IGNORED

Just Got Back

Forza Revolution

I thought we were in the game and could easily have gone on to get a point or three (whilst Carey was on the pitch). However, The game changed drastically when Carey went off. They have some quality players such as Olsen, Pederson, murphy, Rhodes etc who were the difference. Murphy in particular in my opinion. Wilson was no match for rhodes and needs time to grow and develop if he is to play at this level.

The away following was good whilst we were at 0-0. I am a big fan of Anderson but he was not at his best today. The midfield seemed to be non existent at 2 down. I don't think it is all doom and gloom. We cannot expect a manager to come in and take 3 points from every game. I would of taken 6 out of the 12 since o Driscoll joined considering the teams. With skuse, Kilkenny and adomah today I think it could of been different. Keep the faith

I thought we were in the game and could easily have gone on to get a point or three (whilst Carey was on the pitch). However, The game changed drastically when Carey went off. They have some quality players such as Olsen, Pederson, murphy, Rhodes etc who were the difference. Murphy in particular in my opinion. Wilson was no match for rhodes and needs time to grow and develop if he is to play at this level.

The away following was good whilst we were at 0-0. I am a big fan of Anderson but he was not at his best today. The midfield seemed to be non existent at 2 down. I don't think it is all doom and gloom. We cannot expect a manager to come in and take 3 points from every game. I would of taken 6 out of the 12 since o Driscoll joined considering the teams. With skuse, Kilkenny and adomah today I think it could of been different. Keep the faith

Wilson.Time to grow up and develop? The bloke is 24, way too late I would say. Probably the fault of all previous managers for not giving him game time, and constantly loaning him to a lower level.

Time is up

Sums up all of the armchair supporters.

People who were actually there are ignored and no response for two hours?

More interested in the Robin badge than then actual relevant point, that of the match today?

What is this forum all about?

We may well have looked in the game until the second goal, but it's sobering to realise Blackburn could have picked a random man off the street and played him in goal, and the result today would have been the same.

Apart from Elliott's header, did we have any efforts on target? What did the Blackburn keeper have to do all day? Probably his easiest run-out of the season.

And we conceded two terrible goals - why did we head the corner straight back to Pedersen when it looked easier to stay on your feet and hook it clear? And what on earth was Wilson doing for the second goal?

We may well have looked in the game until the second goal, but it's sobering to realise Blackburn could have picked a random man off the street and played him in goal, and the result today would have been the same.

Apart from Elliott's header, did we have any efforts on target? What did the Blackburn keeper have to do all day? Probably his easiest run-out of the season.

And we conceded two terrible goals - why did we head the corner straight back to Pedersen when it looked easier to stay on your feet and hook it clear? And what on earth was Wilson doing for the second goal?

Same could be said of heaton until there second goal. Only thing he did for 65 mins was pick the ball out of the net twice.

Just back. Agree with OP comments. And with SOD on the main site - if Jordan Rhodes had been playing for us we would likely have won. He took their two chances. We didn't take ours. And although I don't know the shots on target numbers, we did have a couple of decent half chances - in the first half we put together the best move of the day.

We hit the post first half from a cracking bit of 1 touch football, we had a free kick from Davies which just glided over, Anderson had a swing and a miss and a couple of shots which we should of done better with eg marvs from edge of the area. Agree though we didn't make there keep have to much to do. As I said Wilson was at fault for the second.

I am a little more optimistic than most.

Given that we were up against ex Premier League & an £8 million striker one could be forgiven in thinking that we would be limited to set pieces but we actually carved them open on two occasions with some brilliant play and on another day would have scored two goals.

For all their possession I don't recall Heaton having to make too many saves.

A further plus point was Marv and Kelly in particular who I thought had his best game in a City shirt since joining.

Agreed.

Take out the two mistakes for the goals first Anderson's pathtic headed clearence and Wilson's equally pathetic weak defensive play we were good for a draw.

No doubt the players were tired after a lot of chasing on Tuesday and we had to do the same agin today at times but we had a 3/4 good chances ourselves to get sumut out of game. Let's not forget Blackburn still got International & Prem class through their team on tripple the wages of our lot and were down to our bare bones.

Stead should of played for me as it clear Davies is over weight & unfit. Couldnt hold it up and Baldock got no touch so wasnt sticking upfront. Kelly my MOTM. Decent on the ball & very good off of it. Pearson again pathetic and confirmed by 2 Blackburn friends.

Were in safe hands long term with SOD.

Sums up all of the armchair supporters.

People who were actually there are ignored and no response for two hours?

More interested in the Robin badge than then actual relevant point, that of the match today?

What is this forum all about?

Ummmm your point is? I see you have added your significant insight on the op's thread.

Oh wait a minute, no you didn't, t, you slagged off every single person who didn't respond to it.

What a bloody stupid post, especially as you added zero input into yourself.

Agreed.

Take out the two mistakes for the goals first Anderson's pathtic headed clearence and Wilson's equally pathetic weak defensive play we were good for a draw.

No doubt the players were tired after a lot of chasing on Tuesday and we had to do the same agin today at times but we had a 3/4 good chances ourselves to get sumut out of game. Let's not forget Blackburn still got International & Prem class through their team on tripple the wages of our lot and were down to our bare bones.

Stead should of played for me as it clear Davies is over weight & unfit. Couldnt hold it up and Baldock got no touch so wasnt sticking upfront. Kelly my MOTM. Decent on the ball & very good off of it. Pearson again pathetic and confirmed by 2 Blackburn friends.

Cunningham cleared the corner, and Davies was our best forward, hit the side netting and post. When stead came on we conceded straight away, he lost ball for the goal and only once in 25 mins won the ball.

Pearson played really well linked up very well with Cunningham and won a lot of ball in midfield. He gave it away sometimes but that was because he was playing balls into space and no one was making the runs. He was along with Anderson our creative outlet, Kelly and Elliott broke up play non stop and played simple balls to Pearson and Anderson to create.

Although we played well for over an hour we did not have a Jorden Rhodes in our side,if we did we would have come away with 3 points,he was unplayable yesterday.

This brings me onto Blackburn Rovers would you want to be owned by foreign paltry farmers and massively in debt with top player like Rhodes or owned by a local businessman and have a manageable debt and have player like Baldock and Albert ?

Agreed.

I too would have started with Stead, certainly with the benefit of hindsight, but I thought Davies played well yesterday. He always showed for the ball and manged to hold it up and retain possesion (something we remain poor at it) while always offering the threat that his superb left foot will always give you.

Baldock on the other hand is a concern for me. Once again yesterday we were effectively carrying him and as you say his lack of a first touch is worrying. I was excited when we signed him and at times this season he has showed what a talent he is, but too often he has gone entire matches and the only thing you really notice about him is how much better his touch could/should be. In sides better than ours they may be able to put up with his weaknesses in the knowledge that he is dangerous if provided with a chance, but we cannot afford to be effectively playing with ten which was the case for the majority of yesterday's game.

Thanks for the report Where hoping for a point before the game. But its not over yet. If we win most of our homegames and take some win away we will make it. COYR!!!

I too would have started with Stead, certainly with the benefit of hindsight, but I thought Davies played well yesterday. He always showed for the ball and manged to hold it up and retain possesion (something we remain poor at it) while always offering the threat that his superb left foot will always give you.

Baldock on the other hand is a concern for me. Once again yesterday we were effectively carrying him and as you say his lack of a first touch is worrying. I was excited when we signed him and at times this season he has showed what a talent he is, but too often he has gone entire matches and the only thing you really notice about him is how much better his touch could/should be. In sides better than ours they may be able to put up with his weaknesses in the knowledge that he is dangerous if provided with a chance, but we cannot afford to be effectively playing with ten which was the case for the majority of yesterday's game.

Yeah all my lot was of the opinion that Davies played well and after watching the highlightes i was probably being a bit harsh on him. Out of the two he was much better than Baldock though. One of them players is Sam i wonder what he actually contributes if he's not scoring goals. He works hard got a goal in him but wouldnt call him prolific.

Davies & Stead to start next match for me. No pace but both got footballing brains and believe would link up well. We can then use Baldock's pace last 20.

Guest Frome Red

Although we played well for over an hour we did not have a Jorden Rhodes in our side,if we did we would have come away with 3 points,he was unplayable yesterday.

This brings me onto Blackburn Rovers would you want to be owned by foreign paltry farmers and massively in debt with top player like Rhodes or owned by a local businessman and have a manageable debt and have player like Baldock and Albert ?

Are your saying Blackburn are in massive debt ? If you are then you are completely wrong they are debt free, so yes I would change are position for there's.

Agreed.

There seems to be some kind of open secret in respect of Davies...Is anyone able to illucidate!? I'm open to a PM if people would rather not post on an open forum!

SoD kind of touched on something a week or two ago regarding fitness with this lad...He is going to be key in the next few weeks and pray he doesn't end up like the bloke from Bolton!!....Can of worms Colin Sexton said once about him!!

There seems to be some kind of open secret in respect of Davies...Is anyone able to illucidate!? I'm open to a PM if people would rather not post on an open forum!

SoD kind of touched on something a week or two ago regarding fitness with this lad...He is going to be key in the next few weeks and pray he doesn't end up like the bloke from Bolton!!....Can of worms Colin Sexton said once about him!!

Mmmm... Canned worms :)

Archived