IGNORED

Buzsaky / Baldock (+ A Little Bit Of Gerrard) .... Merged

Brizzle Jordan

wilson maby 23 but he has very!! little experience ! that and he is very injury prone, and 36 or 35 we cant rely on carey turning out for us all next season and nyatangs positional awareness is shocking we might aswell blind fold him that and he dont work for the team and he turns like a boat and got the pace of a snell!

Thank god we've got Del in charge and not you.

Just to add to this Wilson fit or not, The ACL tear in a match and a broken ahkle in training hardly make him a sicknote ala Ribs. As said the only way he will get experience is if we continue to play him at this level. May not be to some peoples tastes but there you go.

I agree - for once :-) and when I say go the same way as Ribeiro, I meant the way he showed so much promise but never really fulfilled it and ended up leaving the club without us really seeing his best.

I would love to see Wilson succeed.

There are gems in the lower divisions, Alex Baptiste at Blackpool is a perfect example of this, pretty sure they got him from Mansfield.

BCAGFC

I have been saying this for sometime and cannot understand why we do not explore this avenue as well as the ones currently being tried for new players. The current method is proving difficult and to some extent is failing as still we have no centre half or striker and we have only 12 days to the first league game. If we get a defender in he will hardly have time to meet the players.

Not at all, for me he has been largely disappointing. He had the odd decent game last season but that's a bout it!!

Only going On the highlights but he looked dreadful up in Scotland.

Fair enough mate. I always thought he looked good last season and he's always seemed better in the air than Wilson.

I'll admit haven't seen any of the highlights from the Scotland tour so you'd be a better judge at this stage. I hope it's just his fitness and that he gets a look in the team and improves this season.

Looks like i was right, We aint getting any off them!!

If we are ever to get out of this league we need to break the bank/take risks, something SL has no intention of doing....

what?! until either player puts pen to paper at another club or states he wont join us we are still in for all 3...

If we are ever to get out of this league we need to break the bank/take risks, something SL has no intention of doing....

take risks, yes that makes a lot of sense.

City have had an initial bid of around £200,000 rejected and, although they could still table an improved offer, they may already be too late.

Reports emerging from south Wales last night suggested the Bluebirds have accepted a bid of around £400,000 for Gerrard from the Foxes, who are desperate to find a replacement for injured skipper Sean St Ledger before the season kicks off next week.

Although Cardiff value Gerrard at £500,000, manager Malky Mackay, pictured, is eager to sell the former Walsall centre-half, whois surplus to requirements at the Cardiff City Stadium after falling behind Ben Turner, Mark Hudson and Darcy Blake in the pecking order.

Leicester had an initial bid of around £200,000 rejected but came in with an improved offer after St Ledger damaged knee ligaments during a pre-season friendly against Burton Albion. The Republic of Ireland defender will be sidelined for between six to eight weeks.

Gerrard held talks with Leicester officials at the King Power Stadium yesterday and is close to agreeing personal terms with Leicester boss Nigel Pearson. The pair already know one another well, Gerrard having spent a successful season on loan at Hull when Pearson was manager at the KC Stadium.

Meanwhile, McInnes is preparing to switch his search elsewhere. Although he already has Liam Fontaine, Lewin Nyatanga, Louis Carey and James Wilson at his disposal, the Scot wants a dominant right-sided centre-back to provide additional aerial power.

City had an undisclosed bid for Keogh turned down in June, since when McInnes has been working his way through a list of alternative targets.

With just seven days to go until City play Gillingham in the first round of the League Cup, Robins directors Keith Dawe and Jon Lansdown must now decide whether to test Cardiff's resolve with a last-ditch bid or concentrate on alternative targets.

Out of the three this would be the deal i wouldnt worry about to much. Although we do need another cetre back i would never had made it prioroty certainly knowing we can almost get a decent one in on loan.

The other two i would love to have on board

I genuinely don't give a fig whether we sign Gerrard; he's good in the air but no better across the ground than what we already have from what I've seen. I genuinely think our best option is to take a risk on waiting to see who misses out on Premier League squads. We might not get them until end of August but we'll end up with a quality player

I genuinely don't give a fig whether we sign Gerrard; he's good in the air but no better across the ground than what we already have from what I've seen. I genuinely think our best option is to take a risk on waiting to see who misses out on Premier League squads. We might not get them until end of August but we'll end up with a quality player

Never done this before, but...

'+1'

That didn't feel too bad after all.

I hope you're right. I'm not one to panic, but time really is starting to run out now. I don't want all of this "they're trying to settle in" rubbish. It looks to me from the outside we're not getting the players that Del wanted at the top of the list, so we need to hit plan b asap. Didn't Del want most of his players in for the start of pre-season training?

How about Scott Wootton on loan from Man United? - He's a centre back, I've seen a few of United's tour games on MUTV and he played the 1st 3 games. He looked solid at the back, decent in the air. He spent time on loan at Peterborough and Forest last season. Marnick Vermijl and Frederick Veseli were also decent but played full back, which we dont really need.

To get to the wonderful premier league, where all our dreams will come true.

;)

What the premier league that everybody hates , with their greedy players , plastic fans and soul less stadiums !!!

It makes me laugh this forum , on the one hand The Post is full of shit yet people are quick to use their reports as a stick to beat the club with.

The club should do more to leave within their means and reduce the debts and wage bill , yet should break the bank to sign players !

UNREAL

The guy is putting up something like £90m of his own money to fund the new stadium, the building of which is pretty central to the club's future, given the new FFP rules. If that isn't breaking the bank and taking a risk then I don't know what is. Also, haven't we put in a bid of £1.5m or so for Baldock, which seems pretty good money to me.

We've had a few seasons where sucessive managers have paid well over the odds for players both in transfer fees and more importantly big wages and it's cost us dear in more ways than one. The new financial rules will affect us and every other club and SL is making sure we will comply, hence getting rid of overpaid deadwood over the summer. We need to buy players who represent good value for money and perhaps McInnes knows better than all of us what a player is really worth, both in £££s and in terms of what they would add to his team. On that basis , perhaps he feels that Gerrard is worth no more than £200,000 and can get better value elsewhere.

The guy is putting up something like £90m of his own money to fund the new stadium, the building of which is pretty central to the club's future, given the new FFP rules. If that isn't breaking the bank and taking a risk then I don't know what is. Also, haven't we put in a bid of £1.5m or so for Baldock, which seems pretty good money to me.

We've had a few seasons where sucessive managers have paid well over the odds for players both in transfer fees and more importantly big wages and it's cost us dear in more ways than one. The new financial rules will affect us and every other club and SL is making sure we will comply, hence getting rid of overpaid deadwood over the summer. We need to buy players who represent good value for money and perhaps McInnes knows better than all of us what a player is really worth, both in £££s and in terms of what they would add to his team. On that basis , perhaps he feels that Gerrard is worth no more than £200,000 and can get better value elsewhere.

The point you are missing here is that Lansdown isn't risking anything building a new stadium, because a stadium is bricks and mortar which will maintain its value.

Lansdown has never bought us any players he loans us the cash!

The point you are missing here is that Lansdown isn't risking anything building a new stadium,

because a stadium is bricks and mortar which will maintain its value.

Lansdown has never bought us any players he loans us the cash!

No wonder your user name is Mad, dear oh dear, you think he'll see that money again, do you?

Archived