IGNORED

City Vs Derby Match Thread

Robin 101

Really into his mind Nogbad?

Sure he felt he could do it, it was his passion that convinced me

No, it's my opinion, just like the above is yours, Rough.

His comments early on convinced me he was almost certainly the right man long term.

I don't remember ever feeling convinced he felt he would keep City up though.

This club is rotten from the top right through to the bottom

2007 gave us the perfect opportunity to finally go somewhere and its been ****** right up from the moment we lost on the play off final.

So now its back to that **** known as League One.

How many ******* years did it take to get out of it and now we're heading back there.

Ive had my fill of Carlisle , Leyton orient and Brentford over the years

What is really funny Birmingham, a team close to administration and falling like a stone and the fans and players turning on the manager are now 7 points off of the play offs.

Minus the administration, that sounds like it could be us in league one next year.

"Heaton makes a mess of it and it's 3-0"

It was more the fact that their player sounded to have run unopposed down the left for what seemed an eternity.

Sounded all night as though we didn't put any pressure on the man with the ball. No fight, no pressure, no tempo and also sounded as if we didn't string 2 passes together in midfield.

Hate to say I told you so, but see Page 1 of this thread. Predictable performance without our best midfielder - baffling selection???

Right explain this pathetic 3-0 defeat

Not sure I can , other than to say we're not good enough for this level , our midfield tonight was always going to be the weak link. How many minutes of football has Elliott played this week , on top of all the travelling ?

wolves was the turning point of this season imo - i was criticised on here for saying it was a must win, but look at the tone it has set which has continued into today

It certainly was but we bottled it. A lot of people on here wear very rose tinted specs.

Injuries to key players, no loan players to replace/supplement them, no creativity, no fight/dtermination/passion.

Only one way we are heading I'm afraid.

Just hope SOD is more attcking away from home next season.

This club is rotten from the top right through to the bottom

2007 gave us the perfect opportunity to finally go somewhere and its been ****** right up from the moment we lost on the play off final.

So now its back to that **** known as League One.

How many ******* years did it take to get out of it and now we're heading back there.

Ive had my fill of Carlisle , Leyton orient and Brentford over the years

You can now have a fill of Stevenage, Crawley and possibly Yeovil.

Not sure I can , other than to say we're not good enough for this level , our midfield tonight was always going to be the weak link. How many minutes of football has Elliott played this week , on top of all the travelling ?

Agree. An absolute embarrassment. No place for sentiment, we have to be ruthless this summer: Gerken, Wilson, Wilson, Foster, Fontaine, Tangs, Skuse, Elliott, Killkenny and Pearson all need to move on. We need nearly an entirely new midfield.

God life of a footballer is hard !!!!!

Hope hes getting rewarded well for it

Did you seriously expect him to say " were as good as relegated,so we will give up on this season"

Don't think we were , were we? I think we were better placed to get out when he took over than we are now. Basically he's made no difference. Nice work if you can get it.

Randomly reminded me of a Half Man Half Biscuit tune :

Down beside the babbling brook I was trying to sketch myself a Stallion,

When the Stallion said to me,

That's the 3rd biro that you've broke, and all day I cannot wait,

You can lead a horse to water, but your pencil must lead mate,

Ooooooohhhhh said the Stallion.

Sorry - bored!!

Back In The DHSS, what an album. Thanks for reminding me of that little gem and taking my mind off the misery that is currently BCFC.

F****in 'ell, it's Fred Titmuss.

Is anyone else fed up with the empty words and tired cliches that get trotted out pre match in the Post............"we will throw our bodies in the line of fire" "we won't give up, we are determined to fight till the end"..............just once I wish one of them would say...."Quite honestly I don't know how we have the audacity to pick up our wages, most of the time we just go through the motions, and most of us can't believe why people spend money following us around the country,,,,,,,,,,,as to tell the truth none of us are really that bothered as long as we get paid" if only?

+1, should have attacked in the 2nd half, not sat back, Wolves had used all of their subs including the goalkeeper, we are gutless away from home.

Agree, we had nothing to lose, subs to late; mathematicaly not down yet but nailed on, odds on as good as down. :(

Don't think we were , were we? I think we were better placed to get out when he took over than we are now. Basically he's made no difference. Nice work if you can get it.

Sorry but that's nonsense. SOD has improved our performance, particularly in defence. It's just that he started from such a low level.

Guest Swindon8er

The players definently don't deserve the away support they get.. I'll probably be at Burnley next week also, **** knows why..

Couldn't find a centre back, signed players and never played them, gutless at home and away and the new manager claiming that they were disorganised, what more do you want?.

Agree there were players he signed and didnt play,was frustated he kept changing the team....but look at it mate we havent scored a goal since SOD has been in charge away he took over when we are bottom...were still bottom and thats before others play,take a look at the real problem mate ,whateve 11 we put out arent good enough and SOD has has a chance to sign others but hasnt cause he felt he had enough,those losers let us down not the manager

+1, should have attacked in the 2nd half, not sat back, Wolves had used all of their subs including the goalkeeper, we are gutless away from home.

Think he meant the home game. That was R day. "R" for Relegation.

Is anyone else fed up with the empty words and tired cliches that get trotted out pre match in the Post............"we will throw our bodies in the line of fire" "we won't give up, we are determined to fight till the end"..............just once I wish one of them would say...."Quite honestly I don't know how we have the audacity to pick up our wages, most of the time we just go through the motions, and most of us can't believe why people spend money following us around the country,,,,,,,,,,,as to tell the truth none of us are really that bothered as long as we get paid" if only?

Yes I am ..................football is rotten to the core filled with inflated egos and overpaid wasters as well as corrupt and self indulgent chairman that have no love or loyalty to the clubs they ruin.

Agree, we had nothing to lose, subs to late; mathematicaly not down yet but nailed on, odds on as good as down. :(

S O'D is trying that "don't bring on any subs or try to change anything until it is bleeding obvious you're going to concede" style that is being showcased internationally by Roy Hodgson.

Guest Mangotsfield Red

We can still do it, although its gonna be very tough. One thing's for sure, if we're as negative as the last post, instead of having a slim chance we'll have no chance...

Guest Mr Banos

I wonder if the players spirit is broken now Mr OD?

Like it or not we've flirted with miss relegation for 2seasons now and it would seem we've now pulled

What a mess!

Sorry but that's nonsense. SOD has improved our performance, particularly in defence. It's just that he started from such a low level.

Me and my nonsense. I should stop doing it I know. Apparently we performed abysmally and that's our worse away defeat of the season, but other than that I agree everythings looking extremely positive with the new man in charge.

You can now have a fill of Stevenage, Crawley and possibly Yeovil.

No thank you.

I said last season i wouldnt renew my season ticket and after the win versus Cardiff I stupidly changed my mind.

But not this time. Next season im choosing games wisely if any at all.

For the time being Ive had my fill with this excuse of a team

Guest Swindon8er

Shocked to see SOD getting a bit of stick, to be fair it it wasn't for other relegation rivals picking up win after win we'd be well above the drop zone after our great home results and nicking some away points, with this load of sh1te he can only do so much, let him clear out this crap and I'm very hopeful he will take this club back up in no time.

I do take little notice of what people in football say.

They're too thick as shit, lacking depth and integrity to be taken seriously.

Gutless tonight. Don't know how people, in any line of work, can conduct themselves with such little personal pride.

I've done plenty of shitty jobs in my time but, on the whole, done them all with adequate pride.

What was the point in those shameless w*nkers turning up tonight? Glad I couldn't go.

Shocked to see SOD getting a bit of stick, to be fair it it wasn't for other relegation rivals picking up win after win we'd be well above the drop zone after our great home results and nicking some away points, with this load of sh1te he can only do so much, let him clear out this crap and I'm very hopeful he will take this club back up in no time.

Any manager will get stick if we go down without showing any signs of fight

Agree there were players he signed and didnt play,was frustated he kept changing the team....but look at it mate we havent scored a goal since SOD has been in charge away he took over when we are bottom...were still bottom and thats before others play,take a look at the real problem mate ,whateve 11 we put out arent good enough and SOD has has a chance to sign others but hasnt cause he felt he had enough,those losers let us down not the manager

Mate some of them let GJ down but that didn't stop Millen playing them and in some cases giving them longer contracts and then they let him down as well, DMC kept playing these losers ahead of his own signings until finally the penny dropped but of course it was too late, I would say SOD has at least 3/4 years worth of evidence about many of these failing players but has not even dipped into the loan market.

There must something in the AG water that makes new managers believe they really are the messiah and can turn this totally useless bunch of overpaid pussies into a fully functioning unit.

His motivational skills must be severely questioned, judging by today's capitulation in a must-win game. I doubt they'd have got away with that under Billy Davies

Just got back in the car and slightly warmed up. Not been that cold since Cardiff at home in the FA cup 3 years ago in the snow.

Anyway, performance was horrendous, hoof ball gallore. When fans celebrate a shot OFF target like a goal you know things are bad. Great banter and defiance from all the followers, 3 hours drive home now to plan the away programme for league one next year.

Here we go:

SO'D: "It's a disappointing result. We've come a long way; it's the first time they've not really handled disappointment."

SO'D: "Cracks were starting to show. Results will come and go, but how we handle things on the pitch is important."

SO'D: "All three goals came when we were in the ascendency. We were on top and you think, of the first goal, how did that go in."

SO'D: "It's almost like an expectation. They've done well and all of sudden they feel they should be doing even better.

"SO'D: "You have to make sure you know what you're doing from the first whistle to the last."

SO'D: "You can handle it in training but it's what you do on the matchday that counts."

SO'D: "The games are running out for us and the pressures gets greater because of that."

Meaningless comments from SOD imo.

Just got back in the car and slightly warmed up. Not been that cold since Cardiff at home in the FA cup 3 years ago in the snow.

Anyway, performance was horrendous, hoof ball gallore. When fans celebrate a shot OFF target like a goal you know things are bad. Great banter and defiance from all the followers, 3 hours drive home now to plan the away programme for league one next year.

Fair play to the followers, I s'pose you've got to laugh or you'd cry.

I've been close to tears here, I must admit.

Mate some of them let GJ down but that didn't stop Millen playing them and in some cases giving them longer contracts and then they let him down as well, DMC kept playing these losers ahead of his own signings until finally the penny dropped but of course it was too late, I would say SOD has at least 3/4 years worth of evidence about many of these failing players but has not even dipped into the loan market.

There must something in the AG water that makes new managers believe they really are the messiah and can turn this totally useless bunch of overpaid pussies into a fully functioning unit.

Think we agree mate,those players must be some sweet talkers!!We need to lose these losers hope SOD can do it will always get season ticket even though i cant really afford it just want to see either a team of winners or fighters

Here we go:

SO'D: "It's a disappointing result. We've come a long way; it's the first time they've not really handled disappointment."

SO'D: "Cracks were starting to show. Results will come and go, but how we handle things on the pitch is important."

Can't argue with that. Add a bit of our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall and I think we have a winner.

Before tonight I was convinced SOD was the right man for City, from what I have ascertained about tonight, not so sure, still fresh start in league one!

SO'D: "All three goals came when we were in the ascendency. We were on top and you think, of the first goal, how did that go in."

SO'D: "It's almost like an expectation. They've done well and all of sudden they feel they should be doing even better.

"SO'D: "You have to make sure you know what you're doing from the first whistle to the last."

SO'D: "You can handle it in training but it's what you do on the matchday that counts."

SO'D: "The games are running out for us and the pressures gets greater because of that."

Meaningless comments from SOD imo.

Its frightening that no matter who is in charge similar comments come out,even the non manager quote master is saying the same things now!!

yes i fancy theres already an undercurrent of lack of belief in sod on here.

lets hope if (and when we go down) we at least give him the chance to build his own team before we judge him,and not on a few changes or substitutions,that a lot of us disagree with.

Think he meant the home game. That was R day. "R" for Relegation.

For me, that failure to kill off a beaten Wolves team was R-day. We couldn't have had a better chance and we blew it. Simple as that.

Its frightening that no matter who is in charge similar comments come out,even the non manager quote master is saying the same things now!!

Missed our chance, should have got that orrible git Billy Davies in, unfortunately he is probably not a yes man so no good to Landsdown

Archived