IGNORED

Things I Did Enjoy From The Gillingham Game

Harry

Ok, so last night was a pretty dire one and the forum is once again a hive of activity, with opinions flying everywhere (by Christ we needed it, if just to get that Baldock/Buzacky thread off the first page!!)

I've calmed down a bit and sincerely hope this was just an off day and that Saturday will be a whole lot better. Although I do still genuinely believe Nyatanga is fortunate to call himself a Championship footballer.

Anyway, on a lighter note, although the view was awful I quite enjoyed last night sat in the lower Williams. Things I saw that I probably wouldn't have done from the East End :

1) Bolasie's amateur attempt at a dive.

2) Taking the mick out of their midget full back for not retreating 10 yards.

3) Helping the ball boy in the Dolman try to locate the match ball.

4) The bloke near me getting increasingly frustrated, shouting "If we get a striker we'll win this league" and then seemingly at the end of his tether dragged his daughter out 5 minutes into the 2nd half! I think she wanted to stay Pops.

5) The large Kentish lady hanging around at the away end/Williams divide at half time, desperately trying to find a striking young Bristol boy to chat up.

6) The overwhelming joy of the remaining Red Hordes when 6 minutes was put up on the board! Seriously - we were hoping to go home as soon as we could!

Anyone else with anything remotely enjoyable from last night? Please share - we need to take our minds off the football!!

Anyone else with anything remotely enjoyable from last night? Please share - we need to take our minds off the football!!

Bolasie and a Gillingham defender paying catch with the ball. They both must have handled it twice but neither the linesman or ref took any notice.

Having said that, the linesman didn't take notice of much.

I enjoyed watching the same sh!t officials we get year in year out. Truely woeful. This respect scheme is a shambles. How can anyone respect such god awful officials. The most dire amateur officiating within a professional sport.

Also i reeeaally enjoyed sitting infront of the press box, kness jammed against seat infront, wedged next to the fat bloke sat next to me with the tv gantry blocking a lot of view!! By christ, it was a tenner, but how anyone can call sitting in there worthwhile is beyond me!! I reckon the only comfort could be the chance of giving the directors a few verbals just a few seats away!!!

Not sure how much extra i pay for the dolman but i sure think the 'luxury' is worth it!!

I reckon a new ground woulsnt go amiss.......

yes had a few sexy belgian beers in the colston yard and nice walk to the gate, was lucky to have a rather attracrive lady close by, sadly she was also looking for a young bristolian, she should now this old dog still has some life in him. A nice walk to the barley mow before getting picked up and taken home. Belgian beer at 8 per cent is a great sedative and i am sure my 90 minutes with said lady was fantastic. What was the score

Ok, so last night was a pretty dire one and the forum is once again a hive of activity, with opinions flying everywhere (by Christ we needed it, if just to get that Baldock/Buzacky thread off the first page!!)

I've calmed down a bit and sincerely hope this was just an off day and that Saturday will be a whole lot better. Although I do still genuinely believe Nyatanga is fortunate to call himself a Championship footballer.

Anyway, on a lighter note, although the view was awful I quite enjoyed last night sat in the lower Williams. Things I saw that I probably wouldn't have done from the East End :

1) Bolasie's amateur attempt at a dive.

2) Taking the mick out of their midget full back for not retreating 10 yards.

3) Helping the ball boy in the Dolman try to locate the match ball.

4) The bloke near me getting increasingly frustrated, shouting "If we get a striker we'll win this league" and then seemingly at the end of his tether dragged his daughter out 5 minutes into the 2nd half! I think she wanted to stay Pops.

5) The large Kentish lady hanging around at the away end/Williams divide at half time, desperately trying to find a striking young Bristol boy to chat up.

6) The overwhelming joy of the remaining Red Hordes when 6 minutes was put up on the board! Seriously - we were hoping to go home as soon as we could!

At the corner which led to their second goal, Stoney Garnett shouted " Get a player up on the half way line, we're 1-0 down FFS , at the exact moment the ball went in the net.

Guest RedTilDead

My highlight (singular) was being treated with contempt by a steward for suggesting I was not entirely satisfied with the fact that my seats were occupied and the replacements offered enabled me to see less than 50% of the pitch.

Bolasie and a Gillingham defender paying catch with the ball. They both must have handled it twice but neither the linesman or ref took any notice.

Having said that, the linesman didn't take notice of much.

Ha ha, yeah I remember that one - most enjoyable. Both officials only 10 yards from it and neither spotted 4 handballs!!

Will they no longer give me burns on my hands that will lasted the best part of two days?

No they are still stupidly hot, but when I left it for a while to cool down, I thought "wow that actually tastes quite nice"

yes had a few sexy belgian beers in the colston yard and nice walk to the gate, was lucky to have a rather attracrive lady close by, sadly she was also looking for a young bristolian, she should now this old dog still has some life in him. A nice walk to the barley mow before getting picked up and taken home. Belgian beer at 8 per cent is a great sedative and i am sure my 90 minutes with said lady was fantastic. What was the score

Well done sir. First time I've heard Belgian beer described as 'sexy'. Most of the Belgian blondes I've had could certainly not be described as such!

My highlight (singular) was being treated with contempt by a steward for suggesting I was not entirely satisfied with the fact that my seats were occupied and the replacements offered enabled me to see less than 50% of the pitch.

Less than 50%. Count yourself lucky my good man. Surely one of the best seats in the house.

Archived