IGNORED

Post Match Interviews...

PFree

I just wonder if it's just me that gets frustrated with the questions asked after matches..? It's starting to be the same as when Danny Wilson was here when the interview most weeks said exactly the same thing and could well of been recorded and replayed without anybody realising?

Today as an example, why can't the interviewer ask tougher questions around why Fontaine seems undroppable when he is clearly playing so badly, why players are being played out of position, why Stead played wide left when he came on, why Baldock was taking throw-ins near the corner flag, does he understand why fans are disillusioned around him signing new players and not using them, especially when we are already paying out too much in wages every week etc...?

I'm just fed up that City has become a nice place - we should get behind Del and the players when they deserve it hence should the interviewer ask more testing questions post match..? But when they lack desire and effort just perhaps they should all have a rocket - just perhaps there annoyance might work positively?

We are fast becoming a laughing stock, and as a passionate fan, I am fed up with the whole situation..are the players really as depressed as we are as our club slides ever closer to relegation, I don't think so.

I just wonder if it's just me that gets frustrated with the questions asked after matches..? It's starting to be the same as when Danny Wilson was here when the interview most weeks said exactly the same thing and could well of been recorded and replayed without anybody realising?

Today as an example, why can't the interviewer ask tougher questions around why Fontaine seems undroppable when he is clearly playing so badly, why players are being played out of position, why Stead played wide left when he came on, why Baldock was taking throw-ins near the corner flag, does he understand why fans are disillusioned around him signing new players and not using them, especially when we are already paying out too much in wages every week etc...?

I'm just fed up that City has become a nice place - we should get behind Del and the players when they deserve it hence should the interviewer ask more testing questions post match..? But when they lack desire and effort just perhaps they should all have a rocket - just perhaps there annoyance might work positively?

We are fast becoming a laughing stock, and as a passionate fan, I am fed up with the whole situation..are the players really as depressed as we are as our club slides ever closer to relegation, I don't think so.

Those who went to the Q & A earlier this week found him to be very tetchy and short with his answers, like "why would we need a creative midfielder"?. Well DMC if you don't know i'm sure we don't.

It was quite noticeable that DM has now taken to in-depth analysis of defensive errors and specific reference to chances missed in his post-match interviews. It is of course hard to argue that if we had scored and not conceded we would not have won but this sort of analysis is in my opinion the last resort.

I posted on here after Leicester or Bolton that many were deceiving themselves by focussing on Fontaine and defensive mistakes. I argued then and argue now that the vast majority of goals arise from defensive mistakes and whilst it is possible (and commonplace) to win games when not the better team and lose games after periods of dominance, long-term success can only come from building a better team. We are near the bottom of the Championship because over 22 games we have shown ourselves to be one of the worst teams in the Championship. Yesterday, like so many previous occasions, we were comprehensively outplayed up until the game was lost. Arguably we properly won three games at the start of the season and we may have shaded Middlesborough and (ignoring the first half an hour) even Wednesday BUT it is hard to say we should have won any of the three drawn games or that we were worth a point in more than a couple of the 14 defeats. In the main we have been second best and we have gone on to lose.

As before, sometimes we can compete but cannot score and sometimes we can score between long periods of total submission - managers and players have come and gone (at great expense) but none seem able to even get close to consistently resolving this underlying conundrum.

Archived