IGNORED

For All You Lot That Want Del Out

Super

Come on then who do you want as the new manager? Ian Dowie? Kamara?

He has been in the job a year and 2 wins this week and the table will look a lot different. Would be madness if we got rid of him.

The best thing on this forum is how we lose and we shouldn't have as we all know but why do people over-react so much by bringing up the past and stadium issues? That has nothing to do with the 90 minutes today.

It will be a steady process at this club, stadium included.

Keep the faith with Del for a little longer.

He has been in the job a year and 2 wins this week and the table will look a lot different. Would be madness if we got rid of him.

If he had got 2 wins, ifs are great. Facts are better, they don't lie.

I have not and will not call for his head, Rome was not built in a day. But I can and will question his priorities, his selection and tactics, when it is plainly obvious to see problematic areas.

He went there for a draw as we just sat deep when we were 2 up in the last couple of minutes yeah you can sit deep or keep the ball but with over a half to go you need to keep pressing make the fans get on there back, arguably the ref didnt have a good game but everyone says that when they have lost.

I think people are trying to use the Palarse method call for the managers head then go on a storming run and rapidly climb the table

IN DEL WE TRUST

11 games into season sack the manager . Sorry cant agree with that granted results have been poor we all know that . Last 2 games we've lost have been against two very good teams . Boltons line up today is more or less the same as there prem side . Give del more time if no improvement by Xmas then maybe just my opinion . Lets get behind the team and get 6 points and things will look a whole lot better COYR CTID

Just this, indeed

He's visibly trying very hard and is desperate to bring success to this club, let's believe him in like he believes in us?

He may be, but I think it is plain wrong what he is doing with Fontaine, to me that is showing a lack of judgement not only for what is best for the team, but also for Fontaine's state of mind and form. there are many facets to what he has done that makes me question some of his judgement calls. \he generally say the right things, but makes some very odd decisions.

Take for instance today. He takes Davies off, who is looking for a hatrick and causing a threat, and leaves baldock on who had offered not so much of a goal threat. By taking him off he removed our set piece threat as well. odd, very odd unless he was injured, which i have not heard that he was. Then he brings pitman on and does a Millen and plays him on the left. Millen got slaughtered for this type of decision. Del I am afraid is making the same type of mistakes, and is extremely stubborn. Could be his downfall, could be his making. I just get a nasty feeling he my die on his sword.

Just this, indeed

Millen got 10 didn't he? After a similar amount of games in charge as Del.

I agree though, you need to try and keep hold of a manager to build something, no point in chopping and changing each year, we just cant afford to do it, and you cant chuck the players out with them!

Millen got 10 didn't he? After a similar amount of games in charge as Del.

I agree though, you need to try and keep hold of a manager to build something, no point in chopping and changing each year, we just cant afford to do it, and you cant chuck the players out with them!

Millen failed consistently, Del doesn't. I think a lot is still down to pre-del squad members that he can't re-educate into a true team

Millen failed consistently, Del doesn't. I think a lot is still down to pre-del squad members that he can't re-educate into a true team

You have to be able to re educate as a good manager, that is part of the Job, arguably Fonts has gone backwards since Del has been here, but should be starting to come to the peak of his career.

Yes we can blame old players, but any manager worth his salt should be able manager players, and get the best out of them, failure to do so suggests

1. he should of moved them on, or should not play them 2. He cannot motivate or re educate them

As I have said before, all the good things at the end of last season Del stumbled across because of injury, his stayed stubborn tactics before hand were taking us down. I was hoping he may have learnt a little last season, Lets hope he can get a good central midfielder in, instead of throwing away wage budget on his old mate, which is what it is looking like now!

He may be, but I think it is plain wrong what he is doing with Fontaine, to me that is showing a lack of judgement not only for what is best for the team, but also for Fontaine's state of mind and form. there are many facets to what he has done that makes me question some of his judgement calls. \he generally say the right things, but makes some very odd decisions.

Take for instance today. He takes Davies off, who is looking for a hatrick and causing a threat, and leaves baldock on who had offered not so much of a goal threat. By taking him off he removed our set piece threat as well. odd, very odd unless he was injured, which i have not heard that he was. Then he brings pitman on and does a Millen and plays him on the left. Millen got slaughtered for this type of decision. Del I am afraid is making the same type of mistakes, and is extremely stubborn. Could be his downfall, could be his making. I just get a nasty feeling he my die on his sword.

I agree there, some bizzare decisions but maybe Davies was tired. Me and you may doubt some of his decisions but at the end of the day I believe he is the right man for the club. He needs more help from his players though.

one of the strange tactics i dont get is why taylor and stead arent starting? were they being fed off cunningham? wooly was doing well with him in the team and bringing baldock on later on seemed to give us more trickery and goals against tired legs.

surely though the whole lot shouldnt play like they did last season just because cunningham is out?

maybe not but if they dont get games,how can they. we know Baldock can score and Davies is very useful too,i just thought we seemed to pose more of a threat for more of the game earlier in the season.

i have to admit i havent been down to watch a match this season yet so maybe shouldnt be commenting at all until i have done so

but the recent commentaries have seemed like we are running out of ideas much earlier on??

The Commentary you're listening to is spot on we just seem to play into the oppositions hands Millwall was just slow play so they had time to regroup and we didnt change for the whole game, Bolton mainly hoof ball, against bolton i just dont know what goes through our players minds when they aim for Baldock for a long kick forward then when we got the ball down we would play it out wide then they would have no support very frustrating these last couple of games have been but it will get better i know it will

Guest crusader

I would have removed Del at the end of last season. however the big question to follow is who would I replace him with. Definite an ex prem manager to bring some young or experienced prem players to our club,

Millen had the right idea with making good contact with Spurs, he was building things around him but unfortunately not get the results on the pitch

Should have kept Millen at the club for coaching. Academy Manager would have been perfect. but he has fallen on his feet again at Blackpool

I don't want Del removed from his post, just don't see all of this fictitious 'progress' either. Losing Cisse was bad, whatever the ultimate reason, as he performed a unique role in the side protecting the perma-fragile central defence particularly away from home. Not seeking a like-for-like replacement is a poor oversight IMO. Not playing Joe Bryan, a natural lb when Cunningham and then Elokobi were injured is another head scratcher. Has not looked over-awed or out of place when he has played. As to the perennial 'wants', a dominant centre back and a creative midfielder, these still have not been addressed. MacManus will be gone by January and Nyatanga/Wilson/Fontaine and Carey will not keep City up. As for midfield creativity, we are still overly reliant on Albert as a primary creative outlet and every winger is prone to inconsistency even the likes of Walcott/Lennon/McClean/Nani etc., so Albert as good as he is, is not the solution.

I want McInnes to be a resounding success, I was happy with his appointment and still back him, but there is a tangible danger that if he does not address our long-term deficiencies, we will struggle and perhaps even succumb to relegation.

I would have removed Del at the end of last season. however the big question to follow is who would I replace him with. Definite an ex prem manager to bring some young or experienced prem players to our club,

Millen had the right idea with making good contact with Spurs, he was building things around him but unfortunately not get the results on the pitch

Should have kept Millen at the club for coaching. Academy Manager would have been perfect. but he has fallen on his feet again at Blackpool

Sorry but were you natched up making that post?

Look, in Del, we have created a better squad generally, its got a way to go but its better than last year. We now have seeds in place to vastly improve the youth system, something so many wanted. On the pitch we have had a few poor results, yes. We will get better, and will face teams no way near the quality of Bolton (who lets face it with thst team should finish top six). We will average out to mid table, then hopefully Del will work on key areas in midfield and centre back.

Some people here think we should be constantly top half I feel...we're not in league one anymore.

Are there really people stupid enough to be calling for his head?

We have had a couple of bad results against decent teams and we have seen from their recent runs that Millwall and Leeds aren't too bad. Things can turn around quickly as has been show by Palace.

One year is not long enough to judge and compared to the mess Millen left, we are playing much better and aren't far away from getting the results. With Millen there were barely any positives, but the squad Del has got is a big positive. Getting Cunningham back will also make a big difference.

Still in the McInnes camp but some if his decisions are confusing. With the backing he has been given, we shouldn't be sitting 4th bottom IMO.

2 home games coming up, we desperately need the points.

I would have taken anywhere between 12th - 16th at the start if the season, I'd bite your hand off for it now.

He needs to pick a back 4 and give them a few games, is it any wonder that we are all over the place? Nobody knows whether they are coming or going. Unless your name is Liam Fontaine, it's 1 bad game and you're out.

We released 8 players end of season and got 1.5m for Maynard. Must of saved 6m in wages and transfers in. That's good especailly as FFP coming in.

But think we've spent 2.5m signing baldock Davies and Cunningham which leaves 4m if each player is on 10k a week only leaves 2.5m in savings

Signed heaton and Morris also on frees outbid Ipswich for heaton so must be on good money both of those must be 10k together which puts us on 2m savings.

Each player would of got signing on fee plus Pearson resigned as did Carey so looking at another million. Leaves us with 1million saved overall. Which leaves us 19k a week to spend, not sure what we paying on loans for elokobi and McManus but I'm guessing we've pretty much saved nothing.

So where's the savings coming from and we have paid good money for players but have we signed the right ones? And released the wrong ones?

It's not just what del does on a matchday,delboy has slowly changed this club for the better hes gaining respect for the club from agents and players,on the commercial side.he wont change this club over night and it will be a least three years until us city fans will see change and its not easy when theres a budget.so instead of moaning because the team has hit a slump in results get down the gate and support.it will come right within time. Delboy we trust!!

It's not just what del does on a matchday,delboy has slowly changed this club for the better hes gaining respect for the club from agents and players,on the commercial side.he wont change this club over night and it will be a least three years until us city fans will see change and its not easy when theres a budget.so instead of moaning because the team has hit a slump in results get down the gate and support.it will come right within time. Delboy we trust!!

I agree Del has sown the seeds for the academy bit like the other Scottish bloke Fergie. Made poor signings with Morris only bought to use in emergencies, Fergie bought Ralf Milne great for us but did raise eyebrows.

We need patiance with McInnes, I'm as frustrated as the next fan with some of his decisions but believe that we can in future be a well equipt team to make a assault on the league. We just need to get someone in the middle of the park who grabs the game by the scruff of the neck and retains poseession, protects the back four and releases players. Defence is shot at the moment when teams should not be getting there in the first place.

Scrape through this season and see when these seeds start growing.

Are there really people stupid enough to be calling for his head?

We have had a couple of bad results against decent teams and we have seen from their recent runs that Millwall and Leeds aren't too bad. Things can turn around quickly as has been show by Palace.

One year is not long enough to judge and compared to the mess Millen left, we are playing much better and aren't far away from getting the results. With Millen there were barely any positives, but the squad Del has got is a big positive. Getting Cunningham back will also make a big difference.

Yes, but only two I think.

I agree Del has sown the seeds for the academy bit like the other Scottish bloke Fergie. Made poor signings with Morris only bought to use in emergencies, Fergie bought Ralf Milne great for us but did raise eyebrows.

We need patiance with McInnes, I'm as frustrated as the next fan with some of his decisions but believe that we can in future be a well equipt team to make a assault on the league. We just need to get someone in the middle of the park who grabs the game by the scruff of the neck and retains poseession, protects the back four and releases players. Defence is shot at the moment when teams should not be getting there in the first place.

Ralph was pretty shite for us as well. Fergie bought him (if I remember correctly) to finish his transfer budget as he had underspent by about 200k. Ralph had a handful of good games for us and was a bit of a beer monster by the time he joined us. To see the real magic of Ralph, take a look at some of his highlights from Dundee United... Now if only we had got that Ralph :)

Ralph was pretty shite for us as well. Fergie bought him (if I remember correctly) to finish his transfer budget as he had underspent by about 200k. Ralph had a handful of good games for us and was a bit of a beer monster by the time he joined us. To see the real magic of Ralph, take a look at some of his highlights from Dundee United... Now if only we had got that Ralph :)

Have you not seen his imperious volley v Bury on the 87/88 highlights collection ?! (Possibly one of those handful of good games you mention)

Have you not seen his imperious volley v Bury on the 87/88 highlights collection ?! (Possibly one of those handful of good games you mention)

I remember a volley, good memory, couldn't remember who it was against. On his game brilliant, on a off day, and there were many, he was like a stumbling drunk! :)

Thought Ralph was fine, unfit when he joined, but once he gained fitness a very good player. As for DM, very mixed feelings, tactics and substitutions can be baffling, with a limited budget thought he over-did it on the strikers, bit like the Ward- Davidson season. On the positive, seems to be heading in the right direction in terms of developing players. Overall, not the time for a change in my opinion, but think it's going to be a major struggle this season. Maybe the biggest problem remains over-expectation, and a decent start increased this. We are a small championship club, not a particularly balanced squad, and lacking quality in certain key areas.

We need patiance with McInnes, I'm as frustrated as the next fan with some of his decisions but believe that we can in future be a well equipt -team to make a assault on the league. We just need to get someone in the middle of the park who grabs the game by the scruff of the neck and retains poseession, protects the back four and releases players. Defence is shot at the moment when teams should not be getting there in the first place.

It's very frustrating and I should imagine mcinnes is frustrated as well.Nyatanga fontaine etc there professional as all are players fonts from his days at Fulham tangs as an international they should be able to defend to be honest they get payed to do a job it is a team game but it's individual mistakes that costs us and maybe one mistake delboy has made is not getting a settled back four.Ive noticed their seems to be defenders coming in at under 21 level so hopefully see rewards from that.As for the midfield how long have we been banging on about it.CIty need a captain a grit player someone that gives this team a kick up the ass.every manager makes mistakes but it will come.let's bring on six points for the next two games.You Reds!!

I know sometimes i have a wind up, but this is the ultimate......Please mods remove this, this is wrong........not the post, the question.....

You'll all all be signing his name if we win our next two home games! Get behind the bloody bloke.

Well said! I can't believe that this thread has been started! Leave a man to do his job!! Problem with being a manager of a football team is that unlike other managerial jobs you've got 1000s outside of the office trying to shoot you through the window instead of a few internally trying to poison your half-time cup of tea! It's a ridiculous post for someone in the infancy of repairing what was a sinking ship of headless chickens in the hands of Millen!

Well said! I can't believe that this thread has been started! Leave a man to do his job!! Problem with being a manager of a football team is that unlike other managerial jobs you've got 1000s outside of the office trying to shoot you through the window instead of a few internally trying to poison your half-time cup of tea! It's a ridiculous post for someone in the infancy of repairing what was a sinking ship of headless chickens in the hands of Millen!

I agree 100%, I have read some of these posts over the weekend on my phone and am amazed that it is even being mentioned. We have had two very tough matches in a row and yes we squandered a two goal lead but Bolton are a strong team just turning themselves around and it was always going to be a tough ask.

Get down the gate tomorrow and get behind Del and the team.

I'm sure I read on this forum fans were worried del could possibly leave and go to west brom or even Scotland a couple of months ago now some fans are seriously questioning his job at Bristol city . Funny old game

A Spurs 'fan' on 606 wanted AVB sacked on Sat. Nutters everywhere !

I'm sure I read on this forum fans were worried del could possibly leave and go to west brom or even Scotland a couple of months ago now some fans are seriously questioning his job at Bristol city . Funny old game

Let's not allow this to become exaggerated - one or two start threads straight after a defeat and more or less everybody disagrees with them.

not exaggerated its Wat I read

Yes, 'some fans' are seriously questioning his job at Bristol City, but let's keep it in perspective, whenever one of these very few start a thread on it they are shown to be a tiny minority by the responses.

Archived