever he gets the ball!!

Are you crazy? Nyatanga is far better than Wilson. I would have Tangs over Wilson any day, and so would any manager that has these 2 players on the books.

Are you crazy? Nyatanga is far better than Wilson. I would have Tangs over Wilson any day, and so would any manager that has these 2 players on the books.

Not at all, for me he has been largely disappointing. He had the odd decent game last season but that's a bout it!!

Only going On the highlights but he looked dreadful up in Scotland.

Archived