IGNORED

Bottom Of The League

hortonred

Does anybody realistically think that McInnes can move us off the bottom
Listen we ALL have to think we can or there really is no hope; Together or not at all.

optimistic hope that we convert the game in hand in to points in hand

If there's straws there, I'll clutch 'em, Dorset!

TBH one of the saddest things about today, other than wasting a few quid in diesel, is that the conditions would've suited us more than Udinese Jr.

He did it last season - and he will this season. The players will respond along with Del's acquisitions in January.

More teams being dragged into the mire who haven't been there - we are so we will have a survival mindset.

Name names then because i'm afraid i can't see beyond the bottom four.

I do question why certain posters are City fans - when all they do is spout poison and bile against the club.

Could it be that they use the club as a conduit to vent the pain from their personal lives?

Perhaps it's family issues or drink problems - or maybe sexual uncertainties? They all seem very angry......

+1. Some fans still spout off even when we win... :bored:

Shit, piss bollocks and poo, i cannot see into the future, i can only dream, when i look over my shoulder, i either see crumbling armies or burning bridges....sometimes neither are my doing or my wishing...live to your potential, and god willing let others live to theirs....then we shall see

I do question why certain posters are City fans - when all they do is spout poison and bile against the club.

Could it be that they use the club as a conduit to vent the pain from their personal lives?

Perhaps it's family issues or drink problems - or maybe sexual uncertainties? They all seem very angry......

That's alright then, in fact lets all invite Derek and his bunch of wasters round for dinner and tell him what a great job he's doing.

Or has he manufactured the most gutless squad in the history of the club?

Thats ok though, you just carry on blaming those that give up their weekends & buy their season tickets year after year for this disgrace of a season.

Thank you... I don't like this situation as much as the next (reasonable) fan but we must believe and back the team. I think we are only a couple of players away from a good squad and the rebuilding bodes well. We haven't had the breaks with injuries and results (Sheffield Wednesday aside) and they must change for us soon. Until relegation is a certainty then I will remain a 'happy clapper'

Agreed I cant understand the mentality that we are as good as down when we have 23 games left, until its mathematically impossible we should try and remain optimistic. We do have the basis of a good squad, just need to strengthen that defence in the window and keep Danns til the end of the season if possible. I think we have generally been good away from home recently, if we can play like we have away at home we'll be fine come May.

We are supporters - we support the club. Teams have bad form and good form. I'm as gutted as you - I just happen to believe Del will get us out of this mess again as he did last season. In hindsight we will review these seasons as rebuilding seasons.

I don't see how all this hate and anger benefits us. Hypothetically we get O'Driscoll in - yet more rebuild (not to mention more pay-offs) and more uncertainty. Del has been here before from last season plus he knows the club and players.

There are questions to answer, DMC said something along the lines 'I won't allow this to happen again', after our narrow squeak last season and we are worse off and with absolutely no sign whatsoever that we are capable of mounting an unbeaten run of any consequence and our home form is embarrassing, something that always kept us there or thereabouts when GJ was in charge.

Think under Tinman we were pretty terrible in League 1.. he did his best, a real shame it never really worked out for him.

I'm biased because i loved the bloke and of course he was City through and through, but it was City's fault for employing him, a cheap option...funnily enough the man who is currently taking us down was exactly that.

I'm biased because i loved the bloke and of course he was City through and through, but it was City's fault for employing him, a cheap option...funnily enough the man who is currently taking us down was exactly that.

Agreed, especially about the cheap option.. Board are to blame, after all they are the people who hire and fire managers.

Agreed, especially about the cheap option.. Board are to blame, after all they are the people who hire and fire managers.

It was thought that Mcinnes was some kind of god as he had taken St Johnstone up to the dizzy heights of 4th or 5th in the scottish premier league, nearly any club in that league could achieve that, Inverness CT are currently second only 4 points away from Celtic. (I realise Rangers are no longer there) i would not be going to watch City if i didn't have a season ticket, it is just a chore these days.

It was thought that Mcinnes was some kind of god as he had taken St Johnstone up to the dizzy heights of 4th or 5th in the scottish premier league, nearly any club in that league could achieve that, Inverness CT are currently second only 4 points away from Celtic. (I realise Rangers are no longer there) i would not be going to watch City if i didn't have a season ticket, it is just a chore these days.

Keep the faith mate.

I was following City when we were 92nd in the league and thought it could not get worse. In fact it got better and better.

Keep in there.

I agree - Del got the mojo working last season and he can do again. Puzzles me too that we aren't getting the results this improved squad suggests we should - then again we all realise how tough this league is. The priority is to stay in the championship at all costs - until we are ready to launch the promotion to the Prem that our City deserves (even though I do despair at some of our fanbase - though I guess every club has them).

you are clearly

1) on the wind up

2) deluded

3) insane

4) 2 and 3

I agree - GJ deserves more credit than he gets from some. Del will improve the home form.

If you think about it - I'd rather have the bad form in the first half of the season than the latter.

He kept us up last season and he will this season.

I'll humour you...

what have you seen that makes you believe Del can turn round our home form? as well as our league position?

"he did it once before".....is not a worthy answer either.

What have you seen this season, with this squad, that warrants you to belittle people who dare question McInnes and his methods

The definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The definition of retarded, following blindly the actions of a man who does the above!

The idea of us doing better in the 2nd half of the season, because the 1st half of the season couldn't be any worse; ******* RIDICULOUS!

I'll humour you...

what have you seen that makes you believe Del can turn round our home form? as well as our league position?

What have you seen this season, with this squad, that warrants you to belittle people who dare question McInnes and his methods

But it seems he is turning our away form around so why cant he turn the home form around? Less pressure away from home? Perhaps if home fans didnt start slagging the team off 10min into a game when its 0-0 then maybe heads wouldnt go down so easily. Yes the argument can be made that people pay their money and have a right to criticise but 10min into a game is just absolutely ludicrous!

But it seems he is turning our away form around so why cant he turn the home form around? Less pressure away from home? Perhaps if home fans didnt start slagging the team off 10min into a game when its 0-0 then maybe heads wouldnt go down so easily. Yes the argument can be made that people pay their money and have a right to criticise but 10min into a game is just absolutely ludicrous!

I've not seen or heard anyone get on anyone's back at Ashton Gate after 10 minutes....unless we're get stuffed 3-0 or something like that.

Ashton Gate is not an intimidating place....piss poor excuse to say make out the players are "scared". Absolutely pathetic excuse

I've not seen or heard anyone get on anyone's back at Ashton Gate after 10 minutes....unless we're get stuffed 3-0 or something like that.

Ashton Gate is not an intimidating place....piss poor excuse to say make out the players are "scared". Absolutely pathetic excuse

Well I have, a few times as well and I've seen comments from others on various groups saying the same. And btw McInnes never said that or if he did then he echoed that, it was SL who said the players were 'scared' to play at home. And if you're referring to me, I said less pressure away from home.

Keep the faith mate.

I was following City when we were 92nd in the league and thought it could not get worse. In fact it got better and better.

Keep in there.

It was 30 years ago almost to the day when we were bottom of the whole football league and the only way was up. Sorry to write this but the only way for us now seems to be down given the ability of some of our lacklustre players. 23 games to go and much can change and I hope it does because I don't fancy another 7 seasons of Div 1 football before getting promotion.

I'll humour you...

Alan Dicks had several sh1t seasons scrapping at the bottom of the old 2nd div but dispite many calls for "Dicks Out" we battled on and then swept all before us to the top division.Seems fans have lost patience and now want instant success.

DM may or may not do just exactly the same, if he dosent then it wont be for the lack of trying. So in answer to your question its; its been done before times not right for giving up.

unbelievable that some people are actually using it as an excuse.....

The only times I've heard abuse is when we are , once again, getting smashed.

In fact.....they got clapped off against Derby by some in the Atyeo. Pathetic

Whats pathetic is your over the top criticism, you're quite happy to slag off the home form and yes its poor but you haven't mentioned anything about him turning around our recent away form, plus if he is turning around the away form, then why cant he turn around the home form? No doubt soon enough you'll get your wish if the home form continues and McInnes is sacked and no doubt you'll be slagging off the next poor mug who manages the team should it all go wrong again.. that is what you call pathetic.

Alan Dicks had several sh1t seasons scrapping at the bottom of the old 2nd div but dispite many calls for "Dicks Out" we battled on and then swept all before us to the top division.Seems fans have lost patience and now want instant success.

DM may or may not do just exactly the same, if he dosent then it wont be for the lack of trying. So in answer to your question its; its been done before times not right for giving up.

You are right, but the difference was even though small in the beginning fans could see not only improvement but that he was building a very good side and side that was difficult to beat, I doubt that anybody can see that at the moment.

I actually suspect that when DMC said a couple of weeks ago 'I didn't see that coming', he was being totally honest, because unlike quite a few fans he really believed we were going to be there or there abouts this season and what has happend is a complete shock to him, as I said quite a few fans (me not included, I must admit) predicted pretty much what is happening to us and I am beginning to feel there is no way out because as I said earlier the other 3 teams who are our relegation rivals can occasionally keep clean sheets and I Believe at least one of those teams are at this moment in time better than us.

Maybe some people should go to the Gerry Gow thread to see what commitment looks like. For that matter, so should our players, although they'd just giggle about the kit, the hairstyles, and the p1ssy little cars they drove in those days - other than Kevin Mabbutt, obviously ;)

You are right, but the difference was even though small in the beginning fans could see not only improvement but that he was building a very good side and side that was difficult to beat, I doubt that anybody can see that at the moment.

I actually suspect that when DMC said a couple of weeks ago 'I didn't see that coming', he was being totally honest, because unlike quite a few fans he really believed we were going to be there or there abouts this season and what has happend is a complete shock to him, as I said quite a few fans (me not included, I must admit) predicted pretty much what is happening to us and I am beginning to feel there is no way out because as I said earlier the other 3 teams who are our relegation rivals can occasionally keep clean sheets and I Believe at least one of those teams are at this moment in time better than us.

"at this moment" maybe but this is not the relegation moment. I can understand why it seems many fans are giving up BUT there was also a moment when we trashed Cardiff/Palace that feelings were not the same.That was not years ago it was this season which is only halfway through and with many of the same players and definately the same manager.

Its going to be a tough ask but we are CITY anything is possible.Its not over.

"at this moment" maybe but this is not the relegation moment. I can understand why it seems many fans are giving up BUT there was also a moment when we trashed Cardiff/Palace that feelings were not the same.That was not years ago it was this season which is only halfway through and with many of the same players and definately the same manager.

Its going to be a tough ask but we are CITY anything is possible.Its not over.

I just hope you are right, but I fear that because DMC wasn't expecting this and it wasn't in his plans that he hasn't got the solution, that is my gut feeling.

All true, however HE didnt have this gutless shower, led by one of City's WORST defenders EVER...

IF we stay up, it would be a ******* MIRACLE. That said, binning McInnes would be a complete waste of time and WOULD garantee relegation, and cost us ANOTHER big pay off. Fact is we are paying for Johnson's, & Millens utter ineptitude in signing CHMPIONSHIP standard players, and Coppell's sudden clarity of the mess we were in, hence his rapid bail out...

This club needs to be SERIOUSLY sort itself out. Steve Lansdown wants to get it by the scruff of the neck, and get it the way Johnson & he got it running the season we managed promotion, PDQ, or its yet another long spell in League 1 beckoning, with a big debt pile to boot..

Whats pathetic is your over the top criticism, you're quite happy to slag off the home form and yes its poor but you haven't mentioned anything about him turning around our recent away form, plus if he is turning around the away form, then why cant he turn around the home form? No doubt soon enough you'll get your wish if the home form continues and McInnes is sacked and no doubt you'll be slagging off the next poor mug who manages the team should it all go wrong again.. that is what you call pathetic.

No what's pathetic is some fans who genuinely believe we are having a "blip"

What's pathetic is our performances at home have been gutless. This season has been the worst I've seen and the blame lies solely at the feet of the man who failed to recruit in the right positions, whilst at the same time loading up on positions that were not priority.

Losing games I can take.....Blackburn and Leeds at home I clapped the players off, they gave everything. Since then though....it's been horrific with no sign of any kind of improvement. The Wolves game was dreadful....that should have been rock bottom....then there was Derby which I felt was worse.

The bloke does not have a clue how to turn this around. Call me pathetic all you want, but I'm just fed up of poor management at this club from the top to the bottom. I have no faith in this board, manager or players. I have no reason to be?

All true, however HE didnt have this gutless shower, led by one of City's WORST defenders EVER...IF we stay up, it would be a ******* MIRACLE. That said, binning McInnes would be a complete waste of time and WOULD garantee relegation, and cost us ANOTHER big pay off. Fact is we are paying for Johnson's, & Millens utter ineptitude in signing CHMPIONSHIP standard players, and Coppell's sudden clarity of the mess we were in, hence his rapid bail out...This club needs to be SERIOUSLY sort itself out. Steve Lansdown wants to get it by the scruff of the neck, and get it the way Johnson & he got it running the season we managed promotion, PDQ, or its yet another long spell in League 1 beckoning, with a big debt pile to boot..

Are we seriously still blaming Johnson? What's he been gone....4 years?

The blame lies solely with this board and McInnes

Archived