IGNORED

From A Huddersfield Fan

Dolman Block B

I take it Huddersfield fans were expecting us to totally out pass them Barcelona style and take 6000 all singing all dancing fans with us? Any team who are on a bad run near the bottom of the league are likely to play poorly and their fans aren't exactly going to be all smiles about it.

"First half we were garbage, fortunately they were worse than that. No wonder under 500 fans came up to watch them. On that display they will be in League One next season. We got lucky that a shite performance came against a shite team."

"First half we were garbage, fortunately they were worse than that. No wonder under 500 fans came up to watch them. On that display they will be in League One next season. We got lucky that a shite performance came against a shite team."

Well, they do know all about league one!

Apart from everything else, it's a bit bloody rich.

Huddersfield were very bad and we came within whiskers of scoring three today. Without Fontaine's howler Hudds would simply not have scored if we were still playing now.

Finally the fans, they had some singers with drummers in the stand to our right who were pretty good but there was literally NO noise from any other part of the ground.

Pot and KettleI think.

That game could very easily have been a two or three nil win for s IMO

Worst game I've seen so far this season, we were shite but Bristol City were just absolutely terrible.

Clueless and their fans are the worst ever to come to our ground.

Thank @@@@ they will be going down

ok then?

Totally unfair criticism of the fans but unfortunately true about the performance

From a city fan who went

"Dreadful. Hard to comment on a positive. A year on and not any improvement on the Millen era.

And hard to see where this current squad can keep us in the Championship.

Thank f uck my cider is cold"

I was there too Arn and I would say nowhere near as bad as the Hull game last week. We actually put pressure on the ball and made Hudds look bad. We were not wonderful, but defrost better than last week

Dreadful game.

Two dreadful teams.

Baldock should have scored, Woolford flashed a ball across the six yard box and a cracking header from McManus preduced a save out of Smithies. If you concentrate on those three moments you could let yourself feel hard done by that we didn't get anything out of the game, but the rest of the match was painful to endure.

Nil-Nil would probably have been a fair result and nil would probably have flattered both teams.

Stupid iPad spell correct! Defrost = Deffo.

Compared to,last week yes we were more 'up for it'. Then again, last week we were spineless and gutless. We t least put some pressure on the ball today, we look better when we do this. I thought I saw some decent moves at times today (although not enough), best we have played since minute 26 at Bolton anyway.

The problem isn't skill, this team are good enough for mid table ( although no more than that), but confidence is clearly shot. Fear and hesitancy are our masters.

At least today we didn't do the "don't mark, don't tackle and don't put pressure on the ball" thing that we have done on and off since the Danny Wilson era.

Worst game I've seen so far this season, we were shite but Bristol City were just absolutely terrible.

Clueless and their fans are the worst ever to come to our ground.

Thank @@@@ they will be going down

ok then?

Thing is arn, he or she is spot on!! I went yesterday and there was bickering amongst our own fans, some chanted off at Fontaine when he fouled their forward - and the performance was one of the worst I have seen!! I'm struggling to find a positive in this management team....

Thing is arn, he or she is spot on!! I went yesterday and there was bickering amongst our own fans, some chanted off at Fontaine when he fouled their forward - and the performance was one of the worst I have seen!! I'm struggling to find a positive in this management team....

You all need to read this from their forum today

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=78297

If McCinnes was upbeat about the performance he must be losing the plot

Two more comments from their forum which puts a different twist on it...............................

"And yet they were better than us for most of the opening 40 and final 15....

Don't think there's much wrong in what he (Del) says".

"fully agree, funny how a win glosses over the fact we were terrible ourselves and only smithies stopped them drawing!!!

play like that on tue and blackburn will hammer us".

Some very interesting comments, painfull read though - did we really play stead out on the left AGAIN !

They all reckon we will be down by April and playing leauge 1 footy

Is Delboy really in denial, he always seems to shield his players and doesnt criticise any of them, is this denial or good managerial skills :dunno:

No fans are ever that great if the team is at the bottom of the league and playing awful football as there really is'nt anything to sing about. If City do well our fans are some of the best in the league so your talking a load of rubbish mate.

And City will just about stay up in my opinion!

Guest ArfieldGood

Poor poor game really, As a town fan I feared the worst when i saw Beckford and Vaughan were both out but you offered very little. Terrible first half, we looked better in the 2nd but we were there for the taking. Can't believe McCinnes found anything to be encoraged by. A little worrying for you guys really if he's coming out with that. Long way to go still though. Was looking forward to seeing Stead back here as i was a big fan of him when he played for us but i felt sorry for him a bit really. Was surpised to see him out wide so much and dropping deep for the ball. Should be played as an out and out striker all day long for me!

Yes we did. I remember seeing Stead drift into the Centre only once. He was an out and out left winger, no question. Says it all that, despite that, he was probably our best player

Last season we ended strongly, unbeaten in 7 with 13 points. The spine of the team was Amougou, Cisse, and Stead. That spine no longer exists. I rest my case.

Archived