IGNORED

City Vs Derby Match Thread

Robin 101

And thats my point not slating SOD but we are still not up for a fight as a team.

You have to have the gut for a fit. Players like Baldock and Davies, they are players who would flourish in a form team. They have no desire to play for us. Players like Elliott and Skuse....laughable that they are still being relied on to be the centre midfield pairing to win us a game. 4 or 5 years together....they've been shocking....yet here we are, with Mr Charisma and the bumbling buffoon still running our engine room.

I can't believe how bad we're are

#BristolCity are yet to score themselves away from home under O'Driscoll (3 own goals to date). If that doesn't change soon they're down.

Jon Stead was the last #BristolCity player to score in an away fixture - in the 2-1 defeat at Millwall on New Year's Day.

is that true?! we havent scored an away goal through a city player since new years day?! surely not?

Listening to Rams player for different perspective, we're poor according to Roger Davies and should be 3 or 4 down.

Also listening to Rams Player - they ACTUALLY commentate on the game and give a perspective of where the ball is, rather than Hoskins & Baker waffling on about nothing!

Nice, OK ITS SUPERB............... now check out the table and come back with a decent response, we are still not good enough.

You said nothing has changed since SOD took over.

You have to have the gut for a fit. Players like Baldock and Davies, they are players who would flourish in a form team. They have no desire to play for us. Players like Elliott and Skuse....laughable that they are still being relied on to be the centre midfield pairing to win us a game. 4 or 5 years together....they've been shocking....yet here we are, with Mr Charisma and the bumbling buffoon still running our engine room.

I can't believe how bad we're are

Sadly going on our away form this season Derby will have to do little else to win this game (OG's permitting) their 1st half goal should be enough.

is that true?! we havent scored an away goal through a city player since new years day?! surely not?

... this makes for even worse reading: "It's now over 700 minutes since a Bristol City player scored away from home. Trailing 1-0 at Derby, they desperately need that to change."

Anyway, COYR!!!

As I said in the "sink or swim" thread the difference to me between his season and last is that there is absolutely no fight in this team.

Last season we got out of the turd by scrapping and fighting for every ball - when you are where we are that is probably more important than technical ability.

SOD has done his best, but the majority of his squad are spineless and gutless and not up for the fight required. Without Carey and Stead we have no chance I'm afraid.

Come on SO'D, let's see some decisive action to give us and those poor buggers who've travelled to Derby something to shout about.

Albert and Kelly on for starters.

Should of been done already, what the f have we to lose now; we have to go for it NOW

All over. Didn't expect any less than disappointment tonight.

Exactly, we were never going to get anything tonight, they have a reasonably good home record and play confidently.

We may well win all our home games (although BW & BiC look much harder games than they did a month ro so ago) but that won't be enough.

Also very surprised we never got anyone in on loan, the loanees last season kept us up.

I know players have to want to come here and play for us but can youi honestly tell me that their isn;t a young premiership youngster that is better than Kilkenny, Skuse, Elliott & Pearson or a young striker.

Not sure how City Player described the goal, but from the Derby comms it suggested that Davies lost the ball on the edge of their box, the ball went to Sammon who ran from his own half, down the right, cut inside and crossed to the far post for Ward to score. By the sounds of it, as predicted, there was zero midfield cover and their players just waltz up the pitch at will.

Just confirmed by their comms, I quote "The Bristol players just seem to be standing off".

We miss Kelly - no question.

SOD has managed to get an 89% record (points won v points available) at home and 5% away. Even McInnes had 28% away. Difficult to explain.

Never mind, eh? Don't focus on outcomes, don't look at the league table. There's a lot I like about SOD, but finding quite a few things very strange...

Lansdown is no Dolman that's the problem.

Kidding people with fancy figures on computer screens or designing and making useful things which customers want to buy ?

It's not just City it's the whole of Britain.

Do you know there are people around here living in bamboo huts working 70 hours a week earning 5p an hour and yet they are perfectly happy with a kick around and a pint of Bia Hoi on their day off. What is the point of a huge concrete monstrosity at Ashton Marsh or a plastic clad meccano set up at Stoke Gifford if you can't forget all your cares with an Atyyyyeeeeoooo or a Haaaarold and have a laugh and a joke with your mates on a Saturday afternoon ?

Think I'm just living in hope - in reality, think I'm consigned to relegation as well. Sounds like there's no fight, creativity or will from the players - shocking, saddening and embarrassing.

And worrying....................you would hope a new manager could install some fight.

Lansdown is no Dolman that's the problem.

Kidding people with fancy figures on computer screens or designing and making useful things which customers want to buy ?

It's not just City it's the whole of Britain.

Do you know there are people around here living in bamboo huts working 70 hours a week earning 5p an hour and yet they are perfectly happy with a kick around and a pint of Bia Hoi on their day off. What is the point of a huge concrete monstrosity at Ashton Marsh or a plastic clad meccano set up at Stoke Gifford if you can't forget all your cares with an Atyyyyeeeeoooo or a Haaaarold and have a laugh and a joke with your mates on a Saturday afternoon ?

What?

Guest fabio

Need results to go are way tomorrow that's for sure guys. Still Monday is a massive game and I'm confident we will beat shef wed!

Wolves v middlesbourgh

Peterbourgh v Cardiff

Sheff wed v Barnsley

Hudds v hull

Ips v Leeds

Charlton v Bolton

Need all of them to keep it tight not sure about wed v barns draw or barns win?

Think I'm just living it hope - in reality, think I'm consigned to relegation as well. Sounds like there's no fight, creativity or will from the players - shocking and saddening.

All the 6 teams above us have games in hand and 2 of them have 2 games in hand; thats even if we could get the same points as them; we lack flair, attacking prowess and a midfeild apart from that, we should survive in the 3rd teir.

SOD has made some very odd decisions at Wolves and tonight, games we needed something from.

True, for nearly an hour at Wolves they were there for the taking, the one way to make sure of the points was to score a second and third. We just seemed to be content with 1-0 which was always asking for trouble. Once they equalised confidence returned and we were doomed.

Need results to go are way tomorrow that's for sure guys. Still Monday is a massive game and I'm confident we will beat shef wed!

Wolves v middlesbourgh

Peterbourgh v Cardiff

Sheff wed v Barnsley

Hudds v hull

Ips v Leeds

Charlton v Bolton

Need all of them to keep it tight not sure about wed v barns draw or barns win?

Weds have 2 games in hand we cannot win away, we ARE RELEGATED

Guest fabio

All the 6 teams above us have games in hand and 2 of them have 2 games in hand; thats even if we could get the same points as them; we lack flair, attacking prowess and a midfeild apart from that, we should survive in the 3rd teir.

Which they'll play tomorrow tough games

its 8 teams, up to blackpool everyone has played 37 or 38

A very curious capitulation. No fight, no leadership on or off the pitch. It's as if the only people who care are the fans. Be interested to see who's first to post the 'football philosophy according to Sean' after this one, and proclaim his genius. Skuse and a geriatric Jamaican. Give me strength.

Archived