IGNORED

Rotherham Make Complaint Against The Dark Side

Never to the dark side

Don't really want to kick Rovers when they're (going) down, but there is a school of thought that they didn't try very hard at all to get the game on for Saturday. Reason being that the rearranged fixture will be in January or February, after the transfer window is open. Slightly cynical view I know, but I can see it being true. If so, very naughty & the travelling Rotherham fans deserve an apology.

I think Brighton fans must feel more aggrieved at Blackburn calling game off at 12:30 - should imagine most would have been pretty close to the ground by then.

I think Brighton fans must feel more aggrieved at Blackburn calling game off at 12:30 - should imagine most would have been pretty close to the ground by then.

Fair comment,but I would have thought most Brighton fans would have been staying the weekend in the aerial

considering thay have not played one another for twenty years

Brighton had to travel 24 miles to get to Wigan v Arsenal for the 12;45pm kick off

and then attend the liverpool v fulham game at 5;30pm

or just attend the Manchester City game at 3pm

What option did Rotherham fans have?

Yeovil Town at home to Oldham

Don't really want to kick Rovers when they're (going) down, but there is a school of thought that they didn't try very hard at all to get the game on for Saturday. Reason being that the rearranged fixture will be in January or February, after the transfer window is open. Slightly cynical view I know, but I can see it being true. If so, very naughty & the travelling Rotherham fans deserve an apology.
It's not like they haven't got a history of it, Saying that I think it's the poor communication from the gas that Rotherham are complaining about, more than the game being postponed, apparently the gas stated on their site that the game would go ahead as normal at 11am, only to then have a pitch inspection at mid day. Not like there was a dramatic change in weather conditions between 11am and mid day, it had been chucking it down all day, plus the fact that there was a severe weather warning for the whole of the south west. Anyone seen my hosepipe.

might be some truth in this, against in-form (Stockport?) the other year despite the weather forecast which every other club took notice of, didn't they either forget or say they didn't own pitch covers and then won the replay?

It's not like they haven't got a history of it, Saying that I think it's the poor communication from the gas that Rotherham are complaining about, more than the game being postponed, apparently the gas stated on their site that the game would go ahead as normal at 11am, only to then have a pitch inspection at mid day. Not like there was a dramatic change in weather conditions between 11am and mid day, it had been chucking it down all day, plus the fact that there was a severe weather warning for the whole of the south west. Anyone seen my hosepipe.

Oo-er Mrs...................

• Admin

Fair comment,but I would have thought most Brighton fans would have been staying the weekend in the aerial

Brighton had to travel 24 miles to get to Wigan v Arsenal for the 12;45pm kick off

You missed the really obvious one, Brighton fans headed across to Accrington for their match against Plymouth.

Look in the Sunday Independant for the picture of the 'away' fans, there are as many Brighton fans in the picture as there are Argyle fans

You missed the really obvious one, Brighton fans headed across to Accrington for their match against Plymouth.

Look in the Sunday Independant for the picture of the 'away' fans, there are as many Brighton fans in the picture as there are Argyle fans

Bizarre... not looked so trust the colour of the image has morphed from green stripes to blue ones. Either that or the south coast has seriously warped the side of the brain that understands direction.

I don't think they ever had any intention of playing on Saturday. A mate of mine can see the Mem from his house and he told me the rugby posts were up at 1 o'clock on Saturday. Pretty quick work considering the game was only called off at 12.

I don't think they ever had any intention of playing on Saturday. A mate of mine can see the Mem from his house and he told me the rugby posts were up at 1 o'clock on Saturday. Pretty quick work considering the game was only called off at 12.

To paraphrase Shankly, if I could see the Mem from my house, I'd close the curtains :)

Don't brighton and Plymouth have some sort of mutual understanding of nearly being made bankrupt.

Not sure if loads of Brighton fans went to home park to support Argyle just a couple of years ago

No that was the Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras

interesting thought but I doubt any football league club would do something like that

What option did Rotherham fans have?

Yeovil Town at home to Oldham

Heard something on 606 about 100 of them going to Accrington v Plymouth - they reckoned there were more Brighton there than Plymouth!

Archived