IGNORED

Johnson & Johnson

Guest 112 Days

Guest 112 Days

Good article here http://soa.li/K9cwkzM about Lee and Gary Johnson facing each other when Oldham play Yeovil.

Interesting that LJ seems to know he limitations and 'won't make the mistakes of his dad'. I bet Sunday Dinner at their house is fascinating!

I don't remember someone throwing a punch at LJ on his debut, anyone else?

No I don't remember any punches? There was a bit of animosity towards GJs tactics of playing 4 central midfielders then shoving Skuse out on the right wing to accommodate LJ.

There's a better piece in The Guardian tweeted by Beenhead. He says "if he had a son he'd never sign him" as whenever anything went wrong the nepotism card would be played. Intelligent bloke LJ - hoping for an Oldham win!

Guest 112 Days

There's a better piece in The Guardian tweeted by Beenhead. He says "if he had a son he'd never sign him" as whenever anything went wrong the nepotism card would be played. Intelligent bloke LJ - hoping for an Oldham win!

But then I'd have to read the guardian. ;)

I also wish LJ every success, nice guy who did well for us and I suppose it wasn't his fault his dad was the manager! For what it's worth, the most successful football spell that I have seen at city, had LJ and Elliott in centre midfield, so he can't have been a bad player!

I reckon GJ will get Yeovil up this year. That will be some irony....

But then I'd have to read the guardian. ;)

I also wish LJ every success, nice guy who did well for us and I suppose it wasn't his fault his dad was the manager! For what it's worth, the most successful football spell that I have seen at city, had LJ and Elliott in centre midfield, so he can't have been a bad player!

I reckon GJ will get Yeovil up this year. That will be some irony....

Ha - not guilty to reading the paper. It was tweeted!

Rather have Yeovil down with us, local rivalry for a change.

Guest 112 Days

If I had one wish as a city fan over the recent years, it would be that we had more patience with Gary Johnson. The stick he got looks laughable now and a lot of fans hounded him to a point where he snapped and had to go.

I bloody loved going to city when he was in charge...

With regards to the punch, the only one I really remember is at home in front of the Dolman around the half way line. A fan went up and swung for LJ (I think?) and Bradley Orr ran over and got involved. Can't be 100% sure which season it was or even if I'm completely correct, but could he be on about this game and either he/reporter got mixed up?

With regards to the punch, the only one I really remember is at home in front of the Dolman around the half way line. A fan went up and swung for LJ (I think?) and Bradley Orr ran over and got involved. Can't be 100% sure which season it was or even if I'm completely correct, but could he be on about this game and either he/reporter got mixed up?

Other way round, someone swung for Orr then Johnson came over and pushed the guy away.

What game was it that LJ scored the winner to save GJ's job?

Wasn't it West Brom at home? If I remember we were a goal down, it was live on telly and we put in a stirring second half performance and won 2-1. LJ definitely got the winner that day.

What game was it that LJ scored the winner to save GJ's job?

WBA at home, on telly. LJ had an absolute stormer, particularly second half, scored the winner. And for once we kept the ball on the ground.

Good luck to LJ, was never his dad's biggest fan but from the Grauniad interview in particular he seems like a bright and ambitious lad, with a bit of a wider field of vision than his father. I wish him well.

PS: always liked him as a player, thought he had a good brain but possibly not the legs to go with it...

WBA at home, on telly. LJ had an absolute stormer, particularly second half, scored the winner. And for once we kept the ball on the ground.

Good luck to LJ, was never his dad's biggest fan but from the Grauniad interview in particular he seems like a bright and ambitious lad, with a bit of a wider field of vision than his father. I wish him well.

PS: always liked him as a player, thought he had a good brain but possibly not the legs to go with it...

Not long enough?

I remember LJ running to the eastend who had been booing him for weeks and them going mental. How contrary I thought.

Been in the EE for a few years and can't remember him being booed, thought it was mainly the Dullmoan.

Guest iWurzel

Yep I remember this well. Don't think it was his first game though

Agreed.

As a club we were punching above our weight to even be in the top half of the Championship. Looks like the grass wasn't any greener for us when we kicked him out...

Yawn. Have you not looked at the figures since we have been in the Championship? In no way shape or form have we punched above our weight at this level bar getting to Wembley in the first season. If anything I would strongly argue we have under-achieved. Johnson was heavily backed financially if you dont remember, had pretty much free reign in the loan market also (sno, stern john) etc. the 10th place finishes like i said were about right.

He lost the plot towards the end and we would of gone down THAT season had the board not acted, do people not remember how bad it got towards the end?. IMO sacking Johnson was one of the boards better decsions of recent season's.

Archived