IGNORED

Jody Morris

Guest Bob Taylor's Knob

Somebody get this useless leech fking c*** out of my football club.

So many clueless fans.

Is it his fault that he was offered a contract? No

Should he not sign that contract if he thinks he isn't good enough? No.

Is it his fault that DM didn't think he was good enough to play him? No

If he isn't in the squad on a matchday is he 'working' on Saturday afternoons? No

Has he slagged the club off or behaved unprofessionally? No

Do quite a lot of City fans not seem to understand how football works and slag him off when it is all out of his control? Yes.

So many clueless fans.

If he isn't in the squad on a matchday is he 'working' on Saturday afternoons? No

Do quite a lot of City fans not seem to understand how football works and slag him off when it is all out of his control? Yes.

True, it was a bizarre signing, even by City's standards, and although I got heavily shouted down at the time when I questioned Del signing him, you can't blame Jody Morris. if someone was going to pay me a year's money and then give me next to no work, I may be bemused even frustrated, but I certainly wouldn't be to blame! Given the amount if personal stick the bloke has had on that there Twitter, he has been quite restrained.

True, it was a bizarre signing, even by City's standards, and although I got heavily shouted down at the time when I questioned Del signing him, you can't blame Jody Morris. if someone was going to pay me a year's money and then give me next to no work, I may be bemused even frustrated, but I certainly wouldn't be to blame! Given the amount if personal stick the bloke has had on that there Twitter, he has been quite restrained.

Not really. Anyone who gets paid anything from the club then doesn't appear to do anything at all (or even watch the matches) is gonna get stick.

Not really. Anyone who gets paid anything from the club then doesn't appear to do anything at all (or even watch the matches) is gonna get stick.

'doesn't appear to do anything at all?!'' Sorry I must have missed all the OTIB stories about him frequently missing training and refusing to play/sit on the bench when selected or do any promotional work for the club!! If the club as employers does not have a firm rule that states that players under contract that are not selected, HAVE to attend matches, I cannot see what he has done wrong.

So many clueless fans.

Finally, a sensible post about Jody Morris - hooray!

When Jody came on early season against Cardiff (I think) he actually put in a good shift. I can remember him putting in some strong tackles and getting amongst the Cardiff players, and was applauded by all sides of the ground or bringing something to our team that had largely been missing for years.

I agree that what has happened since has made his a peculiar signing, but that is not necessarily the fault of the player.

'doesn't appear to do anything at all?!'' Sorry I must have missed all the OTIB stories about him frequently missing training and refusing to play/sit on the bench when selected or do any promotional work for the club!! If the club as employers does not have a firm rule that states that players under contract that are not selected, HAVE to attend matches, I cannot see what he has done wrong.

Well obviously the club are in for the blame as well but Morris is the one who's gonna get the criticism as well because he's the centre of it. Might not be fair but neither is him getting paid for nothing.

• Admin

It was always a strange signing, DMc obviously worked with him for a long period of time and knew his game inside out.

He goes back to sign him again obviously knowing what he is all about then no sooner does he play against Gillingham, he seems to disapear off the face of the earth !

JM openly admits that he was injured for 5 weeks, but apart from that he has trained and been available for selection

Interesting that he mentioned that the reason he never "tweets" about Bristol City, is that there is a club policy stopping our players from doing so

Afraid it's another one of the baffling DMc legacies - just like signing Paul Anderson.

Afraid it's another one of the baffling DMc legacies - just like signing Paul Anderson.

That signing is hardly baffling. Anderson has gone on to be a mainstay of our team and on Saturday was part of the reason the tide turned our way.

What was baffling was McInnes not playing him for the first few months of the season.

On Morris, I've taken the pee over his various twitpics from the bar and I do think its likely that he should've worked harder to maintain his fitness and push for a first team place, BUT I do agree with Red Dave that he doesn't deserve the venom for having signed in the first place. McInnes took that decision, and the decision not to use him.

If this rumour that he's going to be paid off (which is hardly a winning situation for the club, we're still paying him) isn't true, then I wouldn't mind seeing him play once more - just to make it clear in my mind whether or not he's really surplus to requirements.

Archived