IGNORED

Rovers At Home. Less Than 4K Sold!

Guest sbred

Guest sbred

Anyone else feel like noone really cares about this game? Feel sorry for gow aswell with the crowd he is going to get in his game on saturday Agaisnt man city.

We have sold less than 4k for the gas game, I expect they have sold less than 1,000. So looking at a crowd of what, 5500/6000? Very poor from both sides.

Maybe the club should of shut the Williams and parkend along with our side of the Eastend and just made everyone go in the dolman.

Parkend is going to look very empty, less than 800 sold for that stand.

Guest sbred

We gave then the whole of the EE, lost 1/2 hundred fans on the day.

Hardly the whole of the east end, given 3k tickets but will only sell what 1k max?

Guest sbred

Thank you for confirming my post.

Sorry, I thought you meant we lost 100-200 fans due to it being all ticket , not due to us being allowed in the Eastend.

Guest leetrundlesrightfoot

not only is it a friendly, its a testimonial for louis, i agree the gow match will not be supported as it should be, he, if anyone deserves a full house, as do the returning idols of years gone by. im sadly working on Saturday, so cant make it, otherwise i would of been there 100%. i will be going to the gas game, but again, no potd has an effect. genuinely feel sorry for gerry gow tho- another fantastic pr cock up from bcfc.

People care more about where they sit than they do about the players. Footballers have changed but so have fans.

It really is surprising that so few fans care about two of our greats.

Not blaming the club for this one. Everyone knows the matches are on. No POTD is just an excuse as is the lack of Eastend seats.

Pretty pathetic really.

I am going Saturday, but I have no intention of going to the Rovers game. For me the reason is solely the price. Whilst willing to give up some cash for Gow, I'm not willing to pay £15 for a professionals testimonial in this day and age.

Guest Sidebet

Would be nice if people came along to show their support for Louis.

Unfortunatly i think the expectation of trouble around the ground in bristol may keep a few people away, and the fact they have the EE has jarred alot of us off.

I expect a few to be sold on the day but cant see 10k plus like someone stated on here.

People care more about where they sit than they do about the players. Footballers have changed but so have fans.

Not blaming the club for this one. Everyone knows the matches are on. No POTD is just an excuse as is the lack of Eastend seats.

Pretty pathetic really.

Couldn't agree more.

Guess we'll lose quite a lot of fans when we move stadium then. Or maybe everyother Saturday during the season there will be a few hundred stood in a Sainsbury's car park!?

I am going Saturday, but I have no intention of going to the Rovers game. For me the reason is solely the price. Whilst willing to give up some cash for Gow, I'm not willing to pay £15 for a professionals testimonial in this day and age.

I think most of the £15 is going towards the police bill.

Pretty pathetic really.

Agree completely.

I'm off on holiday tomorrow for two weeks i'm gutted not to be making the Gow game the gash game not so much. Friendly games in genral are dull afairs after an hour or so you get loads of subs which generally kills the tempo, no-one will want to get injured so I doubt it will be that competitive even against the gash and £15 is pretty steep for complete ob overkill.

I didnt know the games were on when I booked my holiday and it was not that long ago. The club have arsed aroud with the gow game and i am disappointed to miss it due to being in another country. I know that some lads have delayed their trip to scotland because of it. Lot more thought needs to go into things like this fom bcfc. The gow game could have been on the same day as the open day maybve to mget more in. If both games have poor turn outs it should be a wake up call for the club.

Just goes to show why Bristol is and always will be a footballing backwater... We haven't got enough passion in our football as it shows within Ashton Gate every saturday. The atmosphere vs Cov was appalling concidering how big the game was to this club.

Just goes to show why Bristol is and always will be a footballing backwater... We haven't got enough passion in our football as it shows within Ashton Gate every saturday. The atmosphere vs Cov was appalling concidering how big the game was to this club.

Totally agree.

I completely disagree, we certainly don't have big enough numbers in the stadium every week for such a big city, but the passion is definitely there. What evidence do I have to back it up? Well I have lived in a number of different locations in England and have befriended fans from a number of different clubs, without fail they all speak about Ashton Gate being intimidating, the fans being partisan and describe it as a 'proper football club'. People who talk about these mythical clubs where the fans turn up week in week out, never moan, cheer the team from the first to the ninetieth minute don't live in the real world.

I completely disagree, we certainly don't have big enough numbers in the stadium every week for such a big city, but the passion is definitely there. What evidence do I have to back it up? Well I have lived in a number of different locations in England and have befriended fans from a number of different clubs, without fail they all speak about Ashton Gate being intimidating, the fans being partisan and describe it as a 'proper football club'. People who talk about these mythical clubs where the fans turn up week in week out, never moan, cheer the team from the first to the ninetieth minute don't live in the real world.

He means the level of interest, not the passion of those that go. Personally I think he's bang on.

In 10 years I can count very few City (or indeed Rovers) fans I've met in the workplace, all places in Bristol. Not that I blame people, both clubs might as well not exist for the amount they market themselves in the area.

He means the level of interest, not the passion of those that go. Personally I think he's bang on.

In 10 years I can count very few City (or indeed Rovers) fans I've met in the workplace, all places in Bristol. Not that I blame people, both clubs might as well not exist for the amount they market themselves in the area.

No he talked about passion of those inside Ashton Gate, he also talked about atmosphere. What I am saying is whilst the atmosphere can always be improved it actually stands up well against most clubs and is recognised in football as one of the better atmospheres in the country. I think it is down to the 'grass is always greener' syndrome. I have been to Celtic Park and Old Trafford when you could hear a pin drop for the majority of the ninety minutes.

To many of our fans buy into this myth that we are fickle and don't support our team enough . This was started by the gas with the help of the Evening post in the 80s and at the same time portrayed them as super fans from the family club . This is all bollocks .

We are no more less or more fickle than any other club in the country. Our support is good for our leauge positions over the last 30 years.

The worst thing about the club is that a section of our fans talk down the rest of the fans.

Guest Cliftonville

A point may be that the Gloucester cup game was not well attended from the eighties onwards.

Agree with Barrs Court red about how little the club market themselves. The clubs profile is non existent virtually. I doubt if people in my BS8 workplace even know where City play.

To many of our fans buy into this myth that we are fickle and don't support our team enough . This was started by the gas with the help of the Evening post in the 80s and at the same time portrayed them as super fans from the family club . This is all bollocks .

We are no more less or more fickle than any other club in the country. Our support is good for our leauge positions over the last 30 years.

The worst thing about the club is that a section of our fans talk down the rest of the fans.

Bang on, I agree one hundred percent. I am always amazed at the City fans that seem to believe this. In the last five or six seasons the Gas have been booed off the pitch regularly, chants of you are not fit to wear the shirt etc and yet there is still this myth perpetuated by Radio Bristol, The Post etc that they are super loyal. It was easy for the Gas to be super loyal in the 1980s when they were massively overachieving for the majority of it, but put them in the fourth tier and they moan like hell.

Guest sbred

I can't see us selling 5000 more tickets in just over a week, over doubling our ticket sales to hit the 10k mark.

In the last week we have only sold 750 extra tickets. Who stumps up the extras cost when/if it doesn't break even? The club? Louis?

Alot to do with it is cost. Which many of you have outlined. The club should be going to schools and colleges with incentives on tickets to create interest at a young level.

Alot of our support comes people who have been brought up to support Bristol City and thats that.

But my fear is with the amount of Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool shirts walking around Bristol and with easy access to Sky the support for the club will go down. This is where the club really need to start marketing more heavily and give the club a more open feel. Lets face it you wouldn't walk around Leeds in a Man Utd shirt unless you have a death wish so why do people do it here?? Nothing more than arms chair glory hunters who never have actually been to Old Trafford or anywhere else!

So its down to the club to make the club more appealing and it all starts with cost! £28 for a match day ticket against Blackpool?

I'm going to go to Louis's testimonial, but £30 for 2 tickets, drinks, food etc is alot to watch a one off game.....

The atmosphere at a lot of football grounds has been appalling for a number of years. You would probally struggle to name 10 grounds now where the atmosphere is electric week in week out.

With regards this Rovers game....its just a friendly. Regardless how much people try to big it up....its just a friendly, and i dont even see how anyone can even claim bragging rights from it. Its not a league or cup game....

On a final note, I have no problems with Louis having a testimonial....but the bloke is sorted for life, and unless I've missed something....he is pocketing this cash? pfft...sorry, he should donate it to charity

No actually this is my final note....i'll be sat by the pool in Tunisia when this waste of time game takes place

Just seems like poor timing by the club. People are either away on summer hols or watching the olympics. Why hav two testimonials so close together? Some might say it disrespectful to either player, but maybe they should've scrapped Rovers and had louis play in gow's testimonial as a joint thing.

I am a huge fan of carey, and have huge respect for the guy, but I struggle to justify attending this game when I'd much rather fork out to see him in real action when the season starts in earnest.

I sense everyone is waiting for everyone else with buying tickets. We're all waiting to see if sales will be strong before we commit, coz if we're honest The Gas are only worth watching if theres some passion involved...

I wish we weren't playing Rovers. I just think it will diminish any future cup tie when, for example, we haven't played them for years (except that friendly 4000 people went to...). Just don't think we should be playing our rivals in a friendly! Rivals and friendly don't go!

I also don't understand why Carey is having his testimonial whilst he is still playing. In fact, he earns thousands of pounds a week, why does he even need a testimonial!!?

Just seems like poor timing by the club. People are either away on summer hols or watching the olympics. Why hav two testimonials so close together? Some might say it disrespectful to either player, but maybe they should've scrapped Rovers and had louis play in gow's testimonial as a joint thing.

I am a huge fan of carey, and have huge respect for the guy, but I struggle to justify attending this game when I'd much rather fork out to see him in real action when the season starts in earnest.

I sense everyone is waiting for everyone else with buying tickets. We're all waiting to see if sales will be strong before we commit, coz if we're honest The Gas are only worth watching if theres some passion involved...

Because the is so only so many days of pre-season

Just got a work trip back to Bristol (moved abroad a few years ago),, very happy with the timing. Would love to see this game as was a loyal season ticket holder before I left... But keep getting error messages when trying to buy online tickets!!! Not helpful for ticket sales...

I didnt know the games were on when I booked my holiday and it was not that long ago. The club have arsed aroud with the gow game and i am disappointed to miss it due to being in another country. I know that some lads have delayed their trip to scotland because of it. Lot more thought needs to go into things like this fom bcfc. The gow game could have been on the same day as the open day maybve to mget more in. If both games have poor turn outs it should be a wake up call for the club.

When is the open day? Has one even been announced?

Yes it is.....

LDV (tinpot trophy but still something at stake) - sell out

Friendly game - 4000k

says it all.

It didn't really feel like one when the fixture was announced but the negativity from both this forum and on brfcforum sure is putting a dampener on things..

IMO.

It didn't really feel like one when the fixture was announced but the negativity from both this forum and on brfcforum sure is putting a dampener on things..

IMO.

its not about being negative....its about accepting its a nothing game. Get them in the third round of the FA Cup (like they'd even get there), it would sell out in days.

Of course I hope we win...I hope we thrash them...but its not like you can rip the piss out of your mates for it though is there

its not about being negative....its about accepting its a nothing game. Get them in the third round of the FA Cup (like they'd even get there), it would sell out in days.

Of course I hope we win...I hope we thrash them...but its not like you can rip the piss out of your mates for it though is there

Fair dinkem I suppose....

Just feels that there's a lot of negativity from people who aint going which is rubbing off on others..

Maybe I'm wrong?

I still say we will shift a lot of tickets next week. I know at least twenty people who want to go but haven't bothered to buy tickets yet. As we get closer to the day more and more tickets will be sold. I'm sticking with a gate of 10,000 plus.

01179 630600

http://www.bcfc.co.u...,,10327,00.html

There's more than one way to skin a cat !!

Meh, who uses phones these days ;)

Thankfully got mine when they went on sale.......Really surprised only 4k have been sold with only just over a week to go, and unlike normal matches, this one does seem to have been pushed through local media. Not helped I guess by the old bill coming out with the "intelligence" about the prospect of trouble.

Guest BCFCBristolRed

100% agree. I have friends around England & Wales who support 'real' clubs (Leeds, Burnley, Carlisle & Wrexham, yes Wrexham :laugh:), they have all visited Ashton Gate and have all said it's a proper football stadium & and great football club. I hate the 'fans' who turn up & moan about 'part time' fans etc. Why can our fans not just turn up and support the lads on the pitch!!? Christ, we are in the Championship!! Get behind the boys!!!! COME ON YOUUUUUU REDSSSSS!!!!

Anyone else feel like noone really cares about this game? Feel sorry for gow aswell with the crowd he is going to get in his game on saturday Agaisnt man city.

We have sold less than 4k for the gas game, I expect they have sold less than 1,000. So looking at a crowd of what, 5500/6000? Very poor from both sides.

Maybe the club should of shut the Williams and parkend along with our side of the Eastend and just made everyone go in the dolman.

Parkend is going to look very empty, less than 800 sold for that stand.

Would not miss it for the world, remember playing them years ago and loved the games. It really does not matter if it is a friendly, still great to beat them in any game. Will be coming down from London, well worth it. I have not got my ticket yet but will get it next week, I know a few who are going and all are getting their tickets next week.

Don't think we will be playing them again for quite a few years unless we draw them in a cup so make the most of it. :yahoo:

I just dont get our fans sometimes. People bleet on about rubbish pre-season games, the lack of the derby and footballers not caring enough about their clubs. Here we have all 3 and yet people are coming up with poor excuses not to go.

"cant sit in the Eastend!" - So what? It's been well documented that the police dont want this game to happen and despite charging a fortune for the privillage they seemingly dont want to work for it by policing the eastend. It's not the clubs fault, or Carey's, or the Rovers. Its the police. It wouldnt be to hard for the eastend crew to buy tickets in the Williams or Dolman together. As someone said, do people really care more about which seat they sit in than honouring a great servant/enjoying a Bristol derby?

"Cant pay on the day" - A pain in the arse no doubt but again, nothing to do with the club or the testimonial commetee. It's the old bill. We've known about this fixture for a long time now, i dont think ordering online / by phone / or in person is that much of a hardship over the summer.

"To expensive" - Really? Okay, some people may have to choose between this and perhaps and a ticket for a league game. But it's not bad value when you think you can attend this and Gerry Gow's game for less than the price of a league game.

"He doesnt deserve a testimonial" - Rubbish. It's been happening in football for decades and hopefully will continue to do so. As i understand it some of the money (if the game actually makes any) will be going to charity which is a gesture he doesnt have to make. The man spilt blood for this club time and again and is our 2nd highest apperance holder ffs. Most other clubs would be clamouring to have someone like that knighted. Not us.

All these excuses sound like the gas, "i'm not going and putting money in that shit heads pocket!" Bollocks, what about league fixtures? Wouldnt that same money be going into paying the wages of all the players?

At the end of the day, it's a Bristol derby! Who knows when, if ever, we will get to play them again? We should be showing our passion for our respective clubs not trotting out poor excuses not to go.

If im totally honest why were The Gas picked for LC, big game?

They are totally a non event as far as im concerened.

Ok, they will have their 1500 dozey f### wits ringing out "Irene" in the East End but why not a bigish Prem team down to Ashton Gate to honour the man and put 15,000 in the ground?

Rovers, who the @@@@ can get excited about about that in a pre season game?

I just dont get our fans sometimes. People bleet on about rubbish pre-season games, the lack of the derby and footballers not caring enough about their clubs. Here we have all 3 and yet people are coming up with poor excuses not to go.

"cant sit in the Eastend!" - So what? It's been well documented that the police dont want this game to happen and despite charging a fortune for the privillage they seemingly dont want to work for it by policing the eastend. It's not the clubs fault, or Carey's, or the Rovers. Its the police. It wouldnt be to hard for the eastend crew to buy tickets in the Williams or Dolman together. As someone said, do people really care more about which seat they sit in than honouring a great servant/enjoying a Bristol derby?

"Cant pay on the day" - A pain in the arse no doubt but again, nothing to do with the club or the testimonial commetee. It's the old bill. We've known about this fixture for a long time now, i dont think ordering online / by phone / or in person is that much of a hardship over the summer.

"To expensive" - Really? Okay, some people may have to choose between this and perhaps and a ticket for a league game. But it's not bad value when you think you can attend this and Gerry Gow's game for less than the price of a league game.

"He doesnt deserve a testimonial" - Rubbish. It's been happening in football for decades and hopefully will continue to do so. As i understand it some of the money (if the game actually makes any) will be going to charity which is a gesture he doesnt have to make. The man spilt blood for this club time and again and is our 2nd highest apperance holder ffs. Most other clubs would be clamouring to have someone like that knighted. Not us.

All these excuses sound like the gas, "i'm not going and putting money in that shit heads pocket!" Bollocks, what about league fixtures? Wouldnt that same money be going into paying the wages of all the players?

At the end of the day, it's a Bristol derby! Who knows when, if ever, we will get to play them again? We should be showing our passion for our respective clubs not trotting out poor excuses not to go.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:city: :city: :city: :city: :city:

BCAGFC

Very well put mate, top post !!

If im totally honest why were The Gas picked for LC, big game?

They are totally a non event as far as im concerened.

Ok, they will have their 1500 dozey f### wits ringing out "Irene" in the East End but why not a bigish Prem team down to Ashton Gate to honour the man and put 15,000 in the ground?

Rovers, who the @@@@ can get excited about about that in a pre season game?

He tried for Liverpool and Rangers but couldnt get them. It's hard to get a big prem team nowadays with all these money making tours all over the world. The best we could hope for is a Premership reserve team which would be worse than the Gash.

He tried for Liverpool and Rangers but couldnt get them. It's hard to get a big prem team nowadays with all these money making tours all over the world. The best we could hope for is a Premership reserve team which would be worse than the Gash.

He tried for Liverpool and Rangers but ended up with the Gas,

Taking the piss Surley

Loads other clubs would have been in with a shout?

I still say we will shift a lot of tickets next week. I know at least twenty people who want to go but haven't bothered to buy tickets yet. As we get closer to the day more and more tickets will be sold. I'm sticking with a gate of 10,000 plus.

If we were to sign a couple players next week you watch the negative ones on here. They will all want to go then ;)

Archived