IGNORED

City Vs Derby Match Thread

Robin 101

I always consider your post to be well thought but come on.................thats just silly.

Brit - has SO'D ever said in a convincing manner that he thought he would keep City up?

Nothing SO'D has ever said has given me the impression he felt he was likely to prevent relegation.

He was brought here long term, to repair very long term damage and the likelihood, no doubt discussed very openly both ways at interview, was that the real repair work would commence in DIv. 1.

Anything else being a bonus, but not an expected one, and that's always seemed to me to be the downbeat tone of his interviews, whilst never of course dismissing the chance of survival.

SO'D: "All three goals came when we were in the ascendency. We were on top and you think, of the first goal, how did that go in."

SO'D: "It's almost like an expectation. They've done well and all of sudden they feel they should be doing even better.

"SO'D: "You have to make sure you know what you're doing from the first whistle to the last."

SO'D: "You can handle it in training but it's what you do on the matchday that counts."

SO'D: "The games are running out for us and the pressures gets greater because of that."

Meaningless comments from SOD imo.

Any mention of why Kelly was left out?

Guest Swindon8er

Spot on Nogbad, and people seem to expect him to come on air and slag the players off when he's been trying to create a positive atmosphere despite I'm sure knowing deep down we aren't very good, judge SOD from day one of next season.

Me and my nonsense. I should stop doing it I know. Apparently we performed abysmally and that's our worse away defeat of the season, but other than that I agree everythings looking extremely positive with the new man in charge.

Who said things are looking positive? I didn't - I think we're down.

My point was that we are a better team under SOD than under DMC. The points per game show that quite clearly (1.31 against 0.85).

Why are we down?

1. The shite league position DMC left us in.

2. The low level of performance of the team DMC left behind him.

3. (And one that's NOT DMC's fault). The amazing performances of 'boro, Wendy and Barnsley over the last couple of months.

I'm as gutted as you are, but lets not throw out the baby with the bath water.

and the defence backing off until there is no more room to back off?

Oh yeah, sorry I forgot that bit Es (thought it would've been obvious though).

Shades of Sept to Jan I'm afraid.

Who said things are looking positive? I didn't - I think we're down.

My point was that we are a better team under SOD than under DMC. The points per game show that quite clearly (1.31 against 0.85).

Why are we down?

1. The shite league position DMC left us in.

2. The low level of performance of the team DMC left behind him.

3. (And one that's NOT DMC's fault). The amazing performances of 'boro, Wendy and Barnsley over the last couple of months.

I'm as gutted as you are, but lets not throw out the baby with the bath water.

I largely tend to agree, am obviously in a particularly bad mood tonight, but have to say the statistics are completely irrelevant if he takes us down. I'd keep him in charge next year and chuckle a little at the judge him on next season quote , as I believe that we've been doing this to various managers over a few years now. ( Aware you didn't say it).

Fact is I would be happy if we were seeing the SOD style of playing that we were all looking forward to , or alternatively the fight and desire to stay in the division that Barnsley, Peterboro etc are showing. Complaints about the long ball to Baldock approach tonight, but what choice do you have when you play a midfield that's frankly terrified of the ball and hides if there's the slightest chance of receiving it in their own half?

Skuse and Elliott have demonstrated over many years they're substandard at this level and possession figures are available to confirm this. He's managed at this level for several years. He should know what we all know.

I thought he'd take us down , but I'd anticipated it would happen with a bit of style. And the fact that Tangs and Fontaine are less bad than they can be isn't filling me with optimism at present.

Guest Swindon8er

But how can you possibly judge SOD? Do you think deep down he wants Elliot, Skuse, Pearson, Kilkenny etc. in midfield, he's doing the best he can with what he's got and I'm sure when the summer comes we will see many changes, SOD has done well with what we have and if it wasn't for freak wins by many of our relegation rivals we would actually be in a strongish league position, shame we are heading down but it as near an impossible task but we will have to start again and I hope SOD is the right man to get this club back on track.

But how can you possibly judge SOD? Do you think deep down he wants Elliot, Skuse, Pearson, Kilkenny etc. in midfield, he's doing the best he can with what he's got and I'm sure when the summer comes we will see many changes, SOD has done well with what we have and if it wasn't for freak wins by many of our relegation rivals we would actually be in a strongish league position, shame we are heading down but it as near an impossible task but we will have to start again and I hope SOD is the right man to get this club back on track.

Why are they freak wins? Because we can't do it? They're just wins . Sort of thing we hoped for tonight. I've nothing against SOD but remain disappointed that we continue to play uninspired football with the same players who've put us in this position year after year. It's likely Howard starting we'd have been in exactly the same mess but who knows? Playing the same underachieving, talentless dross that have failed year after year has proved to be predictably pointless. Almost literally.

I largely tend to agree, am obviously in a particularly bad mood tonight, but have to say the statistics are completely irrelevant if he takes us down. I'd keep him in charge next year and chuckle a little at the judge him on next season quote , as I believe that we've been doing this to various managers over a few years now. ( Aware you didn't say it).

Fact is I would be happy if we were seeing the SOD style of playing that we were all looking forward to , or alternatively the fight and desire to stay in the division that Barnsley, Peterboro etc are showing. Complaints about the long ball to Baldock approach tonight, but what choice do you have when you play a midfield that's frankly terrified of the ball and hides if there's the slightest chance of receiving it in their own half?

Skuse and Elliott have demonstrated over many years they're substandard at this level and possession figures are available to confirm this. He's managed at this level for several years. He should know what we all know.

I thought he'd take us down , but I'd anticipated it would happen with a bit of style. And the fact that Tangs and Fontaine are less bad than they can be isn't filling me with optimism at present.

so what would you judge him on? or is that it f... of youv played the same midfield as everyone else.

acouple of years ago doncaster would have been in your list along with posh,barnsley.

my son was at the game,sounded quite upbeat h.t he thought it had been better than what i was listening to,mind you i think theyed had a good drink before hand.

always helps watchin the city!

it must have been the drink. i was thinking we were shit at half time.

so what would you judge him on? or is that it f... of youv played the same midfield as everyone else.

acouple of years ago doncaster would have been in your list along with posh,barnsley.

At the moment I'll judge anyone on style of football or success, pretty much the same as everyone else on the forum. And yes I'm getting slightly weary of watching an inept midfield fail to even suggest they know how to control or pass a football for far too many years now. And strike me down, it's the same old players. Not sure what your point is re Doncaster but they'll be waving to us on the way up shortly without SOD in charge.

Glad i stayed away from OTIB early this morning then. Oh dear, we are in a bit of a pickle now but hey.... beat Wednesday on Monday and we are right back in there, where we were before Friday's game!! Its not over til its over. Gotta keep fighting and get behind the lads. We will beat Wednesday.

Hopefully the fans will start turning On the players, some of them should be ashamed to pick their wages up this season. This squad are lucky they were not around 10-15 years ago, they would have been hounded out the club. with our lot now I bet they got clapped off last night.

Hopefully the fans will start turning On the players, some of them should be ashamed to pick their wages up this season. This squad are lucky they were not around 10-15 years ago, they would have been hounded out the club. with our lot now I bet they got clapped off last night.

Not quite the response required Chumley until it is mathematically impossible for us to survive. if we all did what you obviously do then we would have a 'better' chance of being bottom of a division for yonks.... oh.. look.. we have been and still are.

Do not underestimate the crowds influence.. or maybe you are not and you are an intelligent gashead.

Archived