IGNORED

What Would You Rather?

You Do The Dziekanowski

For the sake of 90 minutes an entertaining 5-4 would be fun, but, for the sake of the season, a 1-0 or even a 0-0 would benifit the club and give the fans some hope back going into every game from now.

How can a 0-0 draw benefit the club more than a 5-4 win? !

I remember the days of Osman and Pulis grinding out draws and the odd 1 nil win.

In those days I seriously considered not watching City again as it was that bad. Football is an entertainment business, that's why I want to see goals.

Why do you think the Liverpool-Newcastle games keeps getting churned out by Sky all the time and not any drab 1nil wins by Arsenal in the early 90's?

How can a 0-0 draw benefit the club more than a 5-4 win? !

On a psycological level, I would rather have a defence that has the belief they CAN keep a clean sheet than one that believes their attack CAN score 5.

For self belief a clean sheet would be so important this week.

Like you I would love to have the entertainment of a highscoring game, however if we keep a clean sheet, we cannot lose

On a psycological level, I would rather have a defence that has the belief they CAN keep a clean sheet than one that believes their attack CAN score 5.

For self belief a clean sheet would be so important this week.

Like you I would love to have the entertainment of a highscoring game, however if we keep a clean sheet, we cannot lose

Score one more or the same as the opposition and you can't lose!!

There's always going to be fluke goals score against you, or a dodgy penalty awarded by the ref, so holding out for cleans sheets isn't the way to go.

We've only got to go back one season under Millen to remember that once we went one nil down we didn't have the confidence or ability to get back in the game.

All teams who win leagues (part from Arsenal back in the George Graham days) have goals in the side, it's the exception (not the rule) to win leagues one nil every time.

In answer to MCrisk77. I think it was Nicky Morgan and I also believe it was Tinnion who crossed the ball in his first game!

Correct, with Rog Malone commentating & Lawro as the pundit. I doubt if Risk was sitting in the EE though as I think it was pre-seats

Score one more or the same as the opposition and you can't lose!!

There's always going to be fluke goals score against you, or a dodgy penalty awarded by the ref, so holding out for cleans sheets isn't the way to go.

We've only got to go back one season under Millen to remember that once we went one nil down we didn't have the confidence or ability to get back in the game.

All teams who win leagues (part from Arsenal back in the George Graham days) have goals in the side, it's the exception (not the rule) to win leagues one nil every time.

True, I agree with you, we're blessed with goals aplenty - just one week off to give the nerves a rest a 4 or 5-0 win will do Del!

I admire the bravery of going for it and do enjoy the attacking football definitley though!

Actually, he was our most effective defender after Amagou. Like the entire defence, he hasn't exactly shone this season, but he's been far from the worst.

I'd probably be happier with him on the bench these days, but, yes, on the basis of what we have ATM, I'm glad he stayed.

I didn't want to give him another deal we need to get rid of him as he's been part of the problem in the recent years but his performances in the last 10 games deserved another deal and I ate my slice of humble pie,

Shame he isn't performing like it now

It was only under our last manager that we were all crying out for entertaining football, it had got so dire watching City. I do not want a return to the rubbish we played under Millen, but I would understand if DM set us up slightly more cautiously until we built some confidence in our defending.

If he wasn't Louis Carey, if he wasn't one of our longest serving players then he would NOT have been retained......we both know that.

I hardly think some sort of dewy eyed Bristolian sentiment effected Scottish pragmatist Derek McInnes when he decided to retain Louis for one more season.

Archived