IGNORED

If We Dont Get A New Stadium

Theres about 18 houses directly behind the Atyeo, plus the building on the corner (opposite the Wedlocks) which I think used to be used by City as a teaching room.

Realistically you'd probably need to buy a couple of houses at the other end of that rank which would take the number of buildings up to around 20!!

You've got to convince the owners to sell also.

I heard rumours that City used to own a lot of those houses back in the day but had to sell them during the tough times i.e. 82 etc..

The point is that for someone worth a billion pounds, with liquid assets probably around the 50 million mark, almost anything is possible, including buying up property and redeveloping Ashton Gate.

SL wants to build a new stadium, to leave a legacy for generations to come, which is commendable to some, and unnecessary for others, we as fans are pretty much powerless to influence that decision, but it isn't as cut and dried as some would have us believe.

You could quite easily make AG open for concerts and that stuff make the williams bigger going backwards to provide more room, make the Ateyo deeper and taller close the corners by building ontop of the club shop and knocking down the clock bit of the williams and making it go round the corner and into the top tier of the ee which could also be made deeper and remove the pillars and make the stand sterdier.

Yeah sorry could you move this into the stadium thread please

Similar ,in a way, to what Charlton have done at the valley .

IMO Rotating the pitch would not work looking at the satellite view of the site. I thought someone had mentioned brabys site had recently been purchased (not by SL) so I assume this idea was never in the boards thinking,

How about the Alderman Moores allotments site, rumoured to be earmarked for housing:

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/New-homes-spring-allotments/story-14369308-detail/story.html

Its even closer to our ground, plus the council want to sell it.... Hard to tell but looking on google satellite view it looks a feasible size.

I personally think this might be being investigated by the board as a back up option.

I know the new stadium will be slightly bigger. But still plenty of room. Like someone said we could have had a train station. So it could have been a good option. The allotments could have been moved to Ashton vale by the council. I expect the site has already been considered by the board though.

I just put a quick paint job picture to see how it will look.

stadium.jpg

Yep, now that the new stadium at stanley park seems dead, liverpool are will remove the row of houses behind the anfield road stand in redeveloping anfield using Cpo's for the houses they are yet to purchase. Very similar I syppose to the situation at Ag, apart from the fact we aren't in a position to force cpo's.

Who knows what us going on behind the scenes, maybe SL has many card s up his sleeve?

One thing I would like to see(and I think I speak for most here), is a rapid conclusion to the tvg, and a similarly rapid redevelopment at AG if we have to.

400k each? :shocking:

Not much more than half of that surely.

Would you want to move from your house? So a football club could expand, and not get anything out of it?

Saying that, would you want to move for list price if a supermarket wanted to do the same etc

So why not provide some links to the discussion, o wise one, so that some fresh perspective can be shed on what's looking more of a realistic possibility the longer this 'mare drags on?

Most recent previous thread about redeveloping AG.

.http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/149172-interesting-article-about-bsl/

Would you want to move from your house? So a football club could expand, and not get anything out of it?

Saying that, would you want to move for list price if a supermarket wanted to do the same etc

No, I'd expect to get a bit more than the market value as a sweetener.

Current average values for the road are £192,000.

A number are divided in to student accommodation.

£250k should do it for most of them, with a very healthy mark up for the seller.

I know the new stadium will be slightly bigger. But still plenty of room. Like someone said we could have had a train station. So it could have been a good option. The allotments could have been moved to Ashton vale by the council. I expect the site has already been considered by the board though.

I just put a quick paint job picture to see how it will look.

stadium.jpg

Sorry to burst the bubble on this, but this plan is virtually impossible. That is the back of my house and two mine shafts run underneath my house (250 meters approx. down) and rapidely rise up the point of where David Lloyd centre is. Any building that is put on top of the land will collapse in to the mines therefore rendering it impossible to build a stadium let alone houses.

Why has it not ever been filled in? Costs! The cost of filling in the mine shafts with concrete would back 40-50 years ago cost around £20m. Today it would be more £100m due to the amount of concrete required and it would take years to carry out plus it could have had environmental impact.

All they did was dig down, fill in the exit shaft and that is how it remains today.

MM

Sorry to burst the bubble on this, but this plan is virtually impossible. That is the back of my house and two mine shafts run underneath my house (250 meters approx. down) and rapidely rise up the point of where David Lloyd centre is. Any building that is put on top of the land will collapse in to the mines therefore rendering it impossible to build a stadium let alone houses.

Why has it not ever been filled in? Costs! The cost of filling in the mine shafts with concrete would back 40-50 years ago cost around £20m. Today it would be more £100m due to the amount of concrete required and it would take years to carry out plus it could have had environmental impact.

All they did was dig down, fill in the exit shaft and that is how it remains today.

MM

Damn! thought it looked too good to be true!

MM

Surely the mine shafts make it easier to sink the pitch ;-)

Archived