IGNORED

Pompey, Rangers, Hearts Who's Next

You Do The Dziekanowski

How can owners get into so much debt.

Then ask the fans to put a couple million quid together to help save the club. Surely when the red numbers start coming in and your not gaining any money surely it's time to get out and find a potential buyer.

I hope SL will never have the cheek to ask us to help out the trouble he has got us in if he ever did get us in trouble.

you do realise we make losses of 10m plus per season, right?

And yet people are still banging on about getting in player 'x' or player 'y', even after we have actually brought in quite a few already. We are also paying some loan wages for injured players and on top of that people are still demandiing that the club sacks Derek and his back room staff and start all over again. Perhaps fans like us are what actually gets the clubs mentioned into these situations.

Most clubs punch above their weight and we are no exception to that. We seem to have turned into the Wigan of the Championship, maybe we should face reality and accept that we are probably a league one team. It is a hard thing to get your head around but perhaps that is what we are, I certainly think our gates and finances would be more suited to league one.

The Championship seems to be getting a more and more expensive league with foreign investors and a glut of teams receiving parachute payments. Backwater teams like us, Barnsley, Scunny etc will probably end up where we truely belong.

£10m per annum loss is unsustainable, even with someone like SL at the helm - face reality chaps! There will be many more clubs that will go to the wall, I hope we are not one of them.

And yet people are still banging on about getting in player 'x' or player 'y', even after we have actually brought in quite a few already. We are also paying some loan wages for injured players and on top of that people are still demandiing that the club sacks Derek and his back room staff and start all over again. Perhaps fans like us are what actually gets the clubs mentioned into these situations.

Yet del spends wages on players he has no intention of playing on a regular basis... funny that!

Most clubs punch above their weight and we are no exception to that. We seem to have turned into the Wigan of the Championship, maybe we should face reality and accept that we are probably a league one team. It is a hard thing to get your head around but perhaps that is what we are, I certainly think our gates and finances would be more suited to league one.

The Championship seems to be getting a more and more expensive league with foreign investors and a glut of teams receiving parachute payments. Backwater teams like us, Barnsley, Scunny etc will probably end up where we truely belong.

£10m per annum loss is unsustainable, even with someone like SL at the helm - face reality chaps! There will be many more clubs that will go to the wall, I hope we are not one of them.

Good call.

yes but SL also earns money and has a deep pocket (atm) but some owners keep spending and aren't earning then have the cheek to ask the fans to help them out.

That's because a number of those other owners would not pass a "fit and proper person" test (to run a league club) in the unlikely event of the football authorities ever designing one and discovering the cojones to apply it.

Remember watching either Panaroma or Dispatches on the touting around of a proud football league club, think it was Leicester City. The whole process was so sordid made me feel sick, dodgy potential owners, middlemen, agents everywhere just looking to make a quick buck.

T.V Deal in Premier League: £2.3Bn from sky and £0.7Bn over three years

TV Deal in Championship (80% of) £195mil from Sky over 3 years.

the championship deal is spread relatively evenly. the premier league deal is split in four ways: firstly the oversea's deal is split evenly, equating to just under £20mil per club. the english deal is split 3 ways

1) each club gets a standard figure of £15mil

2) by position, bottom get 750k, 2nd bottom £1.5mil, 3rd bottom 2.25mil so gaps of 750k up to top, who get 15mil.

3) each club gets money based on how many games they are involved in.

all in all to finish bottom of the PL earns you roughly £45million.

In English football it's easy to see the potential for why owners would take calculated risks. it's also easy to see how clubs who spend one or two seasons in the premier league are able to paper over the cracks in their completely flawed financial structure. by extension, it's easy to see how so many are struggling.

That's because a number of those other owners would not pass a "fit and proper person" test (to run a league club) in the unlikely event of the football authorities ever designing one and discovering the cojones to apply it.

That's my point they take over the club then expect the fans to get them out of the crap they got in, people who actually put their own money in to helping out the people who put there beloved club in danger I just don't get it

I think you'll find that Scunny are already back there.

the championship deal is spread relatively evenly. the premier league deal is split in four ways: firstly the oversea's deal is split evenly, equating to just under £20mil per club. the english deal is split 3 ways

2) by position, bottom get 750k, 2nd bottom £1.5mil, 3rd bottom 2.25mil so gaps of 750k up to top, who get 15mil.

In English football it's easy to see the potential for why owners would take calculated risks. it's also easy to see how clubs who spend one or two seasons in the premier league are able to paper over the cracks in their completely flawed financial structure. by extension, it's easy to see how so many are struggling.

That with the PL parachute payments (see this for an article http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/andy-dunn-column-why-clubs-being-1337785 ) just goes to show what a completely screwed up professional game we have. Is is any wonder we are where we are with the number of former PL clubs getting those massive kick backs? How on earth are we meant to compete?

Breakaway Real Football League anyone?

All this money coming in

Yet so many clubs in the S##t

Every club in the prem should have £Millions in the bank

Grow some balls and tell the players and their agent to get in the real world

Our gates and finance more suited to league one? Really? I don't know of many League one teams who would be averaging 13500 when second bottom of the league. In fact I only know one, Sheffield United.

Our gates and finance more suited to league one? Really? I don't know of many League one teams who would be averaging 13500 when second bottom of the league. In fact I only know one, Sheffield United.

I am talking about balancing the books, our gates vs league one wages would probably work (may even stop making an on-going loss). I don't know for sure but I would imagine most league one clubs make a loss, which would suggest that they are actually league two clubs.

Teams like us are slowly being priced out of the championship.

All this money coming in

Yet so many clubs in the S##t

Every club in the prem should have £Millions in the bank

Grow some balls and tell the players and their agent to get in the real world

Agents get 10% of "their" player's wages. Thus agents negotiate with clubs for the highest poss player's wage. If a club refuses to pay a talented player even more, in comes a transfer request and the agent touts the talented player around clubs who may be interested and are prepared to take a financial risk. Less talented players see what a team mate is on and demand parity or atleast a hike in their wages. To keep a team, chairmen agree to the demands. No matter how good a league is someone has to be relegated and thus fans drift away and income drops.

In the 1980's Liverpool won the League one yea rand admitted they had paid more in wages than they got in gate receipts. Only the sponsorship and TV deals kept them going.

Archived