IGNORED

Empty Stadiums

Watching The Football League show and Match of the Day I noticed many stadiums had empty seats especially Birmingham and Leeds who are supposedly meant to do well this year yet Barnsley filled out most of their stadium.

Im just hoping that AG is full to the top on tuesday and we get rewarded with a nice easy 3 points

You'd prob expect the Leeds att. to be down, 3rd season in this league plus anti Bates sentiment. Brum will get bigger gates as the season progresses. Barnsley only had 12K, not exactly filling Oakwell.

Will be interesting to see the opening home attendances of the three relegated teams after their poor results yesterday.

The average fan is being priced out of it unfortunately. People are prioritising their disposable income accordingly and it's so expensive to go these days.

Spent some time in Germany as I do most years, and tickets for Budesliga games start at 10 Euro's, right up to 100 Euro's, with great incentives for the family. The fans there simply won't put up with extortionate prices. The premier league says in order to bring the best players in the world to our clubs and to generate the salaries required prices must be what they are. Well, that's moot point I suppose.

I personally believe the Bundesliga is a higher skill level, but not quite so physical but you still get exciting games, and, in my opinion far better value for money, given that you can get a beer during the game and the facilities are for the most part, excellent.

People I speak to say that they won't go to watch City regularly because of the poor value for money in terms of facilities and catering etc.

The new stadium impacts on so many facets of the club's existence that you can see why it is crucial for our long term future.

Watching The Football League show and Match of the Day I noticed many stadiums had empty seats especially Birmingham and Leeds who are supposedly meant to do well this year yet Barnsley filled out most of their stadium.

Im just hoping that AG is full to the top on tuesday and we get rewarded with a nice easy 3 points

To be fair to Leeds the side opposite the main camera position always looks fairly empty, They had 23000+ against Wolves for a tv game in a ground with a 37.5K capacity. Not too bad, and I'd settle for their attendance any day. We'll gross just over that when you combine Tuesday night and Saturday's crowds.

I think its time maybe for a super league top half dozen clubs in England taking there super chairmen and super managers and mostly foriegn imports, and bogging off elsewhere to a euro/world series.

Leave us to proper football played by footballers not on £200,000 a week and know just how much the clubs fans love the area/club they support.

To much is being taken by journey men out to get what they can then move on. They earn rediculous money and keep any promising youngsters out of the teams.

Is our national game really that much better now with 20-30m plus transfers? no imo only players/agents pockets are.

Bring back the import limit of 2/3 foriegn players it will level the playing field and give all clubs a fairer chance, not just those with the richest backers.

In 20 years ticket prices have gone up 1000% and going by this survey 9 out of 10 people think ticket prices are too much.

http://www.goal.com/...es-are-too-high

Twenty years ago is more or less when Fever Pitch was written.The book contains a passage where Nick Hornby complains about normal fans being priced out of the game because the cost of his trips to Highbury to watch Arsenal has risen to (wait for it)..............£8 - and this includes his train fare!

Archived