IGNORED

Di Canio In...

Guest RedTide

My vote would be for Steve Cotterill, tough as old boots, disiplined, and has taken clubs awayfrom a similiar scenario and was doing the job at forest before the blokes waving the dosh came in.

Be careful what you wish for. Can you imagine the shitstorm on here if he replicated this for us.....................

Cotterill was appointed as manager on the 14 October 2011 on a three and half year deal. He won four of his first six games in charge.[27][28] Cotterill began his Forest reign with a 2-0 win over Middlesbrough[29] and a 2-1 win at Blackpool.[30] The turnarond was short-lived though as a run of seven games without a goal, during which Forest suffered six defeats leaving them in the bottom three at the turn of the year. Forest ended that sequence with a 3-1 win at Ipswich Town on 2 January 2012[31] and followed that with a 0-0 draw at home to Leicester City in the third round of the FA Cup. The slide continued as the pressure mounted on Cotterill. A 4-0 defeat in the replay[32] and two more league defeats meant by the end of January 2012 Forest were six points from safety after going an unprecedented ten and a half hours, seven games and two and a half months without scoring a goal at home.[citation needed] This included a run of six consecutive home league defeats

Guest Bristolgoc

I give up.. Back Del Boy and the broad has to move with the times and start paying the right amount in wages for the right players.. We need three players to turn this season around and we all know what positions

Back Del by bringing in that Scotish coach whose brief time here coincided with the run of games that led to the relegation escape but, if not, Di Canio would turn things round and bring a smile back.

If this is in reference to Jim McIntyre hes back again is he not? Believe his arrival merely co-incided with Cisse breaking back into the first team, and us signing Bikey(Amougou) on loan.

Guest Night84

I back Del for now but if we had to have a change it has to be someone with a proven track record in the Championship if not experience of the PL. Someone who has got a team into the playoff places.

Guest Redrobbin

Amen.

. +1 BACK DEL!!

Anyway Di Canio would not be able to handle the stress of watching the likes of fonts protecting our goal.

He'd be up for manslaughter !!!

If this is in reference to Jim McIntyre hes back again is he not? Believe his arrival merely co-incided with Cisse breaking back into the first team, and us signing Bikey(Amougou) on loan.

Yes, that's the guy. As you say it was probably conicidental and coincided with dropping James and bringing in gerken, Skuse have a great run of form, Stead playing out of his skin, Bolaise scoring a stunning foal, Cisse being introuduced and perhaps most influential of all the loan signing of Amougou. Unfortunately the last three are no longer with us.

. +1 BACK DEL!!

Anyway Di Canio would not be able to handle the stress of watching the likes of fonts protecting our goal.

He'd be up for manslaughter !!!

Can you imagine??!!

He'd be coming out for the second half with his boots on just to show the defenders how to tackle!!

Guest Redrobbin

Can you imagine??!!

He'd be coming out for the second half with his boots on just to show the defenders how to tackle!!

And how to push referee's about!

My vote would be for Steve Cotterill, tough as old boots, disiplined, and has taken clubs awayfrom a similiar scenario and was doing the job at forest before the blokes waving the dosh came in.

Is he Bristolian ? Definately West Country

Forest Fan here in peace!

Sorry to see you guys down there at the moment- it seems a change may well be in order to pull you out of it. I just wanted to back up TRC2204, what a shout Steve Cotterill would be for you. I've been a season ticket holder at The City Ground for the last 10 years and he is by far the best we've had. Cleared up the almighty mess left by McClaren, inherited one of the most unbalanced squads I've ever seen and didn't have a penny to spend before selling our best defender to Leicester ( who would of gone on a free at the end of the season). It was only after bringing in 5 key loan players, 4 being defenders such was the imbalance, (Cunningham being one who improved immensely during his time) that our season turned around. Not only did he somehow keep us up, the football was a world away from the dross we are now playing under O'Driscoll and he even gave me the biggest highlight in all my years as a fan by scoring 7 at Elland Road!!

One thing that also seems to be forgotten is that he held the club together by keeping us in the Championship after the untimely death of our Chairman and for that I will be forever grateful.

If he can keep us up against all the odds, Ashton Gate would be a piece of cake!

Good luck lads

Archived