IGNORED

City Vs Millwall Match Thread

Robin 101

For those of us relying on this rather than radio , it's a damned sight more insightful than an ooh or argh or a single smilie

I disagree. 'Ooo' suggests a moment of excitement has just passed - which you couldn't possibly know if you weren't listening / there. Just saying the time however is nothing more than getting the post count up. People should know by now that the game is scheduled to kick off at 19.45, and that there is generally a 15 minute break at half time, so it really isn't difficult to work out roughly which minute of play the game is in. Keep the ooo's and aaaa's coming and stop posting pointless times if you ask me.

I disagree. 'Ooo' suggests a moment of excitement has just passed - which you couldn't possibly know if you weren't listening / there. Just saying the time however is nothing more than getting the post count up. People should know by now that the game is scheduled to kick off at 19.45, and that there is generally a 15 minute break at half time, so it really isn't difficult to work out roughly which minute of play the game is in. Keep the ooo's and aaaa's coming and stop posting pointless times if you ask me.

That's fair enough, but when an ooh or an argh is used in the singular, for those of us without radio, it can be frustrating wondering what has happened.

As for the timing element, it was a request from an ex pat, China Red, on the Saturday match thread.

Archived