IGNORED

James Wilson Mouthing Off !

coxyboy

Not sure if this has been discussed but mouthing back to sections of family section and Dolman before half time. In my opinion a disgrace, regardless if he was getting stick ( quite righty ) regarding his negative performance. You got to take the stick as well as the riches and that is the job and once players start giving some back then to me there finished . I have him a volley half time not because he was crap but for his outburst, he needs to remember that when he picks up his thousands a week which we pay for people are struggling to make ends meet, am I right or wrong ?

Not sure if this has been discussed but mouthing back to sections of family section and Dolman before half time. In my opinion a disgrace, regardless if he was getting stick ( quite righty ) regarding his negative performance. You got to take the stick as well as the riches and that is the job and once players start giving some back then to me there finished . I have him a volley half time not because he was crap but for his outburst, he needs to remember that when he picks up his thousands a week which we pay for people are struggling to make ends meet, am I right or wrong ?

You spoilt it by coming accross as jealous because he earns more than you. Out of interest do you think it's ok to scream at someone and not get anything back?

Two things I am not jealous, you don't even know how much I earn so don't embarrass yourself please. Second there are all cons to a job , his being he has to except to be criticised if he is not doing the business, which like most of themselves is not.

Just yet another hypocritical situation that arises from 'fan v player'.

People just don't seem to understand that, despite pre-conceptions, for a player to make it (even at this level) as a professional athlete takes unbelievable drive and determination and a will to win. That may decrease after a few years as a well-payed, comfortable, professional, but I doubt Wilson has reached that yet.

To be in a bottom of the league side, to get a rare chance to play and then take an absolute battering while not putting in a decent performance must have been agonising for him. To then walk off the field and take an absolute barrage of abuse would have been the icing on top of this sour-tasting cake.

Given a few years in the game Wilson, and other young professional footballers around the country, will become de-sensitised to the personal, pathetic and often clueless ramblings of 'supporters' and be able to brush it off as they walk up the tunnel.

Will probably be somewhat ironic when in years to come, on whichever fans forum/social media platform for whichever club it happens to be, they'll be a thread bemoaning a now older James Wilson (or a player of his ilk from that generation) for looking blankly on, seemingly without emotion, as he left the field after his side took a beating.

I saw this incident towards then end of the 1st half. If I remember correctly, James Wilson had the ball in the right back position, just inside our half. Ricky Foster was ahead of him signalling that he wanted the ball, although Konchesky was marking him. James decided against passing 10 years up the line to Ricky as he was being marked, turned back and kept possession by playing a ball back to our centre back. A gentleman stood up and began shouting at James, presumably for not passing forward. i assume this is why as he had done nothing wrong at this monent in the game. I couldn't hear what was said but it clearly offended James who said something back and had a look on his face that read 'you haven't got a clue mate'. Whatever was said by the fan was obviously unnecessary as another fan in the next block stood up and started arguing with this guy. They exchanged words until they were told to calm down by fellow fans and a steward.

In my opinion, for a person to stand up and shout something at a player in this manner, they are usually pretty stupid. Whatever was said must have been idiotic as James looked bemused by whatever nonsense was spouted. If James had said something offensive back then other fans would have turned on him but most people in that area were shouting at this guy to sit down and shut up.

Two things I am not jealous, you don't even know how much I earn so don't embarrass yourself please. Second there are all cons to a job , his being he has to except to be criticised if he is not doing the business, which like most of themselves is not.

You alluded to it not me, I don't understand why you think you can shout abuse at someone and not expect anything back just because they earn £££ a week, don't get me wrong, it makes me ******* sick how much that current bunch earn as half of them don't care one bit.

I'm more than happy to have a pop at a player but I would not care one bit if he gave a bit back, in fact I would probably think its a good thing as it might show a footballer who actually dies csre s bit. There is nothing worse when your having a crap day for someone to come and tell you what you already know!!

I know this is not what the thread is about, but I am so disappointed in James Wilson the player. A couple of seasons a go it looked like he had all the attributes to go and be a top Championship centre back, but he just hasn't kicked on. I really hope the new manager can turn him around otherwise I think it is away in the summer probably to a League Two outfit.

I know this is not what the thread is about, but I am so disappointed in James Wilson the player. A couple of seasons a go it looked like he had all the attributes to go and be a top Championship centre back, but he just hasn't kicked on. I really hope the new manager can turn him around otherwise I think it is away in the summer probably to a League Two outfit.

I agree he's really an appalling defender, dreadful positioning, shocking passing & to be quite honest I'm surprised he's still with us.

Guest Bedminster Born And Red

Agree with the general sentiment that he is probably realising himself that he is finding it hard to cut it at Championship level and he let his frustration get the better of him. Can't knock him for that particularly. However I wish he would have shown some aggression to the Leicester players and not the "idiot" on the sideline abusing him who should know better at his age.

From what I can gather (my son knows a friend of his old man) he has a decent contract here and will not be easy to shift.

Perhaps the player was frustrated because the manager has basically not spoken to him in training or any capacity for weeks if not months and he doesn't know why. Must be frustrating to then be chucked in the deep end with little match fitness.

Remember his performance last season v Middlesboro? There is good player somewhere inside him IMO..

I saw this incident towards then end of the 1st half. If I remember correctly, James Wilson had the ball in the right back position, just inside our half. Ricky Foster was ahead of him signalling that he wanted the ball, although Konchesky was marking him. James decided against passing 10 years up the line to Ricky as he was being marked, turned back and kept possession by playing a ball back to our centre back. A gentleman stood up and began shouting at James, presumably for not passing forward. i assume this is why as he had done nothing wrong at this monent in the game. I couldn't hear what was said but it clearly offended James who said something back and had a look on his face that read 'you haven't got a clue mate'. Whatever was said by the fan was obviously unnecessary as another fan in the next block stood up and started arguing with this guy. They exchanged words until they were told to calm down by fellow fans and a steward.

In my opinion, for a person to stand up and shout something at a player in this manner, they are usually pretty stupid. Whatever was said must have been idiotic as James looked bemused by whatever nonsense was spouted. If James had said something offensive back then other fans would have turned on him but most people in that area were shouting at this guy to sit down and shut up.

A player should shrug it off, as ill-thought through as the comment clearly was.

Wilson might have done nothing wrong there, but he was absent without leave when Wood pushed up for his first two goals and neither he nor Foster could deal with Konchesky (thank God he tired in the second half). I can understand people's frustration with him.

Just got to echo about what Tomarse has said about wilsons treatment by the manager. I don't know about that player but there is at least one other, very experienced pro, who was dropped and left baffled by the managers lack of dialogue to explain why. I know he sought explanation several times but the manager wouldn't talk to him, then suddenly he was back in favour. This was months ago, not a recent happening so can't be explained by recent pressure. I was surprised to hear that about Del as I didn't think his style of management was like this.

Archived