IGNORED

Liverpool V Man U

Carey 6

Yeah, because that's what I said. Idiot.

No, you implied that a football match in which people weren't utter ******* towards each other was by 'boring'. By extension, you must be for a football match where everyone is as wankerish as possible toward one another. The most wankerish act at a football match in my life time was Heysel, ergo you would prefer a football-watching environment where people die

French connection man u...French connection liverpool, french connection all you twunts with opinions about either..french connection off

I have no particular interest in these 2 clubs, but as a football fan I don't have a problem with them being discussed on here.

It doesn't matter how much money they've got, how many trophies they've won, how many 'fans' they've got in Bristol, Ireland, Asia, or wherever, if you're a Bristol City fan then in your heart it makes no difference - City will always be a superior club.

We've shown that on the pitch more than once in the past as well - younger fans would do well to remember that Bristol City have been victorious against the likes of Liverpool, Man. Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. The satisfaction those triumphs gave true City fans could never be understood by non committted Bristolians who bask in the reflected glory of their chosen far away PL teams who they have no genuine connection with whatsoever.

We've got about 10- 12,000 diehard regular fans and that's about all we've ever had in the past 40 years and all we'll ever have, no matter how much success or how big and fancy the stadium.

The others will be fly by night hangers on ready to desert City to follow the 'big 6' again at the first sign of City faltering, or even actually supporting the likes of Man. Utd. or Liverpool when we play them at AG.

I'm more than happy to be part of a relatively small band of passionate Bristol City followers who have, and always will, support BCFC whatever their fortunes, and I'm not looking for The AG crowd to be swelled, but diluted, by people who don't really care.

City fans, however much we might moan, know deep down we've got something special at Ashton Gate. We should hold our heads up high and envy no one.

Up the City.

LFC do themselves no favours yet again, whinging about Suarez now.

Maybe it was a penalty on sunday but it took about 8 or so so replays plus sky's technology to enlarge the contact to actually decide it may have been a penalty, instead of whinging at referee's who have seen ample evidence of this horrible little cheat, perhaps they should actually tell him to stop going down so easily and as he did on sunday adding the theatrical throwing back of the head, triple salko, camel spin, piked entry with a tucked landing and multiple forward rolls.

and perhaps Rogers should have been more in control of his club to make sure that they actually signed the striker that they obviously desperately need before allowing Carroll to leave and then perhaps hitting the post so many times and not getting dubious penalties wouldn't matter so much.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2208128/Luis-Suarez-cheat-says-Steven-Gerrard-Glen-Johnson.html

I have no particular interest in these 2 clubs, but as a football fan I don't have a problem with them being discussed on here.

It doesn't matter how much money they've got, how many trophies they've won, how many 'fans' they've got in Bristol, Ireland, Asia, or wherever, if you're a Bristol City fan then in your heart it makes no difference - City will always be a superior club.

We've shown that on the pitch more than once in the past as well - younger fans would do well to remember that Bristol City have been victorious against the likes of Liverpool, Man. Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. The satisfaction those triumphs gave true City fans could never be understood by non committted Bristolians who bask in the reflected glory of their chosen far away PL teams who they have no genuine connection with whatsoever.

We've got about 10- 12,000 diehard regular fans and that's about all we've ever had in the past 40 years and all we'll ever have, no matter how much success or how big and fancy the stadium.

The others will be fly by night hangers on ready to desert City to follow the 'big 6' again at the first sign of City faltering, or even actually supporting the likes of Man. Utd. or Liverpool when we play them at AG.

I'm more than happy to be part of a relatively small band of passionate Bristol City followers who have, and always will, support BCFC whatever their fortunes, and I'm not looking for The AG crowd to be swelled, but diluted, by people who don't really care.

City fans, however much we might moan, know deep down we've got something special at Ashton Gate. We should hold our heads up high and envy no one.

Up the City.

Well said Noggers, the way I see it, we have it all to come, being a Liverpool ManC Chelsea fan must be a pretty dull time, allways expecting to win, trying to emulate past glories

History is irrelivent,

Guest Otter1991

No, you implied that a football match in which people weren't utter ******* towards each other was by 'boring'. By extension, you must be for a football match where everyone is as wankerish as possible toward one another. The most wankerish act at a football match in my life time was Heysel, ergo you would prefer a football-watching environment where people die

I don't know what the **** you're talking about, you clown. My post was in reference to redye and his constant moaning within posts (such as his 'boozer mentality' rant).

I don't know what the **** you're talking about, you clown. My post was in reference to redye and his constant moaning within posts (such as his 'boozer mentality' rant).

So it was a personal attack on him for an entirely different post? I guess in the same way that you called me an 'idiot' and a 'clown' rather than address what I said? Don't worry, I'm a big boy so I managed to hold back the tears but next time perhaps you should try being a little more expressive so I might get what it is you're referencing?

Up the City.

Spot on Noggers.

I'm pretty sure that City fans are probably just like true fans of the majority of league clubs - no glory hunters, just proper fans who usually grew up on the terraces and have the club in their blood and wouldn't follow any one else, no matter in what division they were playing. I don't know about us being a superior club - I've always thought we were the only club!

The majority of my 46 years supporting City has been full of disappointment, but it's all these disappointments that make the relatively few sucesses seem all the sweeter. Just how boring it must be being a Man U fan over the last 20 years and experiencing nothing but sucess.

The problem for young fans is that they are in the brand name generation, so they have to wear the right brand of trainers, haver tohe right brand mobile phone etc and among their peers, I am sure they have to be seen supporting the right brand football team i.e. a team sucessful at the top of the premier league. When I was a kid you only had MOTD highlights once a week and even then it was only selected games, so the only way to get the football buzz and to support your team, was to go to a live game. Nowadays , with wall to wall Sky games a Man U fan from Bristol can "support" his team without leaving his Whitchurch armchair and see them playing 90 minutes live probably more often in a season than I could afford to watch City when I was a lad.

Up the City.

Although I'm adding absolutely nothing to this thread, I feel I have to do this...

+1

You're getting a little obsessed Es! :smartass:

Unfortunately some people believe that cheating/simulation is a valid part of the modern game and that is very sad, a cheat is a cheat and the football authorities need to take serious action, before football becomes like watching a WWE wrestling match, 10 game bans is the way to go end of. You only have to watch the Chelsea v Stoke game and see the Chelsea players antics to see the depths that the beautiful has sunk to and a really good guy like RDM has to make a fool of himself on TV defending his players, but hey if that what you want that's what you'll get, for me it turns my stomach.

I agree with you, I hate diving too. Retrospective bans and it'll leave the game in a flash, the difficulty of course is determining what is and isn't a dive though. Gone are the days you could rely on any player to be honest. Robbie Fowler and Paulo Di Canio's acts of sportsmanship even being praised back then shows just how deep reaching gamesmanship is. Sad for us all.

Retrospective bans for diving?

That would leave Fergie with no first team!

Archived