IGNORED

What Does He Have To Do To Get Sacked?

Guest toastienick

Guest paulcitymod

Christ, Keith Millen must be silently chortling at this. Top of the league, albeit assistant manager. It can all change in an instant

It was a brilliant post by cje3354, but to answer the original question even though our board are clearly very cautious I don't think he'll be able to survive if we lose at Sheffield and Ipswich this month.

I'm still hoping he'll turn it around, but something is clearly wrong. I think that not shifting more of the old guard in the summer - including Carey, sadly - was an error. It's probably a bit like the chelski dressing room - far too dominated by old, long-term players.

But I'm in favour of giving him a chance to turn it around. Besides, what's the alternative? Realistically, who do we think would do a better job in the long term? Someone might come in and have a new manager effect, keep us up, but will they build for the future?

I'm still hoping he'll turn it around, but something is clearly wrong. I think that not shifting more of the old guard in the summer - including Carey, sadly - was an error. It's probably a bit like the chelski dressing room - far too dominated by old, long-term players.

But I'm in favour of giving him a chance to turn it around. Besides, what's the alternative? Realistically, who do we think would do a better job in the long term? Someone might come in and have a new manager effect, keep us up, but will they build for the future?

You're right on the ball there, although I hadn't thought of the Chelski parallel. Untill we're rid of some of the dossers in the dressing room, God could take the job without improving the performance.

Although, to think about it, a little smiting would go a long way :badmood:

It was a brilliant post by cje3354, but to answer the original question even though our board are clearly very cautious I don't think he'll be able to survive if we lose at Sheffield and Ipswich this month.

Surely we can't sack a man just before Xmas?!

But we had the final laugh really he has to work with Hollowhead everyday talk about care in the community.

If I thought Hollowhead would come here, I'd walk barefoot to Selhurst Park to ask him. He just might give the players the shaking they need and so richly deserve. However, I don't think he or God would be interested in the job.

Guest ranidaze

Problem with sacking McInnes is that the incoming manager inherits a poor squad just as Del did when he took over from Millen. Del, like Millen has failed to recruit enough quality players and City continue to stuggle.

Is that 'failed to recruit enough quality players' down to the last two managers ineptitude or down to the board?

Disagree with that, potentially we have a squad capable of top half of the table. We have some players in our squad that we know can do a job. Its all about getting the best out of the players and using them correctly which Del is clearly not doing!For me a decent manager that has experience, will get the best from the players we have and we will start to get results. Of course we also have January transfer window so they can start to build there own squad. I know it costs money but we really need to splash the cash to avoid relagation. What are the clubs ambitions, its going to be play off spot or top half at the very least and we need to spend money anyway to acheive that so IMO we need to get rid of del and start thinking long term.

Archived