IGNORED

Starting Line Up

westonred

I know we will all see this diferently but i would go something like this at the start of the new season:

Fielding

Moloney Flint Williams Cunniningham

Wynter

Killkenny Kelly

JET

Baldock Davies

Subs

new Goalie

Carey

Burns

Ajala

Reid

Bryan

Taylor

Must say that I like that team, provided that Wynter is solid and can be relied upon to drop back and help out when Moloney or Cunningham bomb forward.

Would probably also rotate Taylor into the starting line up, provided he performs well off the bench in the first few games.

One extra signing that I'd want is an experienced midfielder to take Kilkenny's spot.

------------------Fielding-----------------

Maloney-Flint-Williams-Cunningham

--------Elliot/Wynter-----Kelly-----------

JET--------Reid/Kilkenny--------Bryan

----------------Davies---------------------

------------------Fielding-----------------

Maloney-Flint-Williams-Cunningham

JET----Kelly---Elliot/Wynter----Bryan

-----------Baldock--Taylor--------------

Probs go two up front at home and one away, Reid/Kilkenny very much 5 man midfield players, too weak for a two man midfield. Expect Bryan to be a suprise key player next season after his rave reviews at Plymouth.

All the comings and goings aren't done yet by some way. Albert will almost certainly be off and who knows what other players O'Driscoll has in his sights.

Trying to predict the starting line 5 weeks in advance is a tad pointless. 5 days before the opening game would be better option.

All the comings and goings aren't done yet by some way. Albert will almost certainly be off and who knows what other players O'Driscoll has in his sights.

Trying to predict the starting line 5 weeks in advance is a tad pointless. 5 days before the opening game would be better option.

Nought wrong with a bit of fun guessing our line ups though babs... It's something we're all interested in.

I'm going from our current squad:

----------------Fielding--------------

Moloney--Flint--Williams--Cunningham

Adomah--Wynter--Kelly--Anderson

-----------Baldock--Davies---------

Maybe a bit of shuffling in CM but I think that's a good team. Adomah, Anderson, Baldock and Davies should be class in L1.

We've signed JET have we? People picking Wynter without seeing him play. OTIB, a continued baffling place.

We might not have seen him play, but the manager had and he has signed him on that basis so it is not at all 'baffling' to suggest he might be in the starting line up come the first game.

Also, the JET rumour genuinely appears to have legs in the same way the fielding one did, another fairly reasonable prediction.

I'm going from our current squad:

----------------Fielding--------------

Moloney--Flint--Williams--Cunningham

Adomah--Wynter--Kelly--Anderson

-----------Baldock--Davies---------

Maybe a bit of shuffling in CM but I think that's a good team. Adomah, Anderson, Baldock and Davies should be class in L1.

I would be very pleased to see this team start against Bradford. Granted, I, like 99% of other people have not seen Williams or Wynter play (many have seen Flint play), but that bit of youthfulness, mixed with our better players cannot be a bad thing.

Sadly, cannot see it happening. One, cannot see Albert and/or Anderson being here; two, cannot see us playing with two out-and-out wingers; three, I think S'OD will want to play Kilkenny... lord help.

I would be very pleased to see this team start against Bradford. Granted, I, like 99% of other people have not seen Williams or Wynter play (many have seen Flint play), but that bit of youthfulness, mixed with our better players cannot be a bad thing.

Sadly, cannot see it happening. One, cannot see Albert and/or Anderson being here; two, cannot see us playing with two out-and-out wingers; three, I think S'OD will want to play Kilkenny... lord help.

yeah, it looks likely we'll lose Adomah and/ or Anderson. I wonder if SOD will try 2 out-and-out wingers with a (hopefully) a stronger defence in a lower league.

Kilkenny :gaah: . Please..no.

Who knows

Likely Leavers

Anderson

Adomah

Possible leavers

Baldock

Davis

Killkenny

Fontaine

Elliot

Those OOC but offered terms

Nyatanga

Anything can happen in the next six weeks. With the season starting in early Aug I expect to see quite a lot of action around this lot....Particular interest in a couple from Yeovil!

Based on our current squad...

..........................................Fielding.............................................

.........................Flint.............................Fontaine.........................

Maloney..................................................................Cunningham

............................Kelly.................Elliot.......................................

Adomah..............................Davies..............................Anderson

...........................................Baldock...........................................

I hope that Williams, Winter/Reid will be pushing Fontaine and Elliot however having never seen them play I don't know.

I'd be happy for Baldock to stay on the last man and create space for the 3 in behind to create havoc!!

..........................................Fielding.............................................

.........................Flint.............................Fontaine.........................

Maloney..................................................................Cunningham

............................Kelly.................Elliot.......................................

Adomah..............................Davies..............................Anderson

...........................................Baldock...........................................

I hope that Williams, Winter/Reid will be pushing Fontaine and Elliot however having never seen them play I don't know.

I'd be happy for Baldock to stay on the last man and create space for the 3 in behind to create havoc!!

thats just one outfield player different for the sqaud we had avalible last season

Far too many from last season.

----------------------------Fielding---------------------------

Moloney--------------Flint----------Nyatanga?-------Cunningham

Adomah------------Kelly-------------Elliott---------------Anderson

-------------------------------Reid--------------------------------------

-----------------------------Davies-------------------------------------

Id have Nyatanga (if he signs contract) ahead of Fontaine and Carey. Never seen Williams play so cant comment on him, same with Wynter

Although we haven't seen wynter, he turned down arsenal to sign from us on the basis he would get first team football. Going on that, I think he will play a large number of games for us this season. It potentially will be a rotation between him, Kelly and Reid which sounds great to have those options

We've only bought three but as I said I hope Williams and Winter are ready to be pushing for starting places but I've not seen either of them play so cannot comment.

Well you know how bad Fontaine and Kilkenny are so that should be enough.

9dc6c532e105147c5c4e6860e60cc031.png

Defensively they should be tight and able to handle anything, Wynter and Kelly hopefully winning midfield, and lets see if Anderson, Bryan, Reid and Baldock can produce some fast paced passing/attacking football

Guest Know the Score

9dc6c532e105147c5c4e6860e60cc031.png

Defensively they should be tight and able to handle anything, Wynter and Kelly hopefully winning midfield, and lets see if Anderson, Bryan, Reid and Baldock can produce some fast paced passing/attacking football

Probably change Reid for Davis, and play more of a 4-4-1-1, can't see a SOD side being to open although that formation would look like the one he'd want to see counter attacking with! Just a thought as well JET seems to have a reputation for playing on wings as well so would Anderson for JET be a straight like for like swap? Or will we utilise him as a big man?

Now that JET is pretty much confirmed:

751018_Bristol_City.jpg

This formation and line up makes sense because every player can adapt to all the positions. For example; Reid could cover for JET, Kilkenny could slot in Kelly's position, Elliot in Wynter's postion, Pearson for Bryan. Well maybe every player, I'm not sure where Albert would play...

P.S Thanks Fiale!

Archived