IGNORED

Bristol City V St Johnstone Match Day Thread

class_not_gas

That's definitely not the worst result in the world. Seems to have highlighted were still frail at the back though.

It does, however Del knew this from the back end of last season which is why he's trying his best to solve the issue at CB.

Carey and Nyatanga at the back fills me with little hope, A good CB and Fontaine looks alot better.

That's definitely not the worst result in the world. Seems to have highlighted were still frail at the back though.

I did think we would lose considering it is our first game. Hopefully no injuries is the main thing.

Yannick the major threat today. Far better crosser of a ball than Albert. Gives the strikers a chance the way he whipped the crosses in. Tried 3 or 4 different formations today. Seeing that it was our first pre season game the majority of players were way off of the pace in the first 25 mins but grew into the game and probably finished the stronger.

If it is him, 23 goals in 100 games in League One doesn't strike me as impressive especially for a Striker.

Its not great but is a striker whos scored 60 in 80 games going to come to Bristol City. I certainly wouldnt. Sometimes its about coaches and managers spotting talent and improving a players performances and record. Different sport i know but Marcus Trescothick averaged 22 for somerset, he averaged over over 40 for England. Id love city to sign Ronaldo or Messi but we are a poor Champo club

Its not great but is a striker whos scored 60 in 80 games going to come to Bristol City. I certainly wouldnt. Sometimes its about coaches and managers spotting talent and improving a players performances and record. Different sport i know but Marcus Trescothick averaged 22 for somerset, he averaged over over 40 for England. Id love city to sign Ronaldo or Messi but we are a poor Champo club

60 goals in 80 games in league one at the age of 28 wouldn't get a move to the premier league and would most likely join a club in our division.

What is it with users with the name Jordan in them that immediately makes them a know it all, know nothing nause, with the compulsion to reply twenty times to each ******* topic?

Hang on, let me get those tissues for you.

Stop crying.

Edit: I have no idea where you get the 20 posts on every topic, There is a new topic on this forum every day I'd expect and I make about 2 to 5 posts a week apart from Saturdays due to working 50+ hours a week.

Guest willie pullar

Decent work out , would like to see a full saints v city game when both teams were fully fit , would be good game .

• Admin

Hang on, let me get those tissues for you.

Stop crying.

Edit: I have no idea where you get the 20 posts on every topic, There is a new topic on this forum every day I'd expect and I make about 2 to 5 posts a week apart from Saturdays due to working 50+ hours a week.

This forum is crying out for a BS filter.

Guest The Ghost of Jim Morton

Well that was interesting. Given Saints only fielded ONE first 11 player from our euro game, I fully expected Saints, from the alledgedly shite backwater and pile of rubbish that is Scottish football, would get humped by Bristol City from the all conquering championship, home of many high quality brazilianesque players.:facepalm: So what did I think?I thought the Robins were rotten and was very dissapointed by them. They do of course, have the valid excuse of this being their first friendly on the new season. Well it showed, big style.

If the championship is indeed the motherlode of quality that has been so often claimed, then this team will struggle all season.I wouldn't worry though all you Robins, as personally, I have never bought into the pish about our football being as bad as some of our neighbours would like us to believe. The gulf that is regularly talked about is simply not there. And this is even though the championship is a financial goldmine.So we can put that one to bed now ehicon_wink.gif

Thought the Saints players out there all did a decent job and fully deserved the victory and I actually enjoyed the game which is unusual for me and friendlies.

Was also great to meet up with all the City fans who came into the Barossa Street club. Smashing bunch of lads (Especially Rod Stewart look alike and a guy called Squeak who I could not understand. (not a word)laugh:icon_laugh.gif

Well that was interesting. Given Saints only fielded ONE first 11 player from our euro game, I fully expected Saints, from the alledgedly shite backwater and pile of rubbish that is Scottish football, would get humped by Bristol City from the all conquering championship, home of many high quality brazilianesque players. :facepalm: So what did I think?I thought the Robins were rotten and was very dissapointed by them. They do of course, have the valid excuse of this being their first friendly on the new season. Well it showed, big style.

If the championship is indeed the motherlode of quality that has been so often claimed, then this team will struggle all season.I wouldn't worry though all you Robins, as personally, I have never bought into the pish about our football being as bad as some of our neighbours would like us to believe. The gulf that is regularly talked about is simply not there. And this is even though the championship is a financial goldmine.So we can put that one to bed now ehicon_wink.gif

Thought the Saints players out there all did a decent job and fully deserved the victory and I actually enjoyed the game which is unusual for me and friendlies.

Was also great to meet up with all the City fans who came into the Barossa Street club. Smashing bunch of lads (Especially Rod Stewart look alike and a guy called Squeak who I could not understand. (not a word)laugh:icon_laugh.gif

Here come the excuses:

1) First Pre-season game

2) 4 or 5 of those players won't start for our first competitive game of the season

3) We are always rotten in pre-season

I never expected us to win but aslong as this has benefited the players with their fitness then it's all a worthy cause.

Here come the excuses:

1) First Pre-season game

2) 4 or 5 of those players won't start for our first competitive game of the season

3) We are always rotten in pre-season

I never expected us to win but aslong as this has benefited the players with their fitness then it's all a worthy cause.

I think you will realise my wee post was aimed at the OTIB posters , who around the time of Dels appointment , ripped the shit out of Scottish football and were keen to stress that it was equivilent in standard to league two.:whistle:

Seriously, when will people get it into their THICK sculls? Pre-season, especially when the team you are playing is miles ahead in their schedule, matters not a jot!!!! Torquay played us off the park last year. It's nothing to write home about!!!

Anyone remember Newcastle (who went on to win promotion by the way) getting tonked 6-1 at Leyton Orient??

Let them have there moment of glory and slate the Championship because it's clearly crap!! Everton drew with Morherwell the other night, does that mean the English prem isn't worth all the hype aswell?

I think you will realise my wee post was aimed at the OTIB posters , who around the time of Dels appointment , ripped the shit out of Scottish football and were keen to stress that it was equivilent in standard to league two. :whistle:

To be fair, we usually get beat by League Two teams in pre season anyway... ;)

Seriously, when will people get it into their THICK sculls? Pre-season, especially when the team you are playing is miles ahead in their schedule, matters not a jot!!!! Torquay played us off the park last year. It's nothing to write home about!!!

Anyone remember Newcastle (who went on to win promotion by the way) getting tonked 6-1 at Leyton Orient??

Let them have there moment of glory and slate the Championship because it's clearly crap!! Everton drew with Morherwell the other night, does that mean the English prem isn't worth all the hype aswell?

Oh you bite far to easily:fish: I never said the Championship was crap,( although you seem to have said that??) :thumbsup:

Scottish football is shit. When did you last have any success at international level? 1990? Not to mention the English. Considering the size of the population and the money in football it's nothing but a disaster.

Well if you wanna go by population, ours is only 5 million odd , so we do alright. Not really wanting to comment on English national fitba team as I am welcome on this board and don't want to spoil that.;)

Anyway, this is off topic..

Well if you wanna go by population, ours is only 5 million odd , so we do alright. Not really wanting to comment on English national fitba team as I am welcome on this board and don't want to spoil that.;)

Anyway, this is off topic..

Seems you are going to have a good catch to take home to the Mrs tonight Jim :)

Oh you bite far to easily:fish: I never said the Championship was crap,( although you seem to have said that??) :thumbsup:

What do you expect with the amount of shite spouted on here?

No need to be a wise ass either, you and I both know what you implied :-)

Well done today on a fabulous win over the mighty Bristol City!!! Go and celebrate the night away!!

Hi Jim,

was great to meet you and a few other of your fans in the MS, Will try to get to some other of your league matches if work/time allows. Enjoyed the match but could tell we were v rusty :laugh:, especially for your 1st goal.

I have no idea where you get the 20 posts on every topic, There is a new topic on this forum every day I'd expect and I make about 2 to 5 posts a week apart from Saturdays due to working 50+ hours a week.

Member since September 2011.

5218 posts.

That's more than a hundred posts a week?

Seems you are going to have a good catch to take home to the Mrs tonight Jim :)

Yes I chose to bite, I have to put up shit like this on a daily basis from Scottish fans - I tend to bite then too :-)

Member since September 2011.

5218 posts.

That's more than a hundred posts a week?

I've been back to work for 3 weeks which is what I was on about. Now my posting has dropped alot as I haven't got time apart from Saturdays.

I might even shut down my account when the season starts.

A post takes about 30 seconds to type if you aren't 70 and press a key every 2 minutes.

Thank god you are not gas. Webbed fingers would certainly impede.

Doesn't bother me how many people post. More things to worry about in life, such as my cider has run out

Thank god you are not gas. Webbed fingers would certainly impede.

Doesn't bother me how many people post. More things to worry about in life, such as my cider has run out

More things to worry about in my life also, I just find it rather funny how men who are probably atleast twice my age come across like people I went to school with.

Keep it up guys, I miss school so it's nice to feel like I am still there. Not aiming this at you TRL as I actually think you're a good laugh and a knowledgeable fan.

Guest BS35Red

More things to worry about in my life also, I just find it rather funny how men who are probably atleast twice my age come across like people I went to school with.

Keep it up guys, I miss school so it's nice to feel like I am still there. Not aiming this at you TRL as I actually think you're a good laugh and a knowledgeable fan.

So you were bullied and ridiculed at school too? Not surprised.

No worries, I do take the mick a bit, only harmless banter

I don't have a problem with anyone here, I disagree with opinions sometimes, but no problems with posters. Hey for all I know, I could be arguing a point with my dad! I don't have a clue who I'm chatting to :)

So you were bullied and ridiculed at school too? Not surprised.

I am bullied on here? Good one. If this is what you call bullying I dread to think how easy it would be for you to go running to your mother in tears.

This forum has no bullies. If it does then they need to up their game.

If we were playing your first team today, we would have got mullered - said as much in another thread.

So 1-2 against your reserves is about right at this stage.

A lot were trialists weren't they? Didn't even know one another, which is more worrying, as you wouldn't expect them to be fit either! :)

At the end of the day it is how we start the season, most of our good seasons were preceded by poor pre season results

What do you expect with the amount of shite spouted on here?

No need to be a wise ass either, you and I both know what you implied :-)

Well done today on a fabulous win over the mighty Bristol City!!! Go and celebrate the night away!!

After our European exploits and a trip to Turkey,coupled with non stop partying, I am way to tired tonight to celebrate. In fact, I am away to my bed. All this excitement is too much for this auld codger..

After our European exploits and a trip to Turkey,coupled with non stop partying, I am way to tired tonight to celebrate. In fact, I am away to my bed. All this excitement is too much for this auld codger..

I'm not surprised! best of luck next season!!

I'm not that bothered by pre-season results to be honest - as long as the performance levels are good. The last two seasons the approach and attitude from some players was disgraceful in pre-season games. Shite in fact. And that was taken into the season.

All I ask for is a professional approach to every game - will that happen ? Will it ****.

Thing I will be looking for this season, is to see if Del can instil some mental strength. What was most apparent to me last season, was the head dropping when we conceded. They looked beaten every time. If he can sort that attitude out, it will give us a chance to improve on last season.

Good to see you back on the City forum Jim. Thanks for the appraisal.

Seems Vine could be a real good signing. Wish you well for the season.

Can anyone at the game advise the starting 11 and the other players used. How did the new players fair. Was gutted I could't get shift swaps and include this in my holiday in Scotland

OTIB has hit a new low, slagging someone off for the amount of posts they make...

This forum is slowly becoming a complete waste of time! I only log on here to read about transfer rumours and find out a bit more about what's going on, but I spend more than half my time sifting through petty arguments based on ridiculous things like 'people with the name Jordan being know it alls'...

To keep this post relatively on topic I'm not at all surprised we got beat today, St Johnston are a decent little side and the team we put out was pretty poor.

I know that many of us on here do enjoy slagging other posters off and getting very personal, but if I may interrupt the vitriol for a moment, I would like to comment about the ghost of Jim Muir and his posts today.

First of all, when Derek was first rumoured to be joining us, ghost was one of a number of Saints fans who came on here and proved themselves to be excellent, dignified football people. We were taking a manager from them who was really taking them places, if the boot had been on the other foot, the saints forum would have been full of City fans saying words like 'Judas' and 'traitor' and 'mercenary'. What we got was a lot of Saints fans wishing Del and Doc good luck and saying that, whilst they previously hadn't given Bristol City a second thought, they would definitely follow our results from now on. As I say, there were quite a few Saints fans here at the time who were very welcome guests and I, for one, really enjoyed reading their contributions.

What they got in return was, for the most part, reciprocated. Many City fans engaged with our new Caledonian friends and a very nice community started on here. The ghost of Jim Muir was very much in the vanguard of all ths and I, for one, always made sure I read his (you are a male Ghost, yes?) posts.

Unfortunately, Ghost and the other Saints posters on here would have read a small but noisy minority of Otib posters slagging off the SPL, Scottish football and ( thankfully, only rarely), Scotland itself. This was, at best, disingenuous and, more likely, totally lacking in class.

Consequently ghost may I say this to you and your fellow Saintees.

Most of us here on Otib really like the fact that you guys come on here and talk to us

Most of us don't think it is big or clever to show an abject lack of respect to another club, especially when the supporters of that club are showing such class themselves.

Many of us would like to see a regular fixture between our sides, (Home and Away would be cool). I feel a kinship with St J ( and, indeed, with Perth) because of all that has gone on.

So, after having to read all the "SPL is about as good as an English under 9's girls team" (SR exaggerates for effect) nonsense that was posted here last October, I think Ghost is more than entitled to come back and have a gentle dig at us. The championship is a good league and we have hopes of consolidating and becoming a more than decent team in that league but let's not think that that means that everything else is rubbish. Because if we do, then we might get beaten by a team from said rubbish league, and some of their fans may feel the need to one back and give us all a friendly "we beat you...but you said we were crap" comment.

So Ghost, let me try to respond to you with some of the class that you and your colleagues have shown on this forum in the past.

Well done St Johnstone. All the best in the Europa League and the SPL. I guess first place is a foregone conclusion but, with Rangers gone, second place, and the Champions League must be the target for 2012/13. I, for one, hope you make it.

Go Saints

Most of us here on Otib really like the fact that you guys come on here and talk to us

Most of us don't think it is big or clever to show an abject lack of respect to another club, especially when the supporters of that club are showing such class themselves.

Many of us would like to see a regular fixture between our sides, (Home and Away would be cool). I feel a kinship with St J ( and, indeed, with Perth) because of all that has gone on.

So Ghost, let me try to respond to you with some of the class that you and your colleagues have shown on this forum in the past.

Well done St Johnstone. All the best in the Europa League and the SPL. I guess first place is a foregone conclusion but, with Rangers gone, second place, and the Champions League must be the target for 2012/13. I, for one, hope you make it.

Go Saints

Well said. And may I say I would have loved to have been back in perth today, proud Englishman and Bristolian that I am I would have been kilted for the event. This Bristolian loves Scotland its beauty is beyond words. I had hoped to get swaps and go to the game and do Ben Lawers before heading north for my planned holiday hill walking. Love Perth too having seen Runrig and Wolfstone there on a few occasions. I too add my best wishes to the Saintees, Some of my best friends are Saintees.....hehehe, and i am being serious in fact.

I am bullied on here? Good one. If this is what you call bullying I dread to think how easy it would be for you to go running to your mother in tears.

Just when the "banter" couldn't get any worse.

You have to laugh at how much better some City supporters think we are compared to the Scottish teams, and at the same time slag our players off because their S***.

I think the Scots on here have enough intelligence to know you get some idiots on every teams forum.

I'm not that bothered by pre-season results to be honest - as long as the performance levels are good. The last two seasons the approach and attitude from some players was disgraceful in pre-season games. Shite in fact. And that was taken into the season.

All I ask for is a professional approach to every game - will that happen ? Will it ****.

Well at least we're consistent. We looked sh!te in this friendly, according to most observers. :shocking:

The only way is up, and all that - unless of course we look dreadful all through pre-season and we can then commence our usual appalling start to league games....

On a positive, it sounded like Bolasie had a good game.

McInnes seems to rate him quite highly. He gave him a fair few opportunities when he came un last season and I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit more of him this season.

Good to see you back on the City forum Jim. Thanks for the appraisal.

Seems Vine could be a real good signing. Wish you well for the season.

Cheers, and the same to you Robins. I have had my big sleep and am shortly heading out into the beautiful morning sunshine for 18 holes of golf. My golf will make you guys performance yerterday look like you were Barcelona :crying:

I know that many of us on here do enjoy slagging other posters off and getting very personal, but if I may interrupt the vitriol for a moment, I would like to comment about the ghost of Jim Muir and his posts today.

First of all, when Derek was first rumoured to be joining us, ghost was one of a number of Saints fans who came on here and proved themselves to be excellent, dignified football people. We were taking a manager from them who was really taking them places, if the boot had been on the other foot, the saints forum would have been full of City fans saying words like 'Judas' and 'traitor' and 'mercenary'. What we got was a lot of Saints fans wishing Del and Doc good luck and saying that, whilst they previously hadn't given Bristol City a second thought, they would definitely follow our results from now on. As I say, there were quite a few Saints fans here at the time who were very welcome guests and I, for one, really enjoyed reading their contributions.

What they got in return was, for the most part, reciprocated. Many City fans engaged with our new Caledonian friends and a very nice community started on here. The ghost of Jim Muir was very much in the vanguard of all ths and I, for one, always made sure I read his (you are a male Ghost, yes?) posts.

Unfortunately, Ghost and the other Saints posters on here would have read a small but noisy minority of Otib posters slagging off the SPL, Scottish football and ( thankfully, only rarely), Scotland itself. This was, at best, disingenuous and, more likely, totally lacking in class.

Consequently ghost may I say this to you and your fellow Saintees.

So, after having to read all the "SPL is about as good as an English under 9's girls team" (SR exaggerates for effect) nonsense that was posted here last October, I think Ghost is more than entitled to come back and have a gentle dig at us. The championship is a good league and we have hopes of consolidating and becoming a more than decent team in that league but let's not think that that means that everything else is rubbish. Because if we do, then we might get beaten by a team from said rubbish league, and some of their fans may feel the need to one back and give us all a friendly "we beat you...but you said we were crap" comment.

Go Saints

I vote this as OTIB post of the year..( but then I would :facepalm: ) Oh and yes I am a bloke ( but it's Jim Morton not Muir. that's my real name Muir not Jim.OMG I have been outted :fear: )

Cheers bud.

Guest StJohnny

Video highlights of the game and interview with DM on YouTube:

Best wishes for the new season. I hope its a great one for City!!

Watching the highlights it seems we're not very sharp. Hardly surprising for our first Pre-season fixture, and i certainly wouldn't read into it any more than that. We had a few shots blocked and a couple of good saves were made from Taylor and Pitman(? I think) and Carey poked just wide. Nothing major to worry about. Match sharpness is what this friendly was about and hopefully the lads can build on that over the next couple of games up there.

Archived