IGNORED

Buzsaky / Baldock (+ A Little Bit Of Gerrard) .... Merged

Brizzle Jordan

I'm not confident on any signings atm given how long its taking.After all the hype and confidence boost it has given us being strongly linked with the players we have, it is turning into a massive come down and disappointment to see nothing has happened after 3 weeks of suggesting we are signing them. I just don't want all our fans to start thinking negatively because of all this as we've had such a positive summer/pre-season

Baldock not going to happen he has turned us down according to his pal the mousse from talk sport this seems likely as its been dragging on for so long! But untill he signs for someone else there's always that chance! For me if I'm getting frustrated as I wanted a new st cm and cb in by now had few pre season games to gel ready for start of season!

This definitely needed a new thread.

I agree but wish we just had threads limited to just the one transfer target. Baldock and Buzsacky I really want to happen, so find myself having to trawl through lots of stuff ( ie tangs v wilson which is fine on a Gerrard thread ) that I don't want to read. Not complaining just wish there was a Baldock thread and a Buzsaky thread etc.

I agree but wish we just had threads limited to just the one transfer target. Baldock and Buzsacky I really want to happen, so find myself having to trawl through lots of stuff ( ie tangs v wilson which is fine on a Gerrard thread ) that I don't want to read. Not complaining just wish there was a Baldock thread and a Buzsaky thread etc.

+1

if you believe what you read on twitter he is either:

a) siging for us and having press conference at 11am tomorrow

b) turned us down as he wants to stay in London and due to have talks with Charlton

c) staying with West Ham as he couldnt agree terms with either us or Charlton

With or without Baldock we have signed Cunningham, Anderson and Morris and for that is a big improvement on what we had.

If this falls through Del will no doubt be in for someone else, personally I saw Baldock against WestHam and he was completely anonymous.

Would prefer Steven Davies.....but Del knows what he is doing, he will have other players lined up if this falls through.

I'm not confident on any signings atm given how long its taking.After all the hype and confidence boost it has given us being strongly linked with the players we have, it is turning into a massive come down and disappointment to see nothing has happened after 3 weeks of suggesting we are signing them. I just don't want all our fans to start thinking negatively because of all this as we've had such a positive summer/pre-season

Top post, this is exactly right. Stupidly I was hoping for an unveiling of one or two of them for the gas game, and was disappointed not to see it. I know that's my fault but fear that there could be a void filled with negativity if none of these signings come off. Hope it doesn't happen and I will remain confident and positive, but by golly disappointed.

I bet you feel soiled though, don't you?

Oh, and +2. I'd be positively happy to miss out on Gerrard.

Just to be an arse...

+3

How did we get so excited about this guy? Not slagging him but is he really a panacea for our defensive woes?

Someone mentioned Grant Hall from Spurs might be coming to us on loan; personally I'd rather add a young, keen up-and-coming player like this to our options than another journeyman.

Explain how we had one of the highest wage bills in the championship then

1. We didn't. It was just one of the highest in relation to our turnover. If I remember correctly our wage bill was only slightly above average.

2. Our wage budget is now significantly reduced, so we are nearer the bottom in terms of wage offerings.

I'd rather wait for the right players than rush to sign the wrong ones. If Baldock is the preferred choice it's right to put every effort into making that happen but as soon as it's not happening we have to move on to the next on the list quick sharp.

1. We didn't. It was just one of the highest in relation to our turnover. If I remember correctly our wage bill was only slightly above average.

2. Our wage budget is now significantly reduced, so we are nearer the bottom in terms of wage offerings.

No we had one of the highest wage bills in the championship about 4th or 5th if it was based on turnover it would of been the highest as we were spending 132% of our turnover on wages,

Yes it is lower now but so is every other clubs with FFP coming in

No we had one of the highest wage bills in the championship about 4th or 5th if it was based on turnover it would of been the highest as we were spending 132% of our turnover on wages,

Yes it is lower now but so is every other clubs with FFP coming in

Do you actually know this or are you just making it up? From what I've just read, in the season 2010-2011 we had the 11th highest wage bill out of the 18 clubs that were available in that article.

Our wage cuts are more drastic than the other clubs in the division, and rightly so.

Do you actually know this or are you just making it up? From what I've just read, in the season 2010-2011 we had the 11th highest wage bill out of the 18 clubs that were available in that article.

Our wage cuts are more drastic than the other clubs in the division, and rightly so.

I'm only going on what was announced by Lansdown and Sexston a year or so ago before the cut backs had been made,

People will have to be patient especially if Baldock (or whoever) goes elsewhere. It will mean starting the whole process again which may roll into the season.

If the right players are unavalible then it may mean filling the gap with a loan player rather than signing someone on a long term contract for the sake of it, it doesn't mean we've not been trying.

It's all about getting the right man for the next 3 or 4 seasons not just the 18th of August

Archived