IGNORED

Buzsaky / Baldock (+ A Little Bit Of Gerrard) .... Merged

Brizzle Jordan

Taken from WHU forum about Baldock last night

Waited outside Sixfields to meet some of the players, was hoping to get my GF's little bro a photo with Baldock...

The lads all finally came out to the coach, stopped Sam for a photo & autograph, decided to be quite blatant with him & I said;

"Hope to still see you in a West Ham shirt this coming season."

to which he replied;

"That's what I hope too but it's not up to me."

So he scores goals, he wants to play for us & the rest I guess is now up to Big Sam. We'll see

This is what I've thought the situation was all along. Baldock plays for a team who've just got to the Premier League and he doesn't want to let go of the 'dream' of playing in the Premier League. Big Sam probably wants him to go to free up a spot in the squad. He's probably waiting until he's told definitively he won't be in their squad next season. Don't really blame him for that

I'm still more concerned about the CB spot tbh.

The midfield is shaping up and we have forward options but boy are we very thin at the back.

If we lose say, Carey and Fontaine in the first 3 months then we could be looking at a long season or a dramatic scamble for a highly paid loan shark.

Keogh I wasn't fussed about but I am hoping that we have a plan C as now Gerrard has chosen Huddersfield.

I know McManus and Bikey had big wage issues but in a few weeks unless they lower their sights will be unemployed as far as UK football goes.

Perhaps one would accept an incentive based deal?

Who knows,but I hope McInness is now making this priority no 1.

After a good pre-season by our standards,this is the final piece for mine.

Not wanting to split hairs but MacManus has another year on his contract at Boro, so he is possibly in no rush to move on unless his wage demands are met. Bikey on the other hand could well find himself priced out of a deal in the UK as you rightly say.

The squad flew out to Portugal yesterday and Baldock was left behind to play for the development team.

How definitive is that ?

Quite.

Think he'll be moving, but the question is where?

If the noises coming out of Charlton are correct (note- I'm just going on what has been said on here; I'm not ITK...) they don't have the cash to pay for him out right, and West Ham are keen to get him off the books for good. With the Maynard cash hanging over them we seem to have a strong advantage in terms of agreeing a fee, but not in persuading him.

In Baldock's shoes you can see his problem, as he might feel that by sticking his heels in he can force a move closer to home, but then Big Sam and West Ham's owners are not ones too look too lightly on that. Could see him spending a fair bit of time in the reserves if he acts badly.

Sam Baldock

Last night a West Ham Development Squad team played a match against Northampton and lost 3-1. The score and the details are not important, but the team sheet is. The 20 man first team squad has gone out to Portugal to play SC Braga on Friday, and one name not among them is Sam Baldock. For me, that's a shame, as I rate him and think that given time and chances, he would become a valuable tool for West Ham's upcoming PL season. However, it appears that the club has other ideas, and this can only be yet another sign that Baldock is destined for other pastures. That's a pity: he's creative and has potential, but I suppose there's no room for him

Why on earth did knowone from the press even question or asked Mcinnes about the possible signing of Baldock or anyone else for that matter last night? Pathetic journalism...

As for Baldock its obvious West Ham dont want him and that he is on his way out , just a question on whether we have done enough to get him, or 1 other club goes in for him who he prefers. More waiting time I guess...

Am I the only person who believes James Wilson can step up to the plate this year. I think as long as he can stay fit, him and Fontaine can become a very strong partnership. Personally I would much rather see him trusted and given a chance rather then throw money at fairly average championship players such as Gerrard, who would be demanding a salary that dwarfs his actual ability.

+1

It's a shame our wage bill is so high, if we could of shipped out the deadwood (easier said then done) I would of loved to have signed both Wilson and Bikey, would of improved our back 5 ten fold just imagine...

-------------------- HEATON --------------------

WILSON---------BIKEY-------------------FONTS---------CUNNINGHAM

We'd have plenty of cover also with Foster able to play both RB and LB if need be, Wilson can also cover CB, Carey can cover RB and CB etc...very versatile setup we would have.

Just a shame we're paying the price of our previous managers mistakes of signing deadwood on big contracts (step forward Mr Stewart)

Although Del has proven to be shrewd in the transfer market so i'm sure he has a few ace's up his sleeve yet!

According to a supposedly relable poster on West Ham forum kumb.com, Baldock has turned us down as he doesn't want to leave London and a permanent fee has been agreed with Palace.

Wether this is right, I haven't a clue but it's dragged on too long now hasn't it?

Move on to the next one Del (probably has already).

Re: Sam Baldock

icon_post_target.gifby AMoCS on Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:07 pm

I've been told the Bristol City deal is off because Baldock didn't want to move out of London - but he's spoken with Crystal Palace (who were after him while at MK Dons) and is very close to a move to Selhurst Park.

http://kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142107&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=460

Time to give up on Baldock as well? This the lastest from "Knees Up Mother Brown"

The same mate that told me about Morrison leaving last week just texted me that Baldock had a medical scheduled for Monday followed by a meeting on the subject of personal terms in Bristol. On Sunday night he expressed his wish to the staff that he wants to stay at the club but if they don't want him, he wants to go on loan for a year to a club in London. He will not leave the club permanently this transfer window.

I've been told the Bristol City deal is off because Baldock didn't want to move out of London - but he's spoken with Crystal Palace (who were after him while at MK Dons) and is very close to a move to Selhurst Park.

??????????????????????????????

Apologies, didnt see Ciderup,s post

Next please........

Sounds as if this is a pretty genuine story.

Move was in balance and if a player isn't keen then nor should we be.

Possible reason why he didn't go to Portugal.

No deal with us so stayed put and played Cobblers :laugh:......

Jackson for me......

Or we could snatch McCormack who Palace fans are convinced is going to them.

I dont want him...

If he is SO against joining us then they can keep him.

The damage of having someone with a sh!t attitude can do to a team could counter any skill he brings to the table. Not saying he will definitely resent being here, but the chance of it happening seems to strong to risk it.

I dont want him...

If he is SO against joining us then they can keep him.

The damage of having someone with a sh!t attitude can do to a team could counter any skill he brings to the table. Not saying he will definitely resent being here, but the chance of it happening seems to strong to risk it.

Exactly him and Buzsaky can jog on.

It's a shame our wage bill is so high, if we could of shipped out the deadwood (easier said then done) I would of loved to have signed both Wilson and Bikey, would of improved our back 5 ten fold just imagine...

-------------------- HEATON --------------------

WILSON---------BIKEY-------------------FONTS---------CUNNINGHAM

We'd have plenty of cover also with Foster able to play both RB and LB if need be, Wilson can also cover CB, Carey can cover RB and CB etc...very versatile setup we would have.

Just a shame we're paying the price of our previous managers mistakes of signing deadwood on big contracts (step forward Mr Stewart)

Although Del has proven to be shrewd in the transfer market so i'm sure he has a few ace's up his sleeve yet!

I like that. Although I'm wary of past clubs stating Amougou is a different player once on a permanent deal, for a club with fans like ours he could become a fans favourite due to his nature. Wilson looks a very tidy player, steady, reads the game very well and looks keen to retain possession.

Trees grow trunk upwards, an that would be a very championship capable foundation.

I don't want any player who's heart isn't here

Think that sums the situation up completely.

It is known that City and W Ham have agreed a deal. That would then release the player to speak to the club. This 2 weeks ago.

Then the player says publicly he wants to stay in London.

That being the case do we really want him him without 100% commitment to our cause?

I think not

Im not sure Baldock is quite as good as everyone is making out.....Less than 1 goal in 3 at league 1 level, and nearly 1 in 5 at championship level.....both at top teams in their respective leagues.

Saw him against WH and he was anonymous, granted that was just one league game, but i get the impression he is a bit of a flat track bully, he needs to be playing in a slick, passing, attacking side otherwise he is going to virtually useless.

Imagine him in our side last season? Generally long ball with little movement.....to fit a player like Baldock into our side we really need to be playing with a certain way.

Would prefer Steven Davies, a more allround footballer and a class act at this level.

Archived