IGNORED

Result Over Performance

Guest Rich i e

Guest Rich i e

Don't managers talk tosh. The result always comes from the performance.

'We'll play an awful lot better than that and lose' is a common quote after a win.

The two paragraphs below is from Del's latest interview, back to basics and defending - they are both part of the performance!!

'It’s a vital game for us tomorrow. It’s important that we try to get the three points regardless of the performance,” McInnes told Bristol City Player.

“What I’m saying to the players now is the same things that I said last season. We need to get back to basics and be difficult to play against - performance!!

The three points come from all aspects of a 'performance' defending well, grit,determination, flare,skill etc etc all can come into it.

So back to, 'We'll play an awful lot better than that and lose' is a common quote after a win. - If you lose the overall performance was not there. You can batter a team for 89 minutes and not score, but have a lapse of concentration and concede. Or have no flare, passing ability on the day, but stay solid, score in the last 90th - so overall your performance was better.

The performance will always determine result.

Process not Outcome - Delboy

Guest Rich i e

Not true.

Many times I have seen teams play badly and win. I have also seen teams play well and lose.

I don't really understand what you are talking about here.

We need to get the result whichever way we can.

So you just send a team out and say go and win lads.

No you go through all aspects of the performance with them.

Process not outcome

Guest Rich i e

what are you on about??

Simple, think about it, defending, grit,dtermintation, staying strong and lumping it aimlessly out the box - whatever you want to do, or how you want to play, is all part of the performance

Liverpool of the 70's and 80's made a habit of winning without playing well but they could defend..........Hanson, Whelan, Thompson, Lawrenceson, Neil, Smith.

Tbh I wouldn't mind a 1-0 win tomorrow in any circumstances. That said I hope that McInnes doesn't adopt a cautious formation and start with one up top.

Surely we are not that far away from where we want to be performance and result wise. We just need to tighten up on the lack of concentration at the back. Our goal difference for a team at the bottom is not that bad. Looking at it positively, we have scored a lot of goals against some very good teams and ex prem defenders. The one thing that really bothers me is that we always seem to spend the last 10 minutes of games defending, no matter what the score is, as was proved against Burnley on Tuesday. Its a mental approach. Lets try to score as opposed to lets try not to concede.

Surely we are not that far away from where we want to be performance and result wise. We just need to tighten up on the lack of concentration at the back. Our goal difference for a team at the bottom is not that bad. Looking at it positively, we have scored a lot of goals against some very good teams and ex prem defenders. The one thing that really bothers me is that we always seem to spend the last 10 minutes of games defending, no matter what the score is, as was proved against Burnley on Tuesday. Its a mental approach. Lets try to score as opposed to lets try not to concede.

we do marmite,

But we've been dragged into the bottom 4, we need points on the board over pretty attacking football and make a buffer, it should also bring a bit of confidance in and we might see the palace/cardiff type perfomances with results then,

Sorry lads and lassess we need ugly football for a month

we do marmite,

But we've been dragged into the bottom 4, we need points on the board over pretty attacking football and make a buffer, it should also bring a bit of confidance in and we might see the palace/cardiff type perfomances with results then,

Sorry lads and lassess we need ugly football for a month

What I meant Monkeh was we shouldnt be camped in our own penalty area at the end of every game, it invites pressure.

What I meant Monkeh was we shouldnt be camped in our own penalty area at the end of every game, it invites pressure.

With you, unfortaintly that isn't always possible when you come up against better attacking players they will pile on pressure and you get deeper,

It was up to our captain (cole skuse) to orginise us and push us out, McInnes was balling on the side lines to do it

I didnt go Tuesday, but watching the goals, on their winner, our back four should be on the edge of the area, not the 6 yard box. We dont concede if we would of pushed our line that bit forward. We do need results, but we arent a million miles from being a pretty decent outfit. Im not saying we will do the same, but we are vry similar to Reading last season. They scored alot yet let them in for fun. Once they tightened up, they flew up the table without sacrificing the goals. Im not saying that come May we will be champions but we are in a false position right now and midtable is still well within our limits.

I dont think we can afford to completely neglect the attacking side of our game because of the investment we have given our forward line. We arent far away from being a really good side, just need to be patient. No one has ever been relegated in October.

That said I hope that McInnes doesn't adopt a cautious formation and start with one up top.

Don't think we've got much choice have we? We need to try and restore confidence in the side. I wouldn't mind having Davies up top on his own, he's a very good player in great form. I think part of City's problem is the midfield. Bolton last week, carved us up like butter on all three of the goals, so I think it's time we changed things.

.............Skuse...Elliot...Pearson

Albert.............................................Woolford

........................Davies

That's my opinion though

Archived