IGNORED

Foster Or Wilson?

You Do The Dziekanowski

I was comparing the two via strengths and weaknesses and this is what i came up with

Foster

+ Offers Adomah support with overlapping runs

+ Movement to get the ball

+ Crossing, its not the best, but he can put it in the box

- Struggles in a aerial battle

- Defensive Intelleigence, can get caught out with through balls

- Dribbling, he often has to play a one-two or kick and hope to get past an opponent

Wilson

+ Defensive Inteligence, reads the game well

+ Tackling, very strong in a tackle

+ Passing

- Again weak in the air

- Too defensive rarely offers AA support or Overlap

- Crossing, he failed to beat the first man on a couple of occasions vs Baadiff

So they even each other out, so i was thinking if you could play Wilson in the centre and Foster out wide

Feel free to criticise my points and add other strengths or weaknesses.

I've only seen Wilson once this season, up at Barnsley, and didn't think he played particularly well. Saw Foster against Palace and Blackburn and he was very good in both games, certainly one of our better players on Saturday and seems to link up well with Albert.

I was comparing the two via strengths and weaknesses and this is what i came up with

Foster

+ Offers Adomah support with overlapping runs

+ Movement to get the ball

+ Crossing, its not the best, but he can put it in the box

- Struggles in a aerial battle

- Defensive Intelleigence, can get caught out with through balls

- Dribbling, he often has to play a one-two or kick and hope to get past an opponent

Wilson

+ Defensive Inteligence, reads the game well

+ Tackling, very strong in a tackle

+ Passing

- Again weak in the air

- Too defensive rarely offers AA support or Overlap

- Crossing, he failed to beat the first man on a couple of occasions vs Baadiff

So they even each other out, so i was thinking if you could play Wilson in the centre and Foster out wide

Feel free to criticise my points and add other strengths or weaknesses.

Did Foster actually overlap at any stage on Saturday? He threatens to do so, but I can't remember whether he actually did. I find Foster the most frustrating of players. He seems to scamper down the wing, but as soon as he sees an opponent he skids to a stop, turns round and passes the ball backwards. Give me Wilson (actually, either of them) any day.

well in my head

Foster - attacking fullback

Wilson - defensive fullback

I generally prefer Wilson though from what i've saw of him, has a certain quality about him and feel alot safer with him at RB, although both players have their own respective positive/negative traits.

You mention playing Wilson in the center but you have also mentioned he is weak in the air surely that's a no go from the start ?

Yes I was waiting for someone to pick up on that what i meant is he doesnt have the accuracy on a header he wins the ball but heads it to no-one, but think he could do an alright job as centre-back as he can read the game well and will only head head it when he feels it is neccesary.

Correct, that reminds me when was the last time we scored from a corner? from a head or volley not one that gets cleared then we have a shot and it goes in.

We NEVER score from corners!! Last one I can remember is Caulker vs QPR... Or was there an Elliot one this season (that may have been in the cup though)

Wilson is the better full back overall although Foster is stronger in some attributes e.g. pace. Like the striking situation at the moment it is great to have options. Anyone who seriously thinks that Wilson is a centre back option in anything other than an emergency is sadly deluded. I am glad to have both men in the squad and of course Wilson and Foster can also operate at left back if Greg gets injured and/or suspended at any time.

Archived