IGNORED

Last Time We Played On 22nd November

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Shame, I was hoping for 5th. That would have been a VERY good omen.

The main difference between now and 97 will be us finishing one place higher than that season!

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I think it was Late November we got upto second, because I'm sure we had Watford around that time. Probably the best away match in the 90's (league matches) because so many went up and it was such an important game. Will never forget Goater turning on the half way line to burst through.

I think Watfoed was the one of the first away games in December, my first away game. You could be right then. So we can't quite make second by winning on saturday but with th efans behind the team it could atleast put us on the way for 2nd or 1st (Am I DREAMING TO HARD)

The last 5 minutes were great, the rest, oh dear........... being beaten by PACE

To be fair, that's a little harsh.

From a neutral football fan's point of view, the game had everything. Many people look at the last 5 minutes and think that 5 minutes made the game, that was far from the case. After dominating the opening 15 minutes and playing some really good football, Mansfield infact took the lead, only for Murray to equalise within about 10 seconds.

Through-out the game it was end to end football, Mansfield's devastating 15 minutes or so spell in which they went 4-2 up, again from a neutrals point of view, was excellent attacking football to watch.

The atmosphere was brillient through-out, there was a penalty (which directly was infact saved), bookings, a sending-off, and a shed-load of goals. Forget the last 5 minutes, the other 90 were entertaining enough on their own.

Archived