IGNORED

Curtis Jones

Matt Gee

CurtisJones.jpg

The Manchester-born centre-half arrived from Stockport in the summer of 2009 as a 15-year-old and became a regular in the Under-17s team. Injuries held him back at the start of the 2010/11 campaign and he was unlucky to miss the Youth Cup final win after suffering concussion in training. Jones was included in Neil Lennon's squad for the friendly against Athletic Bilbao and came on as a substitute.

I don't think a 19 year old development player really counts as a meaningful signing...

who say's he's here for the devlopment squad, could be here to be this season's caulker for all we know,

Need to wait for the offical club line but I doubt we'd of taken him if he isn't going to feature at some point

Didn't the club say that our development squad was too small and it needed bolstering for the U21 league?.

BCAGFC

I'd imagine it is precisely that. But we don't take players on to just fill a slot in the u21 squad (not saying that you necessarily said this), he'll have potential that Willie McStay is probably very aware of.

I'd imagine it is precisely that. But we don't take players on to just fill a slot in the u21 squad (not saying that you necessarily said this), he'll have potential that Willie McStay is probably very aware of.

http://www.thisisbri...tail/story.html

-McStay ex Celtic

-Newly created under 21 reserve league

-We are short on development squad players

with the cost cutting going on we wouldn't bring a lad down from celtic just to make up numbers surely,

anyway lets wait and see with this one

Guest ron10bc

Didn't the club say that our development squad was too small and it needed bolstering for the U21 league?.

BCAGFC

If that's the case I'm hoping when del boy said we have a few deals imminent this wasn't one of them we need 1st team players

How come this kid is announcing his own signing? Media department won't be happy. Or is this a result of media cuts... Do yer own PR!

Anyway welcome Curtis!!

The Media budget has been slashed as well, cutting back on a lot of things.

BCAGFC

http://www.thisisbri...tail/story.html

-McStay ex Celtic

-Newly created under 21 reserve league

-We are short on development squad players

Great news we have made it to category 2 and from that artictle sounds if reserve team will get a lot better quality games to have a better chance to see if youngsters can make the step up to the squad.

Also good that the games held at Ashton Gate will be free for season ticket holders just typical that this is the same night as my 5 a side team!

Guest WeAlwaysBelieve!

Yep, he's removed it. He's also removed his bio which actually stated he played for Bristol City, Emad Moteab situation again? But instead of playing without permission he has released he has signed without permission? Or maybe he was hacked?

Guest WeAlwaysBelieve!

Yep, he's removed it. He's also removed his bio which actually stated he played for Bristol City, Emad Moteab situation again? But instead of playing without permission he has released he has signed without permission? Or maybe he was hacked?

He replied to a couple of tweets 4 days ago from people congratulating him for his move. Also he posted a picture 2 days ago of him playing in a match wearing our home kit. The other team are wearing claret and blue but don't recognise it. I suspect the club have asked him to remove the bits that he has deleted.

He replied to a couple of tweets 4 days ago from people congratulating him for his move. Also he posted a picture 2 days ago of him playing in a match wearing our home kit. The other team are wearing claret and blue but don't recognise it. I suspect the club have asked him to remove the bits that he has deleted.

It's Weymouth. Our kids played them a few weeks ago, same day as the gow game,

• Admin

:) good

Based on what ?

Never played for the Celtic first team, was signed as part of a deal where a few youth players went from Stockport to Celtic.

Was released from Celtic as he was constantly injured !

In no way can he be compared to Caulker, Caulker had just been player of the year after playing a full season at Yeovil and was still to be retained by Tottenham.

Will wait to change opinion, certainly not in the McManus / Bikey mold

Based on what ?

Never played for the Celtic first team, was signed as part of a deal where a few youth players went from Stockport to Celtic.

Was released from Celtic as he was constantly injured !

In no way can he be compared to Caulker, Caulker had just been player of the year after playing a full season at Yeovil and was still to be retained by Tottenham.

Will wait to change opinion, certainly not in the McManus / Bikey mold

Haha where did I compare him to Caulker? We've got a player on a free transfer which is what we need for our development squad to survive. That's why its good.

Let's give the guy a chance huh

Chris Smalling went from Maidstone to Fulham and it didn't stop him doing well and signing for Man United

Sometimes talent can be seen from unlikely places.

Lets hope it's from the stands!

Archived