IGNORED

Lets Hope Tonight Was A Sign Of Things To Come.

Robbored

Not!

Deja vue or what?

This time last season Swindon turned City over in a very similar fashion to the way the Gills did tonight. They played well, were determined and committed and defended as if their lives depended on it. Credit where credits due.

That said City didn't really cope with Gillinghams. 'in yer face' style. Too many poor passes made under pressure, very little penetration and only Woolford had a decent chance to score at 0-0. Gills were launching long throws into the City box and the defence looked decidedly fragile and eventually conceded a penalty after Gerkin spilled a shot leading to a goal mouth scramble right on half-time.

Second half was marginally better but still lacking that final bit of class around the Gills box who eventually nicked another pretty much on the break. Bolasie came on an looked the best of a sorry bunch. Pitman had a header scratched off for a dodgy off side.

Elliots late goal was a consolation nothing more.

My early season optimism has vanished already. Dominant centre half desperately required.

I like a bet, I saw Gillingham were 5/1 to win. I thought, no we will be different this year.

I wish I put my house deposit money down on it.

Why do i keep showing faith in city.

Guest Ashton Fred

Second Gillingham goal. From a corner, the entire City team in our own penalty area. Three gills players outfield in case we break away, plus their keeper. 11 Championship players v 7 League 2 players. Result 0-2. Sign of things to come. That was bad, VERY BAD, looks like I've wasted £400 again.

Archived