IGNORED

Why Aren't You Going Tomorrow? (Tuesday)

_Bristol-City_

Obviously this only applies to people who have avoided the home tie to Gillingham so far.

Is it because of past experiences with the cup?

Working?

Money?

Boring game & no interest in the cup?

What if we magically made it to the 3rd round and got UTD at home. Would you pitch up then?

Can see a 4/5k most tomorrow, so it just interests me why people boycott games like this

Obviously this only applies to people who have avoided the home tie to Gillingham so far.

Is it because of past experiences with the cup?

Working?

Money?

Boring game & no interest in the cup?

What if we magically made it to the 3rd round and got UTD at home. Would you pitch up then?

Can see a 4/5k most tomorrow, so it just interests me why people boycott games like this

I'm undecided largely because I don't like the Williams Stand nor the Wedlocks. If the Atyeo or Dolman was open then I'd definitely go and watch.

I would usually go, would hate to miss any game but..

It may only be £10 but that doesn't account for travel, I've put the money towards Forest away instead.

Whilst it may be a different matter under Del, our league cup form is atrocious.

Plus, not keen on it being first game of season - to me has a pre-sason feel.

I might pitch up if we got Utd in 3rd round.

I presume you will be there...hope you see a good win.

Guest sportingmad0209

I would usually go, would hate to miss any game but..

It may only be £10 but that doesn't account for travel, I've put the money towards Forest away instead.

Whilst it may be a different matter under Del, our league cup form is atrocious.

Plus, not keen on it being first game of season - to me has a pre-sason feel.

I might pitch up if we got Utd in 3rd round.

I presume you will be there...hope you see a good win.

Can't do it all... Got three little mouths to fill at home (and one big one)!

Reasons are swindon, crawley, sheff weds, southend, crewe and carlilse.

Be there for the league games but until the team show an appitite for the cup i'll stick to league games.

we had crap managers for the last two to be fair

I'm undecided largely because I don't like the Williams Stand nor the Wedlocks. If the Atyeo or Dolman was open then I'd definitely go and watch.

I agree with this. If we could have sat in our normal seats in the Dolman I would have driven the gang from Taunton for the match. Having suffered the misery of sitting in the Williams - I have vowed "never again"! It's a pity because we usually go to every home match and a reasonable number of away games.

Gillingham aren't a great pull ..

but maybe if the team actually turn up for an early round cup match for once then perhaps the fans would too. However I'll be there.

I'd much prefer a regional mini league format instead of early rounds though,

so at least there would be some derbies against Gas, Swindon, Cheltenham and Yeovil plus Plymouth, Torquay, Exeter.

Would be closer to travel midweek to away games too.

Guest Rowley Birkin

What's the point?

It's become a complete waste of everyone's time and money.

If they scab through the first couple of rounds and draw a Premier side, they'll promptly fill it with their youngsters and fringe players.

It's depressing enough to know the massive gap in class that prevails, without being embarrassed to a bunch of 16 year olds on £10,000 a week, who play you off the park!

Stick it up yer money grabbing arses!

I can't go because of a working commitment made before they put a date to this fixture.

If I was in the West Country I'd go.

Missed the friendlies and would have liked to see the team in action before the season proper begins.

I'm going :innocent06:

Mainly because I also went to the Swindon cup game last year and I want to make sure we are not as dire as that night.

If we play "Utd" in the semi-final I hope that I get first dibs on the tickets and all you fair weather part timers fail to get tickets. :whistle2:

This is a game where you'd want to stand in the Park End and catch what sunshine is available.

However I don't have a 1980s time machine nor haircut, but I do have a 19 stone mass, and I don't think I'd fit in to a 1950's wooden seat/1990's cheapo plastic seat that is the standard fayre on the wrong side of the pitch. If I did, I reckon I wouldn't want to look through all them stantions. And don't even ask me about sitting with the kiddies in the East End....

If they open the Atyeo up as overflow then I'm there..

If fans in the eastend were saying "im not going as i cant sit in my seat", they get slated on here, time and time again.

When when it hits other fans, then its acceptable not to go.

Because I broke a long standing habit last year and attended a first round match against Swindle last year.

One of the most abject City performances I had ever had the misfortune to witness(despite the modest score line), strangely, a worse performance than the Cardiff drubbing.

My Mrs usually works on Tuesday evenings and the sprog sitter is on her holibobs. My eldest won't watch City as he's a blue nosed, glory hunting Chelsea supporting little git! I even tried bribing him!

I will be at Forest on Saturday tho and dearly want City to win tomorrow night.

340 mile round trip on a tuesday night for a league cup game aint gonna happen to watch gillingham at home, plus saving my money up for 2 skiing trips this winter so rather put £50+ towards that than 1st round of the cup.

I feel these early games/freindlies/ first round games should be included in the season ticket price as many clubs do, hence the reason I dont go to these or any early rounds of cup competitions, and hence the reason there is a very low turn out to watch, especially when all through the season they give offers to non season ticket holders to see games at reduced prices, kinda takes the P***, or am I out of order? :fastasleep:

Guest leetrundlesrightfoot

im going, mainly because im quite local, and its been a long summer, hoping for a 2nd round tie at least. great point made about making this game free for season ticket holders- with our recent cup record, surely they could add to the season ticket 1/2 carling cup games as the crowd is always low. i despise sitting int he williams, due to the pillars ect, but hoping for a win, and 2 new signings to be paraded at HT!!

It's £20 once you have had a pint and a bite to eat which at this point with me being the only decent wage earner due to having a 18 month old kid is better spent on the mini bus to Leicester!!

Pick and choose all my games these days do if we did pull utd in the cup I would be there like a shot and would not feel guilty either!! Been to about 65 grounds watching city so would never class myself as a part time or glory supporter, I've done my bit in recent years and im sure I will in the future!!

I agree with this. If we could have sat in our normal seats in the Dolman I would have driven the gang from Taunton for the match. Having suffered the misery of sitting in the Williams - I have vowed "never again"! It's a pity because we usually go to every home match and a reasonable number of away games.

Same for me. Football is supposed to be in the entertainment business (though sometimes difficult to believe!). City should give the customers what they want – i.e. some want to sit in the Dolman or Atyeo. IMO what City save by only using 2 stands will be less than the amount lost from some fans not attending.

You mean it may not be POTD?

I don't know the club normally say on the day before if it is don't they. Only worry that it wouldn't be if they were worried the williams would overfil if it was potd but can't see that happening. There is another thread asking about it which I just noticed. My fault for leaving the tickets to last minute

saving my money up for 2 skiing trips this winter so rather put £50+ towards that than 1st round of the cup.

Hard life innit!

Hard life innit!

It is this season, gonna cut the football down this year. Went to 30 games last season but started to lose interest, only thing i want to do this season is Rotherham, York & Fleetwood to get back to 92 grounds and P'boro away. Will do a few other games but this winter I want to head to Canada and Europe skiing instead of football.

I'd much prefer a regional mini league format instead of early rounds though,

so at least there would be some derbies against Gas, Swindon, Cheltenham and Yeovil plus Plymouth, Torquay, Exeter.

Would be closer to travel midweek to away games too.

I think this is a great idea - 20 groups of 4 teams, seeded, winner qualifies for the next round. If you had semi-finals at a neutral venue, would mean less matches for the teams in Europe. If you had regional "pools" of either 5x16, 4x12 (+ 2x16) or 10x8 teams, you would keep it a little varied, but also create a feel a bit like the 6 nations, playing the same teams more often. There would also be a one in three chance of playing the Gas every season in a competitive game ****il they got relegated out of the football league). I think it would really re-invigorate the cup.

Having said that, I'm not going because I live in London. I'd be going tomorrow night otherwise.

Have kept turning up for the 1st round cup games for the last few seasons and have witnessed some abysmal and inexcusable performances against lower league opposition as others have mentioned.

Now I'm obviously hoping this game will be different with Del at the helm. Me and Mrs Brizzle were ready to turn up as usual, but after finding we can't pay online and get it added to our season ticket seats in the Atyeo, we'll be giving it a miss. I really can't take this game that seriously, if the club are treating it in the same way as they do a friendly.

My problem is, my wife and I chose to get season tickets in the Atyeo, which we've had for a few years now. To be told by the club that we can't in our chosen seats, and instead have to watch the match in a ground empty on two sides, doesn't give me that much confidence that the club taking this game any more seriously than in the last few years.

So, my money will staying in my pocket until I'm able to watch a game from the seat of my choice and can feel fairly confident the club are taking the game seriously.

Archived