IGNORED

Stats...

Guest what's going wrong?

Thanks to OptaJoe we now know the following...

That 'useless Skuse' made the most amount of tackles in our team this season behind Maloney, Cunningham and Nyatanga.

That 'useless' player also on games to passes ratio had the 26th amount of successful passes FORWARD in the WHOLE league.

That 'lazy' Davies had the 2nd LEAST amount of sprints in the league behind Zigic of Birmingham.

That 'lazy' Davies also had our most amounts of shots on target, most chances created and most amount of goals.

Albert has a staggering cross completion of just 23%.

That 'terrible' Fontaine... Well the stats prove he's shit.

Lay off Skuse and Davies, Skuse is a good player and if you don't see that then you have no footballing brain. Davies is LAZY but was CRUCIAL to our 41 points...

Albert and Fontaine on stats don't look that good, but, let's not forget - everyone thinks Albert is Messi.

Anyone with a football brain knows stats only tell you half the story.

Have you seen a Cole Skuse set piece?

Seriously? Set pieces? Yeah - I forgot you needed to be able to take a set piece to be a good midfielder.

Dear god, you sir are an absolute joke.

How many games did those stats win for us?

I was more pointing our everyone is slating the wrong players.

Sam Baldock has been absolutely horrendous bar P'Boro away and his cameo v Cardiff.

Albert has been average all season.

Ryan Taylor not scored much when he's played.

Marc Wilson cost us a few games.

Gerken cost us 1 - embarrassingly.

Elliot popped in a few goals but was useless.

Killa was Killa.

Fonts was Fonts.

McCity -

I think you'll find we conceded less goals when Skuse was playing to when he wasn't... Keep chatting - you ******* moron.

Why are most Bristol City fans so ******* stupid?

Embarrassing.

23% cross completion isn't actually that bad to be fair, think about how often we would of had more than one or two in the box, then think about how good our attackers actually are in the air.

I read somewhere a few days ago that if a winger completes 1 in 5 of his crosses then that should be considered as good, so if going by what I read then you're right, 23% isn't that bad.

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

Barcelona have 70 odd % of possession and lose 7-0. How is that useful to know? Effectiveness is what matters and that's not explained statistically.

I generally don't bother giving statistics attention, they're usually only used for flimsy debate.

Did you know City have never lost to Barcelona? Fact.

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

Barcelona have 70 odd % of possession and lose 7-0. How is that useful to know? Effectiveness is what matters and that's not explained statistically.

I generally don't bother giving statistics attention, they're usually only used for flimsy debate.

Did you know City have never lost to Barcelona? Fact.

But we have acquired an average of 0 points per game against them, yet to score and have a 0% clean sheet record

That 'useless Skuse' made the most amount of tackles in our team this season behind Maloney, Cunningham and Nyatanga.

That 'useless' player also on games to passes ratio had the 26th amount of successful passes FORWARD in the WHOLE league.

That 'lazy' Davies had the 2nd LEAST amount of sprints in the league behind Zigic of Birmingham.

That 'lazy' Davies also had our most amounts of shots on target, most chances created and most amount of goals.

Lay off Skuse and Davies, Skuse is a good player and if you don't see that then you have no footballing brain. Davies is LAZY but was CRUCIAL to our 41 points...

Albert and Fontaine on stats don't look that good, but, let's not forget - everyone thinks Albert is Messi.

What's Zaha's cross completion percentage?

Seriously? Set pieces? Yeah - I forgot you needed to be able to take a set piece to be a good midfielder.

Dear god, you sir are an absolute joke.

That's ok mate you take your comfort from your stats and numbers, ill take comfort in knowing these jokers will go and waste someone else's money.

That's ok mate you take your comfort from your stats and numbers, ill take comfort in knowing these jokers will go and waste someone else's money.

The thing is they'll go somewhere else and become top players, you just know it will happen.

I was more pointing our everyone is slating the wrong players.

Sam Baldock has been absolutely horrendous bar P'Boro away and his cameo v Cardiff.

Albert has been average all season.

Ryan Taylor not scored much when he's played.

Marc Wilson cost us a few games.

Gerken cost us 1 - embarrassingly.

Elliot popped in a few goals but was useless.

Killa was Killa.

Fonts was Fonts.

McCity -

I think you'll find we conceded less goals when Skuse was playing to when he wasn't... Keep chatting - you ******* moron.

Why are most Bristol City fans so ******* stupid?

Embarrassing.

Is there any real need for that? Just because he has a different opnion to you , we all support the same team (apparentley) maybe leave the insults out.

Stats don't really mean to much - high pass completion forward could be 5 yard passes 100's of times a game putting the receiving player under pressure - whereas another player might make 5 forward passes forward in a game and each one an assists/goal opportunity. The same with Davies, he's scored more than Baldock, but Baldock's goals have won us more points...... stats simply do not show the full picture.

So, Skuse had the most tackles aside from Maloney, Cunningham & Nyatanga. So that's the 4th most on the team in spite of playing 27 games as the so called holding midfielder. He supposed to make tackles - that's his role. His ability to let people run past him is the best in league though!

You do also realise that the forward passes counted on these stats DO include his sideways shufflers - as long as the ball travels 1 inch forward it will be counted as a forward pass. I will prefer to let my eyes understand what I see, and I see very rare (if any) attempts at incisive, creative forward passes.

As I mentioned on another thread earlier, would Skuse have created the opening goal for Yeovil today - which Ed Upson so excellently did. No. Skuse would NOT have played that forward incisive pass. He'd have slowed play, turned about face and played it to the winger or full back.

I'll throw some stats at you bud - 0 Goals, 0 Assists, 3 Bookings, 4 Shots. That doesn't suggest to me that he's been all action!!

Stats can be deceiving. My own eyes tell me that he doesn't contribute enough to a game. If that means I don't have a footballing brain in your opinion then so be it. Ditto.

But we have acquired an average of 0 points per game against them, yet to score and have a 0% clean sheet record

Yeah, quite. Stats can be used in any form of evaluation, taken out of context.

Archived